This game is driving me crazy! What I did wrong?

+
I'm playing corpo lifepath non lethal route, I talked to Frank nicely. But in War Pigs quest I don't have option to spare him. But other player can!

In The Beast in Me quest, I told Claire I will not purposely kill Sampson, later in final race I ask Claire to spare him but she still kill him! I saw other people playthrough you can save him! I dunno what I did wrong!

That's the thing, you may not be doing anything wrong. It's hard to tell what's a bug and what the devs actually intended.

You gotta tell her that revenge isn't gonna solve anything in earlier convos. Conversations in this game matter, A LOT more than people seem to think. You can't just always pick the option that you think is going to lead the desired outcome without any thought. The characters in the game have actual complexity.

I actually like that in RPGs. When you can't always control the outcome. Claire killed Sampson in my playthrough as well. Was there a way to perhaps convince her not to if I had previously said the correct things? Maybe. But I gave her my opinions based on the current information at hand. If I then go back and replay the whole thing, the point is lost.

I actually like that in RPGs. When you can't always control the outcome. Claire killed Sampson in my playthrough as well. Was there a way to perhaps convince her not to if I had previously said the correct things? Maybe. But I gave her my opinions based on the current information at hand. If I then go back and replay the whole thing, the point is lost.

Exactly. Play the character you want to play instead of trying to meta-game to get the "best" outcome.

You gotta tell her that revenge isn't gonna solve anything in earlier convos. Conversations in this game matter, A LOT more than people seem to think. You can't just always pick the option that you think is going to lead the desired outcome without any thought. The characters in the game have actual complexity.

I'M KEEP TELLING HER REVENGE IS NOT THE WAY!
Post automatically merged:

What? you mean random generate outcome? So this is not RPG but RNG?

the game choices don't seem to make sense at the time to and conversation with major NPCs seems short lived and winds up reating

tbh. I told Claire multiple times that revenge is not the option and when I pulled off the highway, she still killed him. So I think it's up to you to just keep racing and don't let her do what she wants.

With Frank, I told him that Abernathy probably didn't even know that I was a factor and he still tried to kill me. Instead of just shooting him I used the baton (this deals non lethal damage and didn't kill him). However, this lead to the quest being bugged. I then couldn't talk to Johnny even tho the marker said he was right behind me in a doorway. It would not spawn in Johnny no matter what I did. After almost a week with no sign of the quest fixing itself, I just went back to where I knocked down Frank and picked him up. Johnny then started to talk to me on the other side of the ally (not where the marker said he was going to be.) So be careful if you spare Frank. It might bug this quest, idk if I stumbled on the solution to this bug but for right now it fixed a week long quest that I've been putting off.

Top Bottom