Those wondering about the PC version of Witcher 3, this might interest you.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The draw distance could have been really a bit better atleast in the PC version.. in the PCgames screenshots the draw distance looks maybe exactly like in the PS4 version

Last edited:
Source? Where was this confirmed?

What part of "no further discussion" invites further discussion? The source is fraudulent. The fraud is known to the forum administrators. The matter is CLOSED, and further posts on the matter will be deleted without further comment.

@Marcin Momot
The final version on PC on the highest settings will look closer to this?View attachment 14261View attachment 14262View attachment 14263View attachment 14264View attachment 14265

(except from the sky and geralt's model which are improved on the recents footages) or this shootings don't represent the visuals of the game at all. I'm asking because some of these shots are in the witcher 3 offical site and give the impression to be in-game, I'm still gonna play the game, but if these screenshots are just bullshots them I hope you guys be more careful on the marketing of cyberpunk 2077, because all this fuss on the graphics give the impression that you guys maybe misleading people, and looking back CDPR created a strong bound with the community and fans in being honest. I'll hope that I can have some answer.
PS:Can't wait to play the game whatever it looks like

Attachments

• The-Witcher-3-2.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-2.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 72
  • The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-Geralt_torching_his_enemies.jpg
    The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-Geralt_torching_his_enemies.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 94
  • witcher-3-wild-hunt-screenshot-1.jpg
    witcher-3-wild-hunt-screenshot-1.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 89
  • iRA0M60eXwNZ4.jpg
    iRA0M60eXwNZ4.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 99
  • iiC36SzeuGZN8.jpg
    iiC36SzeuGZN8.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 75
What part of "no further discussion" invites further discussion? The source is fraudulent. The fraud is known to the forum administrators. The matter is CLOSED, and further posts on the matter will be deleted without further comment.

I admire you far too much to be passive-aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that more users would feel spurned about this. Maybe "civil comments only" translates to placid acceptance only?

As a simple correction, no ENB mod will fix bad textures. To assert this in the same breath as you accuse others of not understanding modding is comical. I'm hoping for a "proper assets patch" sometime down the line, but comparing the 2013 assets to 2015 they're so completely different aesthetically I would be surprised if it could be brought up to snuff with that version.

My policy is typically to vote with my wallet when a dev does something I don't like, but this time I want to play the game badly enough -- and I'm still holding onto a shred of optimism that it won't be a console port. Here's to hoping!

Otherwise, I guess I'll start worshipping Larian. Though even they are making their big CRPG multiplat, which bodes sourly for the future.

Your right, it does sound bad, the way I worded things,

Its more of a "Hey, the developers are giving us this modding tool for modders, it will be ok, look at Skyrim as example".

I said too much in the OP, it was more about that link, and I detracted so much from the link it went into Witcher 3 being a console port, to "Some don't know anything about modding", and so on. However as knowledgeable as you seem to come across, you should know ENB, and better textures surely will follow after the REDkit. If it will look as good as 2013's still screenshots, and footage, I don't know. I do know some modded area's of my Skyrim look very good.

Last edited:
Hello. Things seem okayish. Stay on topic and keep it civil and constructive, though. I see a few deletes already.

Warning Pony! Isn't it MESMERIZING?

OK. Many time i wanted wright about visual differences but i deleted all posts at last second.

But now i think i must do it. ;)

We all know that 2013 trailer's quality will not be in final build. Jose confirmed it in last interview too. But this is interesting me what Marcin Momot wanted to say when he said 'we will see VGX and SOD graphics quality in final build'? I did not mean he lied to us. At least he is not visual artist or technical guy. May be he asked some developers and they answered YES. But what a real situation behind this really interesting to me

About Burning village scene, i never thought this quality will be in final build from beginning. How? Simply: The graphics style changed a lot after that scene. But that scene's quality never changed. And in all trailers and dev diary videos we saw that exact scene. So it was clear that this quality will not simply in final build. It has to change how whole graphics style changed.

About 35 min demo. Many people think that there is big downgrade after 35 min demo too. But for me not all changes are downgrade after 35 min demo.

For example this: http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=6

First of all this is PC vs ps4 comparison.

1.Biggest difference is now there is bloom in everywhere. This is one upgrade from technical side. (I do not love this at all :) but we are talking about technical side ;)
2.The dark areas are not dark enough as 35 min demo. This is artistic change. Not downgrade too.
3.Texture details seems less noticable now. I think this is because sharpening filter and texture res. So it is because ps4 footage.
4.Almost all models are same.
5.Color pallet was different in some areas. I mean for example we saw No mans land in both build in same TOD and same weather condition. In 35 min demo color pallet was more blue and purple. But now i can not see any difference in color pallet between Novigrad and No mans land.(This is artistic change too)

Now what is downgrade for me:
1. SSR. We saw novigrad in final build on PC too. And we can see now there is no realtime reflection in little water parts on the ground anymore. But we can see reflection in big rivers and seas. So this mean reflection is not SSR. And Jose mentioned it in his latest interview too. He said now we put reflection probes in some areas. So it means that reflection is not in all places like 35 min demo.
2.The sun does not illuminate some objects in distance like buildings and etc. For example. http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=1
The buildings which we can see through the door is not illuminated by sun in new build. Some of you may say this is because of fog. Actually yes. But what is interesting, I did not see any scene that there is not fog in distance, so i think this is actually not because of fog. The sun does not illuminate the objects in distance to reduce rendering of more details and shaders and DEVs hide this with fog. So there was fog in 35 min trailer but we could clearly see the details in distance too.
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0 We can see the mountain in the distance and there is fog too.

But i think this downgrade actually helps to make the world look more bigger. I mean in 35 min demo when i look to mountain in distance it doesn't look correct to me about size of map. I mean the mountains doesn't look far away from us in 35 min demo. But in new build the mountain looks far away from us.

3.In 35 min demo there was anomorphic lensflare on light sources even on reflection of lights.

And About SOD trailer. I do not think we will see same quality in PC too. At least Jose confirmed that trailers are trailers. :)

And last think. In interview Jose said that the draw distance is same in all platforms. But Momot said that draw distance will be more on PC. So there is 2 opposite thoughts between this 2 awesome guys.

First: Graphics quality of trailers that we can or can not see on PC version.
second: Draw distance will or will not same on PC and PS4

Last edited:
i really really, hope the PC version looks like this, because nothing in this video seems unrealistic, i mean its clearly gameplay in a near finished game , the color grading is so good and add so much ambiance/immersion compared to the over saturated console version

why would they throw away such an amazing work/assests is something that i dont understand, i know that building ALL the world with this level of details is impossible, but at least leave what has already been done, maybe ther's another reason that i dont know, if the devs could tel us ....

also its gonna be extremely easy to reproduce once we get our hand on the game and directly compare

I remember when this came out, some people were upset that there was a downgrade, and I defended it, argued with a lot of people saying this looks amazing and better without the overdone sharpening of the 2013 trailers.

Now they doubled down on downgrading this, from worse lighting, to removing smoke from houses,to removing details from Novigrad, that's all we can see from the footage. And I can't defend this. Back then people thought final version was gonna look way better than this, I thought too because the footage seemed to lack DOF or similar effects.

I remember when this came out, some people were upset that there was a downgrade, and I defended it, argued with a lot of people saying this looks amazing and better without the overdone sharpening of the 2013 trailers.

Now they doubled down on downgrading this, from worse lighting, to removing smoke from houses,to removing details from Novigrad, that's all we can see from the footage. And I can't defend this. Back then people thought final version was gonna look way better than this, I thought too because the footage seemed to lack DOF or similar effects.

DOF is still in game. Look at background in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVYFR6mfJzY#t=2m10s,

Smoke was removed from houses before 35 min demo not after and there is smoke from houses now too. Just not same by technical side. Which detail removed from Novigrad? Wall detail which we saw from Nvidia site? Ok. Then What about this? I painted same color what was added after 35 min demo. How about this. Why nobody see what is added. All people see only downgrades.

Attachments

• Novigradupgrades.jpg
    Novigradupgrades.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 79
I never said DOF wasn't in the final game, I said it seemed like the E3 2014 footage was missing a few effects so I thought it would look way better. Everyone thought it was gonna look better since it was still work in progress. When they said they were gonna optimize the game I didn't expect this.

And yes, you can say some things were added some were taken, but edge sharp corners is a downgrade, so is removing smoke from house chimneys. This wasn't a little detail they took out for visual coherence.

Why nobody see what is added. All people see only downgrades.

Because from what we can compare (novigrad), the game looks way worse. I don't think I've seen the other areas that were in the E3 demo how they look now

Quoting myself from another thread because it feels like that might help you guys along.

Gamestar claims to have a final PC build available (without Day 1-Patch) and they're one of the most renowned German PC-Gaming magazines, most of them being Witcher-Fans. Their conclusion is pretty clear: There's certainly been a downgrade and the game still looks amazing. The comparison is in German, at the beginning they're saying they've turned everything all the way up (explicitly mentioning AA is only an on/off option): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Considering the trailer footage is actually of worse quality in terms of compression and the like than their own PC material I don't think this is about YouTube. If possible they're trying to capture scenes at the same ToD (specifically mentioned for the swamp scenes). The most obvious difference is the draw distance (most apparent in the mountains/far away buildings in Novigrad and Novigrad's outskirts. Apart from that the color scheme is obviously very, very different and the lightning looks less authentic (e.g. in that tavern in Novigrad).

EDIT: For all the guys who're still clinging to the Day 1-Patch they explicitly claim there's no way one patch would be able to get the game back to the old footage, all one can expect are minor details possible improving. The final statement is something like: "All in all our PC version with everything cranked up does look a lot more similar to the PS4 version than the trailer and game-play footage we've seen before."

And yes, you can say some things were added some were taken, but edge sharp corners is a downgrade, so is removing smoke from house chimneys. This wasn't a little detail they took out for visual coherence.

:) If the wall edge is downgrade then another details which i painted in picture are upgrades. So 1 downgrade and almost 5 upgrades in same place.

Because from what we can compare (novigrad), the game looks way worse. I don't think I've seen the other areas that were in the E3 demo how they look now

Other than edge of wall what is worse? Can you show me?

:) If the wall edge is downgrade then another details which i painted in picture are upgrades. So 1 downgrade and almost 5 upgrades in same place.

Other than edge of wall what is worse? Can you show me?

Watch the video I linked. There's quite a lot of obvious changes for the worse. If we could just get to the point were everybody accepts that we'd all be better off. You can have differing opinions on colors, art direction, how CD RED handled the situation and what not, but please let's not still discuss plainly obvious differences like the draw distance. DISCLAIMER: The game still looks amazing!

Seems like this thread has gone fully off topic FFA which makes me feel like locking it. So, should we try to go back on track? If there's any, that is.

OK. Many time i wanted wright about visual differences but i deleted all posts at last second.

But now i think i must do it. ;)

We all know that 2013 trailer's quality will not be in final build. Jose confirmed it in last interview too. But this is interesting me what Marcin Momot wanted to say when he said 'we will see VGX and SOD graphics quality in final build'? I did not mean he lied to us. At least he is not visual artist or technical guy. May be he asked some developers and they answered YES. But what a real situation behind this really interesting to me

About Burning village scene, i never thought this quality will be in final build from beginning. How? Simply: The graphics style changed a lot after that scene. But that scene's quality never changed. And in all trailers and dev diary videos we saw that exact scene. So it was clear that this quality will not simply in final build. It has to change how whole graphics style changed.

About 35 min demo. Many people think that there is big downgrade after 35 min demo too. But for me not all changes are downgrade after 35 min demo.

For example this: http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=6

First of all this is PC vs ps4 comparison.

1.Biggest difference is now there is bloom in everywhere. This is one upgrade from technical side. (I do not love this at all :) but we are talking about technical side ;)
2.The dark areas are not dark enough as 35 min demo. This is artistic change. Not downgrade too.
3.Texture details seems less noticable now. I think this is because sharpening filter and texture res. So it is because ps4 footage.
4.Almost all models are same.
5.Color pallet was different in some areas. I mean for example we saw No mans land in both build in same TOD and same weather condition. In 35 min demo color pallet was more blue and purple. But now i can not see any difference in color pallet between Novigrad and No mans land.(This is artistic change too)

Now what is downgrade for me:
1. SSR. We saw novigrad in final build on PC too. And we can see now there is no realtime reflection in little water parts on the ground anymore. But we can see reflection in big rivers and seas. So this mean reflection is not SSR. And Jose mentioned it in his latest interview too. He said now we put reflection probes in some areas. So it means that reflection is not in all places like 35 min demo.
2.The sun does not illuminate some objects in distance like buildings and etc. For example. http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=1
The buildings which we can see through the door is not illuminated by sun in new build. Some of you may say this is because of fog. Actually yes. But what is interesting, I did not see any scene that there is not fog in distance, so i think this is actually not because of fog. The sun does not illuminate the objects in distance to reduce rendering of more details and shaders and DEVs hide this with fog. So there was fog in 35 min trailer but we could clearly see the details in distance too.
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0 We can see the mountain in the distance and there is fog too.

But i think this downgrade actually helps to make the world look more bigger. I mean in 35 min demo when i look to mountain in distance it doesn't look correct to me about size of map. I mean the mountains doesn't look far away from us in 35 min demo. But in new build the mountain looks far away from us.

3.In 35 min demo there was anomorphic lensflare on light sources even on reflection of lights.

And About SOD trailer. I do not think we will see same quality in PC too. At least Jose confirmed that trailers are trailers. :)

And last think. In interview Jose said that the draw distance is same in all platforms. But Momot said that draw distance will be more on PC. So there is 2 opposite thoughts between this 2 awesome guys.

First: Graphics quality of trailers that we can or can not see on PC version.
second: Draw distance will or will not same on PC and PS4

The 35min Demo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the current build pics.

New video from the german guys at Gamestar.

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/witcher-3-grafik-downgrade-analyse,82708.html

This game is a console port confirmed.

Lighting completely gimped (When Geralt walks into the brothel, the difference is disgusting. People in there look like porcelain dolls in the latest build)

Water completely gimped. The water reacted to Geralt so much more in the E3 2014 trailer and just looked more natural in general. Clearly visible in the video.

Fire and smoke effects completely gimped too.

Novigrad population severely downgraded. City is not nearly as alive anymore.

A Day1 patch is just not fixing this. There is just no way.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 11-2.jpg
    11-2.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 33-2.jpg
    33-2.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 87
I definitely won't buy the game at this point. From the gameplay aspect it's probably the best RPG game ever made, but I was so hyped about finally seeing a next gen PC game based on the 2013 trailer. I even considered on purchasing a titan X card. I really hope there will be an EE edition for PC in the future or at least some mods that will reintroduce the lighting, atmosphere, details from what was expected the game will look like for the PC. It seems to me that W3 ended up same as Skyrim did....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom