This is a barebones RPG. Someone had to say it.

+
No man's sky is born on a procedural system. CP77 is born on strict scripted mechanics and it's handcrafted to a point it's almost , IMO (thanks mods :D ) untouchable. Maybe we'll see some added stuff, but in all honestly, most things people , me included, are asking for, are way out of their chances to make it happen. They basically have to go back to the drawing board.
No Mans SKy ah man that was so boring literally a million planets with nowt to do

Guest 4406876

No Mans SKy ah man that was so boring literally a million planets with nowt to do
Like starbound, but some people might like that kind of gameplay. My observaton was made considering the genre and how well it recovered for said genre. I don't give opinions, I do evaluations. (I don't like those kind of games, but that doesn't means some of them are well done and actually good genre wise, thing that CP77 is not)

If you told me this game was based off of a table top RPG I would never believe you. Think that's as succinctly as I could put it.

The damn JAVA phone game does a better job of translating the mechanics of the table top to a game format.

All of them are usually described as "action role-playing game" in various media. Devs might have a different definition of RPG from yours, so it doesn't make them liars on this basis alone. Doesn't mean they didn't over-promise, but it's not really the question of "RPG or not RPG".

Yes they normally are. But I can tell you almost every other piece of advertisement or interview about Cyberpunk 2077 mentioned at least one time that "it's first and foremost an RPG". Until they changed their tune right before release that is and started calling it an action adventure.

Funnily enough a glassdoors review from 2018 hit the bullseye in regards to the RPG aspects.
1608302994807.png

Funnily enough a glassdoors review from 2018 hit the bullseye in regards to the RPG aspects.

Wow, uhm. that is telling, if its not fake.
Surprised no one picked that one up actually.
I mean I know the story about the bad reviews of ex-employees was in the news, but the parts that I heard were just about the general pay and crunch culture. This is an early warning sign if I ever saw one. How nobody attributed this to Cyberpunk and ran the story, that is good luck for CDPR, cause if this came to light earlier people might have been more sceptical about the game.

the parts that I heard were just about the general pay and crunch culture
Lotta mention of mediocre management staff to if you go through the reviews.

Which well... remember ME: Andromeda? Anthem? Turned out the way they did due to management staff. You can have the best team in the world but poor management staff breaks everything eventually. Employees complained about W3 work conditions, and CP2077 work conditions. This seems to be the one thing CDPR just casually blows away as if its a non issue. Which makes it difficult to actually see them fix the core issue of their studio.

They'll fix the game, sure. But this? I doubt it but I hope I'm wrong.

Guest 4406876

I can't say I don't agree 200% because this is exactly what I felt when opening the game and finishing it 2 times and spending more than 100 hours on it. This perfectly illustrates my feelings as a gamer , and bugs aside that I have to say I encountered not many during my experience. Gltiches 3/4 times, bugs...like game breaking bugs?..I honestly don't think I did, and they killed it for me (on PC). But of course I don't consider mediocrity a bug. This game might be a best seller, it's just not for me at all, and advertising did a bad job in telling me what I was gonna buy.
Post automatically merged:

Feels like a Ubisoft game to me.
No ubisoft games are actually better for me, well not all of them. And I don't like ubisoft at all, nor their games.

Guest 4406876

I wish I would have known about this sooner. Completely lost the plot man. I'm genuinely saddened. They had the chance to make something truly unique and they completely squandered it chasing the almighty dollar.
They most likely thought that an accessible, standardized game was better selling than a PC game with depth, since it has to come out on different platforms and they needed that money to make it happen It seems. This is the only explanation I can give myself to my complete and absolute disappontment . We'll see how the mass will judge the game once they can actually play it as a whole also on those consoles with issues.
We won't see any better game, gameplay wise ,or with more depth unless the overall target of videogames will require it.
You gotta sell in the end, and there's no way around it.

Oh btw you also have to be capable to release it in a decent amount of time, unless you have to answer to no one money-wise.

Sadly i think it is quite obvious what the problem with this game is. Basically the same story like with Anthem.

Huge ambitions and a skilled team to eventually even pull it off, but really bad leadership and management.
I think it is safe to assume that they wasted years creating and scrapping features and mechanics. At no point did they have a clear vision what this game was supposed to look like, play like or feel like.

And i actually doubt that they have a clear vision right now, they have a patchwork version and are forced to roll with it from now on.

Are we allowed to love it guys? I play games all year round and absolutely love it. Maybe it's just you who doesn't get it or you have unrealistic expectations.

I see people compare to Witcher 3, RD2, and GTAs.
What I want to remind people is that these are all sequels. If you want to compare we should compare to RD1, etc.
This isn't a sequel of RD2 this is a new game. Sure, you'd think a new game would build off others out there, but if they started development -- like actual coding years ago, it may have been before those games came out.
If you want RD2, play RD2, if you want RD2 Cyber edition - well I don't know we don't have it. Maybe the devs didn't just want to repackage what others did (although that always happens), or they were making the game still when that stuff came out.

I'm hopeful for more. I don't want a sequel, I just want add-ons.

Sorry for sounding crass but this notion seems dumb. CDPR has made games, they have played games and most importantly they had so much of source material to fall back upon. This game died at the hands of trying to get most amount of people to buy the copies and not to make the game, they had been lying about

Top Bottom