This is a barebones RPG. Someone had to say it.

+
99% chance they won't. It's possible to fix bugs, but add gameplay mechanincs...? It's still doable, but at this point you will use that money for your next title. They'll be like "who cares" in a month or two and leave the game as it is.

It's not impossible. Base Witcher 3 had maybe 3 hard "boss" encounters but the DLCs there added much better interesting enemies.

99% chance they won't. It's possible to fix bugs, but add gameplay mechanincs...? It's still doable, but at this point you will use that money for your next title. They'll be like "who cares" in a month or two and leave the game as it is.

Well if they do they can be damn well sure I aint buying any of their games until at least a year after release. Pretty simple. The only reason Ive been buying shortly after release until now is cause reviews were good in general and because I was satisfied until now (even with TW3s somewhat buggy launch). And the only reason I didn't refund this game is that the story is pretty solid and I like the characters, so generally I have gotten some enjoyment out of it.

Would I have bought it for 60 bucks had I known it? Nah, probably would have waited till it was 50 or 40 on sale.

Completely Agree with OP.

My first final straw was the vignette effect, drives me insane!

My second final straw, was the constant glitching and bugs, of a alpha build game, a bloody kickstarter game! Star citizen's vapourware stutter simulator!!

My final, final straw was exploring, if you go out of your leveled zone, attacks on npc's dont do any damage, thats some real basic backward nonsense rpg copout. I thought ok, i'll drop down the difficulty to normal, maybe they will scale the enemy damage, nope, maybe they are a new type of enemy npc... doubtful, they just human npc..

update: My final, final, final straw: The Police (non) AI, spawning in walls (im fairly certain thats happened to me too.

Assassins creed 10, RDR2, GTA is vastly better rpg then Cyberpunked. HOW TF IS THAT! Rockstar & other dev teams, must be laughing at CD Project Red, Hell even ELON FKING MUSK MUST BE SAD, HE WANTED TO PLAY THE GAME! Heck even Bioware & Blizzard must be laughing and thats a low blow. oh and BTW ive noticed Cyberpunk took a leftist turn late in the game development too, maybe thats the root cause of the woes, were CD project Red mandated to subvert there own game?

If I came back to this game in 1-2 months could they re-design it? Nope, does CD Project Red know they let out a turd? Yup. Is it all PR disaster management at this point? Yes. What percentage of those 6 million sales are unhappy with their purchase? My guess is many who have played any previous RPG, some are still guessing maybe its in the late content.

We were sold a lie, but I think its because of the whole 2020 subversion.

OH I'll add a nice line, the game has 2 niche's 1 ~ray tracing~ and 2 ~facial expressions~ heck even the hands are nicely meshed.

Prove me wrong CD Project Red, the body of evidence is on you!

Last edited:
This game really is making strides over the net.

Can't say I entirely agree with this pick, but it is kinda funny. :D

1607989502239.png

Can any of you boys help me? Sorry if I sound like an idiot in this post but I'm kinda new to RPGs so don't rip on me too hard. :sneaky: Anyway, is there a faster way to get around the map? Even in a car it still takes me like twenty minutes to get to a mission thats like kinda far away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🥰:giggle:

Last edited:
Is there any plan to add in any of these features? Really not the game I thought I was buying for $65 with no refund. Talk about fueling the depression.

Is there any plan to add in any of these features? Really not the game I thought I was buying for $65 with no refund. Talk about fueling the depression.

You dont get a refund? Unless you played 10 hours or so they should be pretty lenient with refunds rn.
If it doesnt work at all just tell them your game crashes, they should refund it.

HEH,PEOPLE EVEN DONT KNOW WHY RPGS ARE RPGS LUL.THATS WHY THEY CRY
dont know what thats even supposed to mean...
Who said that? Enjoy the game and be sure to watch for DL's and addons! Good night.
Pretty much a vast amount of this forum and the official reddit all agree. dont act like youre in the overwhelming majority and we are being tough critics.

I totally agree with OP.

What is not understable is how the lead devs are not aware of this? They have the duty and the honor of being in charge of such a project, and it's as if they woke up in the morning complaining about the position they have. Instead of using their creativity every single day on these 7/8 years of development, to improve every aspect of the game. I don't get it.

I totally agree with OP.

What is not understable is how the lead devs are not aware of this? They have the duty and the honor of being in charge of such a project, and it's as if they woke up in the morning complaining about the position they have. Instead of using their creativity every single day on these 7/8 years of development, to improve every aspect of the game. I don't get it.

Oh they were aware so much aware that in twitter changed the labeling in "Action adventure story" while who was in the forum were asking and get told "Is an RPG first and foremost."

I totally agree with OP.

apparently there was a lot of stopping and restarting and just general poor management and indecisiveness.
Oh they were aware so much aware that in twitter changed the labeling in "Action adventure story" while who was in the forum were asking and get told "Is an RPG first and foremost."
A lot of picked up on this and didnt want tothink anything of it but now its really turned out to be true.

As far as I know, there is only 1 mission in the game's story where choices and consequences play a big role. And that's The Pickup where V buys a spider bot.
In all the other story missions, the developers barely even try to create the illusion of choice: most of the dialogue contains only one answer choice and could easily have been replaced by cutscenes.

Now let's compare this to The Witcher 3, which has twice as long storyline. Almost every story quest has choices and consequences. Meeting the Baron's men and dialogue with them leads to different ways to meet the Baron himself. Next you go to The Pellar and can solve the conflict by peace or battle, next you meet Botchling and your decision leads to two different story quests.

I really don't understand why CD Projekt Red cut almost all the choices and consequences from the Cyberpunk 2077 storyline.

Top Bottom