This was very interesting.

+
Ok so I actually jumped off the PS5 just to post this.

I was pulling out of the Afterlife parking lot, and the tyger claws that usually sit there went hostile even thought I wasn't that close, but I figured no big deal they're not a threat at my level.

Here is the interesting part. The car they were in started driving after me and the people in it started shooting. I'm putting it here in the technical section because I'm assuming it's a bug since they haven't actually added vehicle combat into the game yet. The only chases I've seen have been scripted even the NCPD ones they added all follow a script, BUT it looks like maybe to some degree the code for vehicle combat is already there and something just triggered an unfinished version of it? That or something odd I've never seen before happened, but they actually pulled away from the spot to chase me until I turned around and killed the driver then they got out of the car and kept fighting.

I believe I had the case with a rather similar event. In fact it is with "the exchanges" (two gang/corpo/guard teams with a civilian in one of the car). I shot one of the dudes, then the others jumped into their cars, reach me (I wasn't very far, but still^^) and keep shooting on me from their cars until I kill the driver.

The code allowing enemies to fight you while in their car has been there since day one.

It's how some mods achieved some level of police pursuit/vehicle combat. It can be triggered but is extremely unreliable and needs a "perfect setup" kind of situation to work. It's one of the more convincing arguments that CDPR intended for such a system to be in-game. It's really just unfinished.

Top Bottom