This game was actually underhyped....

+
This game was actually underhyped....

This is actually a rare time where the games trailers dont do the game justice.

Normally we are like OMG trailer looks so good but then get disappointed by the game.

But as my friends and I were chatting, we realized how underhyped we actually were. We were actually unaware of what an incredible game this was really gonna be...

Every quest is actually interesting and worth doing. And the main story quest is just done so well. No Fucks were given, we got child eating witches, public executions and beheadings for days. It surprised me how this game doesn't shy away from the uncomfortable and it makes the game so much more interesting. I was laughing my head off when Geralt beheads a soldier in the White Orchard Inn and then genuinely confused when peasants run screaming lol.

The best thing about this game for me is how beautiful everything looks, it looks GOOD. The sunset shafts piercing through the leaves while I dissect my final drowner makes everything feel cinematic. How do you portray that during advertisements or trailers?

I'm sure many of us have bitched to our friends how some armor makes Geralt looks pregnant. And also how sure we are Geralt has a tailor for some of his other armor. but it's all made for great water cooler conversation. I think this is a game you talk to your friends about just to share how cool what you just did was.Btw we made a pact that our second playthough will be with the Short Haircut with Muttonchops so we look like a Lesbian Rapist and try make it through the game with a straight face.

Anyways this is a great game to craft individual experiences, which alot of other games dont allow. We can bitch about glitches and bugs and what can be better but that is all Nitpicks that actually doesn't tarnish the experience as a whole.

Anyways just overall great game. Benchmark for all future RPGs

They did really raise the bar when it comes to main/sidequests, atmosphere, npc's, environment design... and amazing visuals, voice acting and music don't hurt this game either. Even combat turned out lot better than I expected.
Buuuut...and there has to be a but...I really am surprised how some of the most basic things were not handled on the same level...targetting characters for interaction, collision controls, control scheme and UI (inventory and alchemy), diving, crime system, combat experience... could all use a lot of improvement.
Honestly, I would gladly pay for a DLC that improves any of these things...I really hope developers are paying attention to any constructive criticism here.

The reception for Witcher 2 was like this, unfortunately when Witcher 2 I desperately wanted to play it so bad but I couldn't afford a PC that could actually run it. When I went back to play it however I enjoyed myself and the graphics stood the test of time, it was truly a beautiful game I believe a lot of people are in that area as well, they cannot afford a good gaming PC to play Witcher as it should truly be experienced so therefore they get a 2nd rate experience.

I imagine coming back to this game in a few years time and the graphics are still going to blow me away.

Lol the goofy tunic armor in the game is quite historical realistic even most of the sword in the game except for witcher school armor and the goofy horn helmet in skellige. I understand that some armor in the game is part of the lore that's why skellige have horn helmet and etc

The guy or gal created those armor deserved a praise, doing some research putting those armor and sword in the game.

Top Bottom