"This game may not be released yet."

+
Hi,

When I try to run TW2 on my xb1x, I get a message saying, "This game may not be available yet." Followed by a suggestion to restart my box. To be clear, this is the digital version of the game. Also, you can no longer search for TW2 on the xbox store, I had to buy a copy on a MS's browser store.

I have scoured the MS support forums for solutions, I have contacted MS and we went through all their troubleshooting until they gave up and said to bother CDPR with the problem.

So far I have tried:
-Factory reset my console (keeping games)
-Redownloaded the game numerous times.
-Hard reset the console.
-Redownloaded my profile.
-Stored the game on both an external ssd and the internal hdd.
-Restarted the console.
-Confirmed that my purchase was completed.

Known solution that hasn't worked for me:
-Some people have seen two versions of the game installed on their box, a 7.7 gb and a 7.8 gb. The 7.7 gb typically works. I only have one version, the 7.8 gb version. So this solution is out.

[...]

Edited. -Drac]

Last edited:
I don‘t have much experience with the xbox, so I can‘t test it. But you could ask cdpr support:

I have the same issue, I posted about it on the Xbox support forums with no avail. It seems many people are affected by this with me included, I had owned the game digitally for 2 years and it also worked beautifully on my Xbox one x until recently when I uninstalled it and had to make room for another game. I tried to reinstall it and I had two options pop up in my ready to install games and there was a 7.7 gb Witcher 2 which had a slightly different logo from the other 7.8 gb version which is weird. So there is some weird issue with the game being backwards compatible maybe I don't know. The game always comes up with the error code saying that it is not released yet please restart the console or reinstall the game, the game error code is (0x87e10007) please help us Xbox one gamers out with this, thank you all!

Last edited:
Im having the same exact issue verbatum. Exactly how its happening to you guys. I hope this gets resolved, im stoked to play this on the X. And i hope we get a fix whenever possible.

This is what my problem is as well. Bought it digital, have an xbox one x, says i need to restart, or game is not released yet. Checking the Xbox store i can't seem to even find the game listed. I got it on sale but still a bummer. I wanted to play through 2 before starting 3 again.

As mentioned before, if you want to reach out to CDPR support, please use this form:

Top Bottom