This Week in GWENT 24.01.2020

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

This week's episode focuses on the Lunar New Year and the History of GWENT! Enjoy!

I almost never check out the stuff promoted in TWIG, but that history video was definitely worth a watch. :D

rrc

Forum veteran
The most important take away from this TWIG is "NO full-mill value for cards that would get reworked". Whenever I saw prestige 0 players who had Redeyah/Scenario/Matta/etc and all the powerful cards in Rank < 5, I thought "Sure, why not craft the broken OP cards when they are anyhow going to get full-mill if/when they are fixed?" This is a great relief in fact. So, whenever a new expansion hits and would bring broken OP cards that are doomed to be fixed/changed, new players should think twice before crafting those cards with scraps.

Total reworks are fairly few and far between, so the change probably won't make much of a difference.
Makes exactly none to me. :p

(He was standing up again, by the way. :cool: )

So, whenever a new expansion hits and would bring broken OP cards that are doomed to be fixed/changed, new players should think twice before crafting those cards with scraps.
Yes, new players should only craft average cards that don't get reworked. Perhaps CDPR can help new players and indicate which new cards are (intentionally) OP and will be reworked in the future. :giveup:
Total reworks are fairly few and far between
Significant issue identified right there.

Nice way to announce the end of full-mill value, somewhere hidden at the end of a TWIG vid. Great strategic move to support new players in this supposed-to-be year of balancing and gameplay improvement (card reworks) 2020. :giveup:

Last edited:
Total reworks are fairly few and far between, so the change probably won't make much of a difference.

I think it is a big deal for the economy, honestly, or else they would not make this change.

Maybe there are a lot of people like me, who barely disenchant any cards and make a fair amount of meteorite powder with every major rework.

Anyway, it was good while it lasted. It's best that the balance changes are not influenced by how much scrap and powder the players might accrue.

Take a look at my "balance stash", over 3700 cards, 53k scraps and 32k powder, and that's without the full mill value.

1579971285252.png

Top Bottom