This scorch/damage chaining meta prevents all creative combos.

+
My personal philosophy is that If you are running high overtime value cards that might be vulnerable to removal, pack two different kinds, preferably one that requires no setup. I have a monster deck running Arachas Behemoth, but I also packed in Archespore in the deck. If i think my opponent is running removal, the Archespore's are there as lightning rods, cards I play first to encourage my opponent to play his removal so that later I can drop the uncontested Arachas Behemoth.

Is it perfect? Not at all, but it avoids putting all eggs in one basket.

On a different note I love Dao against removal heavy decks. They wont remove it themselves, obviously, but then the gryphon that activates Deathwish comes out and suddenly they are scrambling to remove the Dao, giving me free points and wasting the removal.

Gemueseknolle;n10486332 said:
[...]
* some silver card for "magic reflection": returns the last spell casted on a unit back (for targeted units back to the original caster)
[...]
I would really love a summoning circle for specials.... even if it was limited to opponents played specials... it's a dream I have

Good removal kills card games, but Gwent is a little bit different
You need only pass the turn if your opponent overplays their hand. . . most high point combos are 3-4 cards in a row

That's a lot of time to decide to bail and leave your opponent's hand crippled during rounds 2 and 3

No more Scorch

Scorch overbalances the game.
There is no more than a bunch of decks focusing on the use of this card. They are the antithesis of the game.
You cannot see yourself playing against 3, 4 times in a match that card.
There is no creative effort, there is no use of strategy except that of damaging the opponent.
And then there really are too many people who use that deck. Evidently only interested in winning and it's an easy way…

No more Scorch, No more Scorch, No more Scorch…..

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I can't stand scorch. I can see once a match but multiple scorch forces you to play small unit net decks, anything fun and different gets burnt over and over

The entire game is designed to prevent fun combos now. After homecoming fails they will reboot the game with fixed faction decks only, for pure balance purposes.

Scorch is balanced, dont spam points if you dont like it.
​​​​​Many times i had my schiru bricked by oponents spy.

Im gonna do something awfull and pretetious. Quoting myself. Because the same thing i said in another thread applies here. Yes the nerf sabbath thread...

Thunderscape;n10965713 said:
Then people will complain about GS, or consume or reveal or something that beat their decks.
Cards need to be balanced for high elo. If a deck has a high winrate in high elo sure. Let the devs balance the game.

Stuff like this is pitifull:

"Oh no, i had 2 23 power units and a scorched burned them! A silver took 46 points its so broken, and then they use scorched again! It negated my win condition!"

"Oh no, my perfectly aligned token deck got obliterated by a bronze card "epidemic" my feelings are hurt! A bronze card!"

"Oh no, my point vomit Monster deck, couldnt beat another point vomit NG deck, and i dont want to run tech against that! Its broken!"

"Oh no, my deck with no removal but a mandrake got obliterated by a sabbath card oh noes! I dindt draw the card, so i lost, see its binary."

"On no, my specific deck X cant beat Y, the horror! Pro players can only circumvent this because they have superpowers, its not MY fault!"

tl:dr; -> Try that op card or deck, and you will see that something will beat you. Or that you really cant play that deck because its not has easy as you think it is.

"Git Gud" (I dont really like the expression, but it does have a point, with effort and training you will get better. )

For now, in current meta, before Homecoming, Scorch is fine. But if meta changes in the future (which it often will), Scorch will often be too strong (Scoia'tael, NG, etc.). Just make it doomed, and impossible to replay with cards like Yen: Enchantress. It's an investment for the future. You should make an effort and maybe align units before playing it, not being able to just spam it like you can now.

Be real, Scorch is a pretty strong card.

Pruny;n10965764 said:

This is how spies must change:

6 power, with these two abilities; 1. Adding an amount of phantom points to the opponent's score directly (let's say about 8 points), and 2. Having the same ability as old Olgierd had, but only once and resurrecting from graveyard with full (6) power next round.

Scorch and many other things won't cause problems any longer.

Something else I want to say: We're all discussing a game with flawed design/mechanics. It's better to suggest new design and mechanics than keep talking about this flawed game, which will as well change drastically with Homecoming. And for most of us, will probably not change for the better - be very honest and creative right now, you will not get another chance after Homecoming becomes a reality. We will be stuck with potentially a bad game, or an "ok" game which we still didn't want.

Last edited:
Void_Singer;n10492902 said:
I would really love a summoning circle for specials.... even if it was limited to opponents played specials... it's a dream I have

That sounds like a pretty good idea :) the closest is Yen: Enchantress, which is very different

Pruny;n10965764 said:
Scorch is balanced, dont spam points if you dont like it.

That's cause, depending what you are up against, playing a spy on Round 3 can be a pretty viable tactic. If you are Reveal and your opponent is Eithne Scorch for example.

Zactime;n10965470 said:
Scorch overbalances the game.
There is no more than a bunch of decks focusing on the use of this card. They are the antithesis of the game.
You cannot see yourself playing against 3, 4 times in a match that card.
There is no creative effort, there is no use of strategy except that of damaging the opponent.
And then there really are too many people who use that deck. Evidently only interested in winning and it's an easy way…

No more Scorch, No more Scorch, No more Scorch…..

If I've got a positive winrate against Eithne Scorch with Baseline Consume, then that really shows it can be played around. How, is up to you.

Last edited:
SoSaHer;n10965770 said:
Let`s nerf scorch, and while we are at it, let`s make all units have the same point. That will balance the game right?

That is basically what they are doing. Forcing a maximum point cap on decks.

Shadow-Stalker;n10965908 said:
That is basically what they are doing. Forcing a maximum point cap on decks.

No, they are giving cards a cost.
For instance poor infantry could be worth 2, while gigni/villen could be worth 30.

Max points per deck is 120 for instance. and you build your deck based on your resources.
I think that can work great.

There are just too many cards that do the exact same. Which allows players to just spam the same cards over and over. Like the scorch tactic.

Udalryk;n10965797 said:
Just make it doomed, and impossible to replay with cards like Yen: Enchantres

That's exactly what I mean. Greater balance.

Warning: I am not against decks that do damage. Now I'm playing with a deck Skellige based on damage. But in a deck like this are essential tempo play.

In another deck NG I have both Spotter that the Viper Witcher. 50% of games I win, lose 50%. Often do not come to hand combinations of cards right and I have to invent like trying to win the game anyway.

I see more and more often decks with Eithne that in round 3 only think to play a low card, expect that the opponent plays his card and ... Scorch, opponent's card and Scorch. and again. Isn't it boring? Like all decks that have preset mechanics. Even those based on consume.

I try to think positive and be constructive but reading all the posts of this thread I realize that many have a different view. It's like a religious war: everyone has his beliefs and not change his mind. The important thing is to respect everyone's ideas. I respect your and you respect mine. In my opinion this card requires a balancing.

Top Bottom