This game is well optimized for us 1080 users!

+
My system:
AMD R9 3900X
SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD
64GB DDR4 GSKILL Fortis 2400
My trusty, dusty 4-yr-old GTX 1080
LG 27GN850 1440p 144hz @ 1080p
Settings pt 1
Settings pt 2

With only the fog and screen space reflections disabled I'm pretty much on ultra @ 1080p with my performance dipping in the lower 50's while my highs are in the low 70's; although running at 1440p tanks my frames considerably, I'd say that my experience is quite great all things considered; now hopefully that will change once I'm able to get a 3090 in Q1 2021 if the upcoming stock remains stable!

However, I'm not sure how well the frames will hold up with a 1070 or the useless 1660 <= I say useless, as NVidia cheaped out its customers with a paltry 6Gb VRAM, I blame/ridicule NVidia, and not the folks who were duped into buying those cards during the 20 series era!

Ive got the Raedon RX 5600 XT. Its also a 6b card so im hoping it will run okay. I for one arent trying by any means to get the perfect crystal clear picture from this game or get top fps's. I know everyone will struggle at one point or another until they optimize it some more down the road. I just want the game to be stable. From some of the streams ive watched already, many of them were not or could not run in ultra. Many were running in high setting and the game was beautiful with acceptable fps.

Out of five streamers that i watch on a regular basis....only one of them crashed. It crashed the whole stream as well but he wasnt sure if the game was the culprit or not. He continued on for about the next hour with no issues.

After a single night of watching the game from different perspectives, it seems there are adjustments that need to be made. I expected that and not a bit surprised of the minor hiccups people are experiencing. Ill be taking another day or so of watching streams and see how folks installs are settling in.

Yeah, you can very well run this game on low/medium and it will still look great, though if you have a crappy GTX 1660 you may have to...

NOTE: I hold my contempt for NVidia, for developing the GTX 1660, and not for the people who were duped into buying that pos card as the GTX 1660 is as useful as a pair of fake boobs on a zombie!

I went from a 980 ti to a 3080 and it's a HUGE performance difference. Glad the 1080's can still run it.

It even runs quite well on my good old RX 470. Of course not with all the eye candy, but honestly I expected a worse performance.(and the CPU is a six-year-old i7 4770k)

ryzen 5 1600x+gtx 1080 I play on 1440p with around 120 fps on high/ultra setting :)

Intel i5 8600K (overclocked) + ASUS GTX ROG 1070 OC 8G. Playing on 1080p with 40-60 FPS on low settings.
I dont undestand this. Is there a huge difference between 1070 and 1080? I should play on high settings, but I cant. Dunno why. It makes me angry and sad...

Agreed!

My 1080 is running this much better than I expected. Rarely dipping below 50 with almost everything maxed out. Pretty impressive optimization there.

When I look on my performace, my CPu runs at 70%, GPU on 10%. Why? Is something wrong set up somewhere? Can somebody help me?

1607615047481.png

My system:
AMD R9 3900X
SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD
64GB DDR4 GSKILL Fortis 2400
My trusty, dusty 4-yr-old GTX 1080
LG 27GN850 1440p 144hz @ 1080p
Settings pt 1
Settings pt 2

With only the fog and screen space reflections disabled I'm pretty much on ultra @ 1080p with my performance dipping in the lower 50's while my highs are in the low 70's; although running at 1440p tanks my frames considerably, I'd say that my experience is quite great all things considered; now hopefully that will change once I'm able to get a 3090 in Q1 2021 if the upcoming stock remains stable!

However, I'm not sure how well the frames will hold up with a 1070 or the useless 1660 <= I say useless, as NVidia cheaped out its customers with a paltry 6Gb VRAM, I blame/ridicule NVidia, and not the folks who were duped into buying those cards during the 20 series era!
I have a very similar setup as you, except I have a 1660 super, and 32 GB DDR 4 and have no issues at all, running ultra as well. So performance wise, I have to say that at least for me CP is a 10/10 :D

Intel i5 8600K (overclocked) + ASUS GTX ROG 1070 OC 8G. Playing on 1080p with 40-60 FPS on low settings.
I dont undestand this. Is there a huge difference between 1070 and 1080? I should play on high settings, but I cant. Dunno why. It makes me angry and sad...
l have a similar setup with similar results. Everything on low. I expected to at least get a steady 60FPS with everything on low.

One point of advise though: Windows won't show you the GPU utlization properly. Install MSI Afterburner overlay and you will see. Windows shows me the same low GPU usage, but Afterburner shows it running on 99%.

l have a similar setup with similar results. Everything on low. I expected to at least get a steady 60FPS with everything on low.

One point of advise though: Windows won't show you the GPU utlization properly. Install MSI Afterburner overlay and you will see. Windows shows me the same low GPU usage, but Afterburner shows it running on 99%.

Ok, I try that and I will let u know. I hope, that we will be able to play on stable 60 FPS on medium/high setting one day.
Post automatically merged:

So, I installed MSI Afterburner. Can u pls tell me, where can I find on how many % my GPU runs? Thx

EDIT: I found it. 97%

Last edited:
@OP

Unless you are trolling, please speak only for yourself! You do not have any right to speak for ALL 1080GTX users.

To back-up my saying just check Steam and see how 'good' the game runs for users that have 1xxx series from nVidia.

I personally have often abysmal performance with a 1070Ti & 6700k:

• even on LOW there are drops below 40 FPS
• even when looking at a wall the GPU works intensely @ 90% struggling to render the scene
• on 2560x1080p

I play on my gtx 1080 around 30 - 35 fps nomatter how low i put the graphics options!
very poor optimization !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• mysys.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 802
I'm getting pretty good performance with 1070 and an 8700k at 1440p. (GOG version) For performance it runs at around 40 - 50 fps at medium settings but for quality I can play at a steady 30 fps with settings on high. I finally decided to just lock it in at 30fps. I also turned auto resolution scaling on in case it dips.. set that at 80 (which in other games that actually tell you what resolution 80 would be is usually around 1080p so I'm assuming it's the same here.) I haven't noticed any resolution dips if it is dipping. My GPU is running at a fairly steady 81c on high, on medium settings it runs at around 76c.

I play on my gtx 1080 around 30 - 35 fps nomatter how low i put the graphics options!
very poor optimization !!!!!!!!
I have no idea why your performance is tanking, but my only guess is that you only have 16 Gb RAM (I have 64, but 32 would do well here) and you might not be using an SSD, but if you are, then I still have no idea why your performance is tanking as mine runs quite fine!

@OP

Unless you are trolling, please speak only for yourself! You do not have any right to speak for ALL 1080GTX users.

To back-up my saying just check Steam and see how 'good' the game runs for users that have 1xxx series from nVidia.

I personally have often abysmal performance with a 1070Ti & 6700k:

• even on LOW there are drops below 40 FPS
• even when looking at a wall the GPU works intensely @ 90% struggling to render the scene
• on 2560x1080p
Well, I have no idea what to tell you, I and other GTX 1080 users are getting excellent performance regardless if you think I may be trolling or not; besides, you're using a GTX 1070 ti and not a GTX 1080 so my point of comparison still stands...

Do you have this installed on an HDD instead of an SSD? The reason why they say that you need it is the fact that both meshes and texture are streaming from the SSD which is why it is needed!

Last edited:
Usually run all applications @1440p but have to scale down to 1080p here for 60fps in the streets or other open, busy areas. In some in-door locations it can spike to around 70fps. I have mostly medium with a few highs & off settings here and there. I can see the grain due to the lower resolution, but frames > res. The CPU is a Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 4.0 GHz

It's clearly not anyone's hardware capabilities. The next few patches will bring better optimisation for sure.

Usually run all applications @1440p but have to scale down to 1080p here for 60fps in the streets or other open, busy areas. In some in-door locations it can spike to around 70fps. I have mostly medium with a few highs & off settings here and there. I can see the grain due to the lower resolution, but frames > res. The CPU is a Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 4.0 GHz

It's clearly not anyone's hardware capabilities. The next few patches will bring better optimisation for sure.
Yeah, I'm unable to play with my current settings @ 1440p as that tanks my frames to 30-40, I too will await further patches as the witcher 3 had severe stuttering issues upon launch, that is until they patched the issue out; I would hope they will do the same for this game!

Hell yeah. 3700x/1080 is champing through the game on most everything ultra at 1080p. Beast of a card then and a beast of a card now

Top Bottom