Those wondering about the PC version of Witcher 3, this might interest you.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been confirmed by an anonymous CDProjekt dev that they had to significantly reduce the beauty of the game in order to run on consoles and they didn't have the manpower/money to keep the original amazingly beautiful graphics alive for the PC release. I feel pretty betrayed, since this series was born on PC, but there is nothing I can do about it I guess. I already pre-ordered it, which I kind of regret now. I guess we have to hope for good modders to bring the game back to its 2013 beauty.

It's been confirmed by an anonymous CDProjekt dev that they had to significantly reduce the beauty of the game in order to run on consoles and they didn't have the manpower/money to keep the original amazingly beautiful graphics alive for the PC release. I feel pretty betrayed, since this series was born on PC, but there is nothing I can do about it I guess. I already pre-ordered it, which I kind of regret now. I guess we have to hope for good modders to bring the game back to its 2013 beauty.

It has been confirmed by an anonymous source who claims insider knowledge. That source has not been verified and some of the features that it claimed gone can actually be seen in the gameplay afaik. However, it's certainly not confirmed in any way. Not saying I'm expecting the game to look like the 35min Demo, but there's not been any confirmation of downgrade as of yet either.

Bah, no one it's so stupid to say something wrong about his product before selling it, it's just like a barber who tell you that he will cut your throat before you sit.
If he work for CD Projekt Red he earn for selling more, not less.

This thread will be locked very quickly. There is no confirmation when the person who said it is Anonymous.

Last edited:
Neither did I, I bought witcher 3 for awesome world building and story. But I did carry out some nice upgrades for my pc for Witcher 3. Every now and then a pc game comes around that makes you think "right it is time to upgrade". Especially when the devs are pushing the awesome looking advanced effects.
More power to you. The upgrades will come in handy for other games in the near future. Nothing goes to waste.

More power to you. The upgrades will come in handy for other games in the near future. Nothing goes to waste.

That's up for debate, provided you don't have practically limitless funds. E.g. I'm currently quite happy I haven't upgraded my rig since it seems to be just fine (GTX760 / i5 2500k) for somewhat high settings. This way I'll be able to push my upgrade back a bit, hopefully going for a Skylake/Pascal combination which I wouldn't be doing if I had already upgraded to 970/Current Gen Xeon for Witcher 3. ;)

i have a question regarding draw distance. we all know that PC's draw distance will be higher than consoles but one thing that i loved about the 35 min demo gameplay was the way things looked on the horizon.

if you look at these scerenshots.
in the 35 min gameplay you can see that there is distance fog but just at the base of the mountains. and we end up having a clear beautiful horizon and we can even see detail on those mountains.
so it was like more distance more fog (even more that the later screenshot) but just at ground level.

whereas the later screenshot is just more distance more fog.

i don't know if it is realistic or not but i think it looks beautiful.
do you think this is achieved just by increasing the draw distance or is there something else involved? (weather maybe?)

Attachments

• fog.jpg
    fog.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 43
First of all, greetings to the community, I am a new participant in these forums. Please forgive any grammar or syntax mistakes, English are not the official language of my country.
I have played both previous games of the series, although not the "vanilla" Day One versions, but the polished enhanced editions. The quality of those games as a whole, and the way that the moral choices were given (grayscale, not black and white), along with the respect that CDP shows in its customers, resulted in me pre-ordering The Witcher 3, even though my PC cannot run the game. I did this because I felt that the people behind these beautiful games were trustworthy, something that I can't say for many of the rest corporations in the gaming industry. I understand that the way we, as customers, have been treated in the past by other developers and publishers, has made trusting their promises about their products, a joke, to say the least. But we're talking about a corporation that has delivered everything it has promised till now.
So, as an avid PC gamer, and Witcher Series enthusiast, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about downgrades and cry "Console Sell Outs!", until the game is released on PC, and reviewed by a few reviewers whose opinion I hold in high regard.

Last edited:
It has been confirmed by an anonymous source who claims insider knowledge. That source has not been verified and some of the features that it claimed gone can actually be seen in the gameplay afaik. However, it's certainly not confirmed in any way. Not saying I'm expecting the game to look like the 35min Demo, but there's not been any confirmation of downgrade as of yet either.

The source is known and is an impostor. No further discussion of that claim.

i have a question regarding draw distance. we all know that PC's draw distance will be higher than consoles but one thing that i loved about the 35 min demo gameplay was the way things looked on the horizon.

in the 35 min gameplay you can see that there is distance fog but just at the base of the mountains. and we end up having a clear beautiful horizon and we can even see detail on those mountains.
so it was like more distance more fog (even more that the later screenshot) but just at ground level.

do you think this is achieved just by increasing the draw distance or is there something else involved? (weather maybe?)

Yeah, it would be great if the view distance would be atleast like in that 35 minute demo.. now it's mostly covered in fog and you can see the silhouette but not the details

Wow, the game looked so amazing in that first screenshot.

i really really, hope the PC version looks like this, because nothing in this video seems unrealistic, i mean its clearly gameplay in a near finished game , the color grading is so good and add so much ambiance/immersion compared to the over saturated console version

why would they throw away such an amazing work/assests is something that i dont understand, i know that building ALL the world with this level of details is impossible, but at least leave what has already been done, maybe ther's another reason that i dont know, if the devs could tel us ....

also its gonna be extremely easy to reproduce once we get our hand on the game and directly compare

Last edited:
How can they be? They don't have all the options enabled, they don't always show what settings they are using, the day 1 patch isn't released yet.
I'm not sure who can be trusted to actually show genuine PC footage. Making fake comparison footage to get views on their website and youtube ads is a good business. Also a reason why that previous comparison video was taken down.

All the gameplay, consoles included, looks amazing so far.
Agreed.

i really really, hope the PC version looks like this, because nothing in this video seems unrealistic, i mean its clearly gameplay in a near finished game , the color grading is so good and add so much ambiance/immersion compared to the over saturated console version

why would they throw away such an amazing work/assests is something that i dont understand, i know that building ALL the world with this level of details is impossible, but at least leave what has already been done, maybe ther's another reasons that i dont know, if they devs could tel us ....

also its gonna be extremely easy to reproduce once we get our hand on the game and directly compare

-__-

Marcin posted this:

http://i.imgur.com/e9fYsYI.png

He then posted this:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...=1#post1661041

HE SAID this was from the PC VERSION. He did NOT STATE that this was the FINAL PC VERSION.

There's 1 person you can trust - you. Yes, I know that's very profound!

People can speculate, based on the information that is pieced together from various sources. That's all we can do though.
Frankly I wouldn't waste your time. If you have any doubts whatsoever - it's your money. Cancel the pre-order, and/or don't purchase the game until you're positive you'd be happy with the 'final' results.
There's no explanation / apology that would suffice for misinformation given - whether intentional or not. So, again - just cancel, or be happy enough with what the end product will be,whenever that will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom