This game is a god damn masterpiece

+
Hell yes its a masterpiece!!

I was sceptical with the open world approach at first (since TW1 + TW2 were just fine without it and I'm not a fan of stuff like Skyrim or DA:I) but I can gladly say that I was proven wrong
The open world in TW3 is great, it feels alive and there are so many well done side quests to get lost in
You can see that CDPR really put a lot of effort in it unlike so many developers today who just copy and paste repetetive stuff from one game to the other (see Ubisoft with AC)

Apart from that the story is awesome (very well written dialogue) and the characters as great as ever (be it old one's like Triss or Dandelion, or new one's like Ciri and Yennefer)

I haven't completed the game yet (want to take my time with it) but I have no doubt that this high quality will be maintained through the end
Thanks CDPR for delivering this masterpiece
I really hope TW3 will be a huge success because you deserve it!

Couldn't agree more!
It's epic, awesome and a masterpiece of open world rpg magnificence!
Truly astonishing in breadth and scale and yet crammed full of such minor details I'm honestly in shock as to how it was created!
It's a sheer joy to play!

It really is. Quite simply this game has a soul. With so many developers of open world games taking the easy way out copy+pasting content like their CTRL key will go extinct it is so refreshing to see a team work so hard to show the world how it's done. The bar has been raised so high my nose is bleeding.

It'll be my personal magnificent masterpiece until MGSV: Phantom Pain once CDPR fixes the frame issues on PS4 ^_^

also just wanted to thank you CD... im huge fan of the books and what u guys made with this game is defenatly a masterpiece.
Just Thanl You soo much!!

the love to detail, graphics, dialogues, characters, quests, side quests...man I`m really hard to impress when it comes to new games but this here is in fact a god damn masterpiece. I am absolutely blown away what CDPR created here. I hope a lot of things will come towards TW3. I`ll buy everythinG, TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Just want to confirm here that it is a goddamn masterpiece indeed. I have rarely been so excited by a game like this. i feel like a little kid. I go t bed too late, i wake up too early, i quickly stuff my face with my dinner to continue playing. It's so exciting that they managed to put all the good stuff from the previous witcher games in an open world. I will be buying the expansion pass for sure. So great that an already huge game, will get even a lot more content later this year.

Some criticism.... I do think the PS4 version could use a few performance tweaks. In some parts the framerate isn't all that and rain has a way too big impact on the framerate too.

Other than that, to me the game is pretty much perfect. Absolutely love it

Novigrad is incredible. i just got there after 30-ish hours in the game.
i can't remember last time i was playing a computer game and was having that wow-moment. i mean sure i've seen the 35 min. demo.. but walking up to the city and then inside.. crazy feeling

That's an awful lot of people calling Masterpiece on this, and I can't recall the last time I heard the like of it for an RPG at launch. Can't say I'm much surprised though. :)

Characters in the game are smartly written and relatable.... Choices matter.... I'm absolutely amazed by the story, characters and writing.

I think we've generally underestimated - and RPG devs certainly have - how much meaningful Choice & Consequences affect the players involvement, almost like a virtual sense of touch providing a mental hook to catch an otherwise bored errand fetcher by giving them a stake in decision outcomes, even if that stake is simply seeing consistently solid alternative paths and viewpoints to the story, rather than the usual "thanks for fetching the 10 wotsits, o mighty one". The REDs even exceed this and in the vast number of occasions manage to involve the player emotionally, and with honourable mention to the many other arts brought to bear to make this happen, the narrative is where we touch the game, not the bodycount, and the REDs never underestimated that, fair play to them.

So now we know TW2 was no fluke, RPG narratives can be mature and credit their players with some sense, it doesn't all have to be modelled around the Compulsion Reward Loop. I'd like to bash some other game here, but lets face it, theres just nobody else on the same storyboard as these guys.

Love and sex is realistic and does not (one exception) fall into awkward or cheesy, but mature, smart and enjoyable.

Well, isn't that random fubar along the way kinda realistic in itself ? ;)

I agree so far (45 hours). There are a lot of overwhelming things in this game but the main story so far (almost finished Novigrad) is the most memorable. Some of the questlines (Baron, Ladies of the Wood) are masterpieces and after finishing Velen I thought it could only go downhill from now on, but Novigrad was not less enjoyable.
The storywriting is a little worse (but still the best you can find in videogames) but all the returning characters from Witcher 2 and the books made up for it.
My only fear is to continue the mainstory because it may and will:(( end at some point.
Oh and I'm pleasently surprised that this is the darkest and grittiest Witcher game so far. Some of the stories are so disturbing and amazing at the same time, just inredible

I just started the novigrad storyline.I have to say i am really impressed.Characters like the Baron are extremely well written,stories like the Ladies of the Woods are really dark and quests like the one in the dungeon with Keira Metz are epic.I also really like that you can see more of some characters via secondary missions(like the baron,keira and the pellar).My only small gripe with the story is that i haven't seen or heard of the Wild Hunt for a while now,even though the beginning of the story was really WH-centric.

As for gameplay etc,i am quite satisfied.In conclusion,if the story continues in the same level and becomes slightly more epic(which i am sure it will in the proccess),then this game can easily take a spot in my top 3 games

Congratulations and thank you for making the greatest game ever.

You guys at CD Projekt Red need to give yourselves a massive pat on the back. And its because you've done it, you've made the best game of all time. In all seriousness it is.

Thank you so much for creating this utterly mind-blowing incredibly beautiful game, I am loving every second, can't wait for the expansions!

Keep up the good work guys, I will buy every game you make no doubt.

Top Bottom