This game is probably the pinnacle of achievement in game design. It's such a shame management destroyed it.

+
chippin in
I Don’t Wanna Hear It
happy together
dream on
beat on the brat
second conflict

all side quests.
on top of an open world.
on top of a main quest.
on top of extra, shorter side quests.
on top of cyberpsychos.
To be fair... counting all these together offer about as much gameplay as the main quest did in the Witcher 3.

Would be cool to have gang specific classes where we can swear loyalty to one or become honorary members. Gang wars and our roles in them definitely needs to be a feature in this game.

Gangs could've been the guilds of this game. Same for corp. Same for police. You're basically doing polices work and don't even get anything cool out of it, just money. Or maybe you do. I kinda stopped caring. Maybe you get a police tank if you complete them all, but knowing how disappointing this game is, it's probably just an achievement and nothing else.

People are so angry that they don't want to see anything else.

This game has the most detailed open world every released in a fps or otherwise - who cares bad launch.

Indepth story that rewards you in the main quest for doing as much side activities as you can stomach - who cares bad launch

Skill tree so detailed that you want to play over and over again to try different builds - who cares, bad launch.

For those who can and are willing, cyberpunk is one of the best, potentially the new Skyrim in terms of replay ability.

Avengers was a much worse product at launch and right now, nobody is demanding an apology from square enix.

Anthem was a fucking travesty, and people are still foaming st the mouth at Thier new mass effect and dragon age announcement.

All the bitter people hanging around the forums now will fad away as cdpr patches the game, the rest will be back when the announce multiplayer.

This multi-layered three-dimensional world is amazing, but it lacks content. CDPR says they have vertical exploration, the modeling is there, but what about the content?

This game has the most detailed open world every released in a fps or otherwise - who cares bad launch.

Indepth story that rewards you in the main quest for doing as much side activities as you can stomach - who cares bad launch

Skill tree so detailed that you want to play over and over again to try different builds - who cares, bad launch.

For those who can and are willing, cyberpunk is one of the best, potentially the new Skyrim in terms of replay ability.

Avengers was a much worse product at launch and right now, nobody is demanding an apology from square enix.

Anthem was a fucking travesty, and people are still foaming st the mouth at Thier new mass effect and dragon age announcement.

All the bitter people hanging around the forums now will fad away as cdpr patches the game, the rest will be back when the announce multiplayer.
I wish I could agree with you, but in reality I couldn't agree any less lol

Also Avengers is already a dead game.

Yes , so detailed that you have 0 things to do after you finish quests....

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    749.3 KB · Views: 64
I wish I could agree with you, but in reality I couldn't agree any less lol

Also Avengers is already a dead game.
I don't spend my time browsing the forums of games I hate, I imagine most people don't

If you didn't want to eventually enjoy the game you wouldn't spend any energy participating in the community. You'd just refund and leave.

There is not a single game dev that has been abandoned after one bad launch. And every game studio has had a bad launch, this bit of dramatic behavior from the community will pass.

<snip>

LMAO.. STFU..
You been there with the management? They rented in other studios.. I bet they never worked properly like these guys do.
Management had to SAVE the game, hence why they were demanding overtime from the punks called 'art creators' and it worked. They both did a great job in the end, now management is doing exactly what they should: offering refunds on th consoles when they realise they didn't deliver what they claimed . It just couldn't be optimised enough on some of them and now people can get their money back.

So fo with your greed sh*t and either leave the internet or enjoy the ride.

Nobody expected a game tied to an overrated movie to be good.

See, I wanted it to be that, but I am 30 hours in and I've uninstalled it. I don't think I'll ever play it again; And I don't think you will either in 2 weeks.

all side quests.
on top of an open world.
on top of a main quest.
on top of extra, shorter side quests.
on top of cyberpsychos.

I'm not gonna argue on an individual quest level. We definitely won't see eye to eye on that. Not to mention it's a drop in a bucket of water. Yet, even a quest like Big in Japan (I'm picking this one because I admitted I enjoyed it) boils down to "Go to X and bring Y to Z" there is absolutely no depth to it.

I'll address the second half though.

On top of an open world? On top of a main quest? On top of extra shorter side quests?

You're saying that as if that's something that's never been done before. You don't have to look far back either. Skyrim had a ton of side quests on top of it's open world and main quests and bunch of extra short side quests here and there. On top of "find all X" quests that would make you adventure across the world. On top of factions. And so on.

And, please, on top of cyberpsychos? A bunch of minibosses that boil down to "find how to bring down this one" and can usually be done easily by just shooting it because the AI is so broken.

The point being, CP2077 is, as it stands, nothing impressive. Is it a bad game? No, it's not.

It's also not the pinnacle of design you claim it is.

Really? Most of the skill tree is +X%.. It's nothing to write home about. It's your run of the mill RPG skill tree.

No it's not. At least, not in it's current form. Not even close. The game has little to no longevity as it stands. Even once every quest and side quests has been done in Skyrim there is still a huge world with hidden caves and beautiful environment to explore. CP has Rusty building 564.

Now, on that, you aren't wrong.

As always, art is destroyed by greed. This game's design, while not flawless, has such a depth that you won't even realize all the design elements that are happening in front of your eyes. The main innovation of Cyberpunk can be summarized as "designing an actual city within a game".

Night City itself is the actual design achievement, in terms of :
  • City Design: The city actually looks like a city. In every aspect (aesthetic, architectural, scale-wise), at every level of detail. It's not a gaming abstraction of "here's a central citadal and like five streets radiating out": It's bigger than any city that's been portrayed in detail in any game, ever, and it has the complexity of a modern metropolis that has been extrapolated in a fascinating way into a cyberpunk future. If you don't think so, you just don't understand the city yet. Go around the city, spend more time in it. Do some of the side quests and really look at it in detail.
  • Making use of all that space: The way the game makes use of the detailed nooks and crannies and makes use of the overall space of Night City is beyond anything ever seen in a game. From corporate headquarters, residential megabuildings and high-rises, to abandoned malls, back alleyways and remote badlands farms, every location is dripping with detail and hides deeper secrets under the surface.
  • Interweaving stories into the world: The game does itself a disservice by not screaming at the player to do EVERY SINGLE SIDE QUEST. Every one of the side quests are multi-part long affairs that actually guide you in exploring the city itself. They add an incredible amount of richness to the world itself, and as a sum, makes Night City feel utterly alive.
In essence, the RPG/story portion of the game is actually the city itself and the stories that play out within. On top of that, you also have the fact that this city is actually a seamless open world. It's an enormous achievement to pack all of this into a single game. Sure the open world aspects are not flawless yet, but if you're telling me that this is somehow not an RPG or that the game is a failure "because it doesn't have good police AI", I'm sorry, you're just missing the point.

Please, whatever you do, please stop criticizing the devs. The game is nothing short of a breakthrough in game design. Channel your anger towards the management who thought they could get away with sullying art for a little more money.
Agreed! I am very happy and regardless of the hiccups it’s unlike anything I’ve experienced in a game. Sidenote the gamers were pretty harsh about delays... I mean no one was happy but I accepted it cause that’s life and these people have their own life to live. Thank you everyone at CD Projekt RED, I’ll be applying soon 😂

Right I feel sleepy so let me pick this apart before I head to bed.

It has a detailed map yes. It even has detailed story quest and the side quests are detailed that somewhat matters for the main story. Outside that, most quests are pretty much just following a template.

I'm afraid the only few quests that really matter for the ending are Panam's, Judy's and Jhonny's. Everything else is decided after you step into the elevator.

The combat is fun yes, but the later game skill perks are OP and inbalanced. Also many actually not working properly atm.

I agree, for people who are willing to to look pass the obvious flaws and convince themselves everything is awesome, it could be groundbreaking.

As I said,noone talks about Avengers because that game was dead on arrival, I personally don't even know how anthem looks cause i never looked upon that game, so can't comment.

I am hanging around because I love the game. I love the characters and the story minus the ending. I am hanging around because I want the game to become the game that you are imagining through those pink tinted glasses.

The forum is full of constructive and productive suggestions and posts. Noone is hating on the dev team. The complaints are not a proof on people hating on the game, it's a proof of people caring for it.

Ofc ignoring the occasional immature trolls.

But again, as said in many other threads to many other people, please by all means enjoy the game! I am really happy for you! truly! But don't tell us to stop asking for what we were promised or what it could have been.

it’s unlike anything I’ve experienced in a game.

I am genuinely curious, how many other open world games did you play? Did you play assassins creed, far cry, yakuza, skyrim, saints row or the latter GTA titles? I think as a 'babby's first open world game' it really is impressive, but once you remember open worlds go back to mid 2000s, with even many of those mid 2000s games doing things better than cyberpunk (aside graphics), it really becomes a bit sad.

I don't spend my time browsing the forums of games I hate, I imagine most people don't

If you didn't want to eventually enjoy the game you wouldn't spend any energy participating in the community. You'd just refund and leave.

There is not a single game dev that has been abandoned after one bad launch. And every game studio has had a bad launch, this bit of dramatic behavior from the community will pass.
I love the game, that is why I can't stop browsing the forums since last saturday.
I can love the game ans still see all it's flaws and ask for it to be improved.

And I hope that the "dramatic behavior" will only pass once the things that have been promised are put into the game.

So far, aside from a few trolls here and there, that's the general tone of everyone complaining.

There is so much potential in this game and the world CDPR built. The foundation is extremely strong. They have to build on it though, otherwise it's all wasted potential.

Yes , so detailed that you have 0 things to do after you finish quests....

To complete whole story, all side quests and all quick jobs it take AT LEAST 40+ hours for people which rushing it, if is it no enough for 60$ game, I don't know what you want... I'm not saying its content rich game, but this have to be joke. Almost every game we ever had you can complete to 100% and then you have nothing to do. Witcher with activities was worse in my opinion and everyone praising that game.

So far, aside from a few trolls here and there, that's the general tone of everyone complaining.

There is so much potential in this game and the world CDPR built. The foundation is extremely strong. They have to build on it though, otherwise it's all wasted potential.

They will, I doubt we will see Witcher game again from them. This is going to be their main game and focus. And I'm happy, I enjoyed the game. Foundation is very strong, unfortunately only foundation, they have some home work to do, to make this game masterpiece.

Yes, this. If they leave the game as it is it would be such a waste, I mean, I do hope they make modding easier too. Because what really shines in Skyrim or Oblivion to me are the mods.

Obs.: doing reCaptcha in this forum is harder than breaching in CP2077.

To complete whole story, all side quests and all quick jobs it take AT LEAST 40+ hours for people which rushing it, if is it no enough for 60$ game, I don't know what you want...

I want a fun game with replayability that lets me experience more of the world than just the story.

I also want a game where you can point at things and say: "I played 200 hours of minecraft because I wanted to complete this replica of notre dame, go me!", not "I played 40 hours of cp77 to remove all blips from the map and all I got is this procedurally generated gun thats exactly the same as any other procedurally generated gun".

There's no sense of accomplishment in removing blips from the map. If you want to stretch you can say any game will take 100 of hours to complete. "Have you gotten 10 line blocks in a row in tetris? No? Then you've not beaten tetris!".

Top Bottom