This isn't happening, this can't be happening - patch 1.11...

+
that's the main avantage of gog for solo playing, don't event have to laucnh galaxy to run the game, just for the update
I'd happily buy the game second time on GOG, but non-cumulative patches and slow download speed stop me from doing this.

Anyway, patches do solve many problems and make the game better in general, so I don't understand people reverting back to old versions.

---------- Updated at 12:49 AM ----------

Though if CDPR is going to set this as a trend, i imagine most script modders will just b*tchslap this sh*t after 3rd or 4th time.
It happens with many other games too. But the process is quick enough with side-by-side comparison tools. Not a big deal, actually, although I'd also vote for better ways of handling mods.

The only reason it's been so noticeable with W3 is because it happened twice in quick succession, most other games pretty much stop patching their game when their mod kit comes out.

Guest 2364765

It happens with many other games too. But the process is quick enough with side-by-side comparison tools. Not a big deal, actually, although I'd also vote for better ways of handling mods.

The thing being that most games which do that, don't officially support mods...

I wish they'd went for better modularity.
It's been quite a while since modkit release and we still can't do custom classes in separate scripts properly because most of the important stuff won't work.
Since they have a neat script compiler, it wouldn't be an issue to make a system where i just point to which script i wish to hook and whether i want to add a new function or add/remove parts of existing one.

That alone would remove more than half of the mod conflicts.

I'd happily buy the game second time on GOG, but non-cumulative patches and slow download speed stop me from doing this.

Anyway, patches do solve many problems and make the game better in general, so I don't understand people reverting back to old versions.

I sort of can, as I hadn't experienced any of the big problems I'd seen others talking about prior to 1.10 being rolled out. Certainly nothing game breaking, my graphics were running smoothly and so on - the worst thing I'd encountered was the Ministry of Silly Crate Carrying Walks. I'd completed all the Witcher contracts. The only thing that really stuck out was the Statuette Quest, which really ought to fail once Triss leaves Novigrad, but it was more irritating than anything else.

On the other hand, 1.10 caused me all sorts of issues that I couldn't be sure were just down to mods, particularly as I didn't have any that should have caused my skies and buildings to have graphical hissy fits and turn into huge blocks or the Geralt-does-yogic-flying issue. I spent three days sorting it all out, including deleting and reinstalling big chunks of the game's files. Then I get a couple of good days, thankfully enough to get through Hearts of Stone, and now patch 1.11 has given me an invisible Roach. I have no horse mods installed, but Roach now flickers in and out of existence - when she comes towards me she's a horse, then floating tack, then a horse but with weird strobing effects coming off her. I've given up riding anywhere because at any speed slower than a canter, both Roach and Geralt vanish leaving just the tack floating along.

All the other horses in the game (well, the wild herds) also have lines coming off them.

Aside from containing the Hearts of Stone material, neither patch brought me any updates I'd been desperate for, so if I had been able to skip both then at this point I would have done because up until 1.10 I had a stable game I was happy playing.

1.10 caused me all sorts of issues that I couldn't be sure were just down to mods, particularly as I didn't have any that should have caused my skies and buildings to have graphical hissy fits and turn into huge blocks
and now patch 1.11 has given me an invisible Roach
Wow. Well, personally I haven't had any big problems with any of the patches. Graphics and performance were improving with each one and now the game looks amazing and runs at 60 fps on my 1080 monitor.

General problem with PC games is an infinite amount of hardware/software configurations and also tweaks and non-standard drivers some of the players are using. Games and patches are tested before they get released, so in case of texture bugs and other unusual problems which obviously couldn't pass QA department unnoticed first place to look is usually player's own system and not a patch. Sometimes it's user's fault and sometimes it's just an "unlucky" hardware/software combination. Either way users are usually on their own with such kind of problems.

Here's an example: my friend bought TW3 recently and it was freezing in main menu. Problem was solved when he removed all additional NVidia tools, leaving drivers only, and stopped all unnecessary system services. Game's running smoothly for him since then.

In going to go with wasteland ghost on this too. That sounds more like an issue on your end rather than game itself. I would try verifying your game and also check your drivers and things like that haven't seen other people with those issues posting, sounds like an isolated case to me.

In going to go with wasteland ghost on this too. That sounds more like an issue on your end rather than game itself. I would try verifying your game and also check your drivers and things like that haven't seen other people with those issues posting, sounds like an isolated case to me.

Not so isolated, actually. I haven't played the game on 1.11 yet (as I've been too busy working on the SOTR mod), but with 1.10 I suddenly had floating eyes and tack instead of Roach until she got close. I also had women in Novigrad losing half their bodies and then sending lines off into space all over my screen.

Not so isolated, actually. I haven't played the game on 1.11 yet (as I've been too busy working on the SOTR mod), but with 1.10 I suddenly had floating eyes and tack instead of Roach until she got close. I also had women in Novigrad losing half their bodies and then sending lines off into space all over my screen.

For me it was the exact opposite until patch 1.08 i had every kind of issue.
Flickering shields in ctscenens a stucking triss in doors.

On 1.10 on the other hand nearly none.
Just a few when i moved with the free flow console around and stuck into the ground afterwards, but nothing the game made on it's own really.
I had not yet updated to 1.11 because i'm afraid of nerfed HoS difficulty.

Win7/64 Bit
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 @3,40 GHz
GTX970
16 GB RAM

For me it was the exact opposite until patch 1.08 i had every kind of issue.
Flickering shields in ctscenens a stucking triss in doors.

On 1.10 on the other hand nearly none.
Just a few when i moved with the free flow console around and stuck into the ground afterwards, but nothing the game made on it's own really.
I had not yet updated to 1.11 because i'm afraid of nerfed HoS difficulty.

Win7/64 Bit
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 @3,40 GHz
GTX970
16 GB RAM

I never had any problems with witcher 3 and patches. Sure, there were some little bugs, but I could play without game-breaking bugs.

Btw. HoS bosses are nerfed only on 2 the lowest difficulties

Wow. Well, personally I haven't had any big problems with any of the patches. Graphics and performance were improving with each one and now the game looks amazing and runs at 60 fps on my 1080 monitor.

General problem with PC games is an infinite amount of hardware/software configurations and also tweaks and non-standard drivers some of the players are using. Games and patches are tested before they get released, so in case of texture bugs and other unusual problems which obviously couldn't pass QA department unnoticed first place to look is usually player's own system and not a patch. Sometimes it's user's fault and sometimes it's just an "unlucky" hardware/software combination. Either way users are usually on their own with such kind of problems.

Here's an example: my friend bought TW3 recently and it was freezing in main menu. Problem was solved when he removed all additional NVidia tools, leaving drivers only, and stopped all unnecessary system services. Game's running smoothly for him since then.

Quite possibly, although there was literally half an hour between my playing a no-issues game, breaking for lunch and coming back to find 1.11 installed and boom, graphical hour show. I did have some issues post 1.10 with building graphics, need to check what I did to fix those, but when I haven't changed anything at all on my PC's spec between fine and not fine, it become deeply irritating. I can accept mods breaking, albeit through gritted teeth, but I really shouldn't have to be deleting chunks of my game and re-verifying them after every patch.

Guest 2364765

Well, for me TW3 still tends to crash the driver.

Ever-since-may.

It's been up and down in frequency between patches and new driver releases but it never went away.
Shame that neither CDPR nor NVIDIA really do anything in order help those affected by this issue:
There's tons of people who have this issue.

Only "real" solution is to downclock your GPU till it stops occurring, sometimes fairly below even stock clocks of referential model of your card.

Dunno why but I thought it would work better on NVIDIA than on AMD (which is what I have). Anyway, found what may or may not have worked last time (deleting the /bin folder) so will see if that's improved anything.

but I really shouldn't have to be deleting chunks of my game and re-verifying them after every patch.
I guess it's GOG problem. I'm using Steam and never had problems with new patches, but I saw a lot of comments from GOG users about broken files and download problems. Hope CDPR will fix their platform one day.

Only "real" solution is to downclock your GPU till it stops occurring, sometimes fairly below even stock clocks of referential model of your card.
This might be the issue with the graphics card, to be honest. And also, overclocking is one of those problems user create for themselves, IMO. I mean, if you start poking around your hardware/software, you honestly can't blame the developer for potential problems. Not talking about you, but in general. Although, I know about just the opposite case when overclocking of GTX770 GPU solved the problem with freezing during known scene from DLC. :)

There are so many parties involved when we start talking about particular PC configuration, it's hard to find the one responsible for the problem. So I kinda understand companies that prefer working with consoles only. :)

Just what to chime, I have gog version and I've never had any issues with patch updates and reinstalling my mods. Although, I'm very thorough I make sure I verify and install mods one by one.

It's a choir though to have to do it every time.

I guess it's GOG problem. I'm using Steam and never had problems with new patches, but I saw a lot of comments from GOG users about broken files and download problems. Hope CDPR will fix their platform one day.

This might be the issue with the graphics card, to be honest. And also, overclocking is one of those problems user create for themselves, IMO. I mean, if you start poking around your hardware/software, you honestly can't blame the developer for potential problems. Not talking about you, but in general. Although, I know about just the opposite case when overclocking of GTX770 GPU solved the problem with freezing during known scene from DLC. :)

There are so many parties involved when we start talking about particular PC configuration, it's hard to find the one responsible for the problem. So I kinda understand companies that prefer working with consoles only. :)
Definitely a Galaxt problem, as I have to do verify/repair after each update to get things to work properly.

You said this happens to you everytime the game gets an update?
Not only a few times because of modding?

That's what i understood, my question is simply why?
As i said i had not a single problem that wasn't caused by mods until today with gog galaxy.

Top Bottom