This game sure has the highest highs to the lowest lows

+
I find myself going back and forth from being bored with the game, annoyed with the dynamics of the game, annoyed with losing too many games and due to stuff like RNG. I basically get negative feelings about it and don't feel like playing at all. Then there are the highest highs. Today I was one win away from rank 2 and I got to that point something like 4 times and would then lose just due to the circumstances. It gets tiring trying to get something and watching it be pulled away over and over. But then I was one game away and got matched up against Woodland spirit. I really like to beat boring point spam woodland so it was an epic feeling crushing that opponent to hit rank 2. That made me feel very positive about Gwent.

Do all of you similarly have huge swings in feelings about this game?

I find myself going back and forth from being bored with the game, annoyed with the dynamics of the game, annoyed with losing too many games and due to stuff like RNG. I basically get negative feelings about it and don't feel like playing at all. Then there are the highest highs. Today I was one win away from rank 2 and I got to that point something like 4 times and would then lose just due to the circumstances. It gets tiring trying to get something and watching it be pulled away over and over. But then I was one game away and got matched up against Woodland spirit. I really like to beat boring point spam woodland so it was an epic feeling crushing that opponent to hit rank 2. That made me feel very positive about Gwent.

Do all of you similarly have huge swings in feelings about this game?

Definitely hit lows, but not finding the highs as high as they used to be? There's perhaps too much of a feeling of 'grinding', as opposed to genuinely looking forward to another matchup. There's also an issue where too many matchups feel very scripted, creativity is lacking. However, credit to CDPR where it's due - the Seasonal modes are at least injecting variety.

If they ever change arena to reward daily rewards and make it more expensive to make up for that, the game would be an all-time high for me cause I would not need to deal with constructed unless I want to rank up. Playing the game right now feels more like a chore and it gets harder and harder to play it every day. But that's just for the few of us that really do enjoy arena.

If they ever change arena to reward daily rewards and make it more expensive to make up for that, the game would be an all-time high for me cause I would not need to deal with constructed unless I want to rank up. Playing the game right now feels more like a chore and it gets harder and harder to play it every day. But that's just for the few of us that really do enjoy arena.

Constructed has its issues but I can't stand arena at all. May as well just flip a coin to see who wins.

Constructed has its issues but I can't stand arena at all. May as well just flip a coin to see who wins.
Kind of true, but still it is quite fun to me. Especially when you manage to get 6 wins with just 4 gold cards in deck, feels like an epic achievement :D

Top Bottom