This game is a god damn masterpiece

+
Can't agree more.
Would also add that the whole atmosphere of the game, its the best I have seen yet.
The way the world make you feel that everything you see is part of it, how your part of it, not above it or ignorant of it.

It is brilliant, under the frame pacing/judder issue I have. Just got to look into the distance when moving to avoid a headache. Content is amazing, and it takes a lovely screenshot.

Witcher 2 improved upon The Witcher, and Witcher 3 improved upon Witcher 2.

This is how sequels work. You add, improve quality, improve mechanics. You don't take away, you add. So yes, I agree (Despite some glaring issues and performance, more notably framerate drops, which HOPEFULLY will be fixed) The best Witcher in the series, and the best IMHO Open-World RPG to have come out in a very, very long time.

Unfortunately I'm waiting for performance increases before I play anymore further, as the drops are too painful. When they do fix it it will be a masterpiece.

So you get sick for a problem that happens only when you move very slowly (you must do it almost appositely for it to happen, as many videos have shown), I understand. Why instead of coming here posting TWO times in an appreciation thread (when there are countless others dedicated appositely to problems, and many specifically to the one you talk about) don't you try to have a little of prospective and stop using hyperbole to try to gather attention?

But yes, you are troll, on this you are right.

Maybe you are in the percentage of the population that can't distinguish 30 hz from 60 to 75. Maybe your TV has so much ghosting that you can't see dropped frames. But I assure you, it's not just noticeable slowly panning the camera. It's about twice a second no matter what's going on. Running forward, turning camera fast or slow, getting on horse, it doesn't matter. It's not even a framerate issue... It's a horrible and VERY noticeable (at least to seemingly 30% of the game's players) frame DROP. Twice a second.

Why post in this thread? Because "god damn masterpiece"s aren't borderline unplayable for a LARGE portion of their player base. Call it hyperbole all you want-- many other's report similar experiences. Potential customers need to be made aware of the myriad issues they will find themselves in with solutions from customer service such as "power cycle your console".

Also, a little hypocritical regarding "whining" in an "appreciation thread".

Maybe you are in the percentage of the population that can't distinguish 30 hz from 60 to 75. Maybe your TV has so much ghosting that you can't see dropped frames.

Ok, sure. Videos lies while you are correct, as you want. Now, can you please go somewhere else trolling? Didn't you see the many threads in the tech section about the issue?

Most TVs have GAME MODE which will more than not improve response time to.. I'd say 5ms - 7ms. Anything above 10ms is terrible for gaming, and ghosting will be introduced.

Take it from me and my 1ms BENQ Monitor which has ZERO ghosting, but sadly colour banding and need to replace it.

Who's saying what anyways, that there are no frame issues? Most "Console" only gamers don't seem to notice what us PC gamers do, and I'm playing Witcher 3 on PS4 cause I need to upgrade.

I never said that there are not frame rate issues, I said that the stuttering the guy talks about happens only when panning, not when moving (I watched many videos about the issue and when moving normally the micro stutter doesn't happen, it is mostly noticeable because with a controller the movement is smoother than a mouse and so in some instances, as you need to pan, it becomes apparent). And, Im sorry for you, I neither have a console and I have always been a PC user, so, you have mistaken the target here.

But please, can this argument be done in another thread? There are plenty to discuss this thing already and I don't understand why in an appreciation thread we must address specific issues that don't happen for everyone (for example in PC I don't have this issue).

It's probably the best open world game I've ever played. I could go on all day listing the things I love about it but the thing that stands out most revolves around the characters I've met and the emotions they invoke.

The scene with the bar tender in White Orchid, when every thing kicks off and she gets accused of being a traitor for taking the Tamerian shield down then gets her face smashed in was so tense and really well paced. I could feel the tension building up and tbh. After W2 it took me totally by surprise. because even though W2 dealt with similar themes but it all had a cartoon quality. This felt real.

And then on the other hand you have Geralt with his snide sarcastic jabs that always put a stupid looking smile on my face. like complimenting the Barons home made doll of Triss as being an "uncanny" likeness.

The Baron himself is so well designed. I can't help but think that Robert Baratheon was some what his inspiration. If it was intentional. It's brilliant.

The whole world is so authentic and consistent and I could go on all day praising it.

Something I absolutely love are the face expressions and interactions Geralt makes when talking to NPC's. The attention to detail is very impressive, massive improvement from Witcher 2, and even then I was impressed with how that improved over the first game.

Who ever was responsible for those Animations, person/team did one HELL of an amazing job.

ive really enjoyed my experiences so far. ill definitly be posting my overall feedback once i finish the full game.

also, i'd pay $60 just for Gwent alone :)

The choices and consequences are so well done , best of any RPG i have seen , usually when you make a choice in these RPGs you feel the consquences right on the spot, not with the W3 though( if you have finished the bloody Baron quest you know what i mean ) , you make a choice and think o this is done and dusted then way later into the game that same choice comes back and bite you in the ass .....also nothing is black and white there is no best choice which is what i love the most about it.

I agree. CDPR know how to tell good Storys. The World is realy awesome. Handcrafted, you can feel the love these guys put into it. Other Dev´s can learn alot from you, I give you that CDPR, respect.

ive really enjoyed my experiences so far. ill definitly be posting my overall feedback once i finish the full game.

also, i'd pay $60 just for Gwent alone :)

I did not think I would like Gwent as most games within a game are lame. Last night my kids fussed at me for stopping to play a hand before a quest... but I had to beat this vendor so I could get his special reward card for my deck first. I beat every new vendor I have met so far, most on the first try, but the challengers seem to be getting better as I go. its been a lot of fun. :)

Also to note, when my kids stop playing their first person shooters to watch me play, you know the game is good.

Agree, too! Loving this game so far, such amazing characters and quests, puts Dragon Age: Inquisition and it's never ending boring fetch x amount of y quests to shame and just might topple Skyrim as my favourite ever game. Certainly far, far, far less bugs on release than Skyrim, I've only really noticed one or two and these very extremely minor. Well done!

The world is the best open world I have ever played in, there are really so many things going on its incredible. And I wont say any spoilers, not even that far in the game yet, but The Baron is such an amazingly well-written character I have to give creds just for him

Completely agree. I have been waiting years for this game, and it doesn't dissapoint. I love the world, the setting and feeling. Such beleivable characters, the writing is top notch. Like you OP I found the humour just right. Geralt's sarcasm never gets old, but not overdone and just the right amount. Even the rabbits humping each other when the camera pans around (meeting with Keira Metz) has a place (a reflection on her personaility).

Yes there are a couple niggles but honestly this is the best game I've played in a long time.

Top Bottom