This Week in GWENT - 20.06.19

+

Burza got the crowns!

Burza got the crowns!
I understand, why some forum users, who are from different cultures, call Pawel Burza as "Burza". They may not be aware at all, that it is surname, or it may be custom in their cultures to call people by surname. But I really do not understand why CDPR member would call Pawel as "Burza" instead of "Pawel" or "Paul" if you would insist on "internationalization".

I am just a "curious mind", who does not understand this behaviour.

Perhaps because Pawel is rather a common Polish name (like Marcin), which is shared with several other REDs? Just a guess.
I doubt, there would have been any misinterpretation in post, were is also photo of Pawel Burza right above the text, where are both related crowns mentioned in text and Pawel himself. To me, that sounds improbable as a reason, but that is just my opinion.

Usually it is just a preference, in this case a preference specified by the man himself, whose userid is Burza46. It is not uncommon to call people by their userids, especially when they are closer to / easier to pronounce / less common than their given names.

Top Bottom