Thought on stealing from villagers in TW3

+
Thought on stealing from villagers in TW3

During my multiple playthroughs in TW3 I consciously limit myself not to steal items from villagers' homes and towns(except if they are deserted). So I thought of maybe CDPR can consider injecting some reactions from villagers like a plea or desperate beg to Geralt not to steal their items the moment he opens up boxes/crates/drawer. The mechanics already in place for guards so I reckon it should be viable to be implemented to villagers as well.

Achieving this would enrich the already immersive game filled with elements that toy with your conscience and guilt whenever you are confronted with those hard choices.

Yeah I thought about this too, feels kind of weird to barge into someone's home and they keep on scrubbing the floor like I live there and can come as I please. If it was my home...

Just imagine the stories they can tell their grandkids about the night when the White Wolf, Geralt of Rivia, walked into their shack and took two broken rakes and a pile of rotten meat.

if you don't want to steal from the villagers, don't do it, there is no need to get into trouble with villagers, for looting, besides, all the elements that we can't loot from them must be somewhere for us to find them, for we need those elements to craft things, make potions, etc, there must be a new balance in finding those things

It's one of the main reasons why I want to start over and begin a new game lol. I feel really bad taking stuff from those poor sad villagers.

I rarely loot from villages, if at all now. But I agree, its rather silly that you can just take stuff. Skrim had a much better theft system, it does seem rather overlooked.

But.. but I need the food. :( Second playthrough on death march and at the start, when you're low on cash, buying food just depletes your purse. It doesn't help that you sell armor for the price of a chicken leg. Dislike looting villagers too, so I limit myself to food theft. Not that it's any better, as those villagers clearly need that more than a broken rake... Also developed a strong love/hate relationship with bandits. Hate those damn archers, but love their ham sandwiches!

Ah, the good old kleptomaniac RPG hero.

Regardless I think it is ridiculous how guards will beat you with just one hit... I guess they don't need Geralt after all since they are clearly far more powerful than him -_-

if you don't want to steal from the villagers, don't do it, there is no need to get into trouble with villagers, for looting, besides, all the elements that we can't loot from them must be somewhere for us to find them, for we need those elements to craft things, make potions, etc, there must be a new balance in finding those things

The point is to add more conscience related by adding reactions from villagers whenever Geralt tries to steal described in my post above. It's still up to players whether to choose to steal despite hearing the sad plea from the villagers. :)

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

It's one of the main reasons why I want to start over and begin a new game lol. I feel really bad taking stuff from those poor sad villagers.

Ya exactly what I had in mind when I finished my first playthrough :(

---------- Updated at 06:35 AM ----------

But.. but I need the food. :( Second playthrough on death march and at the start, when you're low on cash, buying food just depletes your purse. It doesn't help that you sell armor for the price of a chicken leg. Dislike looting villagers too, so I limit myself to food theft. Not that it's any better, as those villagers clearly need that more than a broken rake... Also developed a strong love/hate relationship with bandits. Hate those damn archers, but love their ham sandwiches!

Can be tough when Geralt has nothing at a start but that's where I think is part of the fun, to create a rule within our own to see if we want to steal the villagers, which is the easier way or abide our conscience and do the harder way :)

Ah, the good old kleptomaniac RPG hero.

Regardless I think it is ridiculous how guards will beat you with just one hit... I guess they don't need Geralt after all since they are clearly far more powerful than him -_-

Cause guards don't carry silver swords so suck against monsters. Why they don't I don't know since even tho only Witchers use them every single blacksmith makes and has some in their stock.

Last edited:
Cause guards don't carry silver swords so suck against monsters. Why they don't I don't know since even tho only Withers use them every single blacksmith makes and has some in their stock.

I believe the guards can have access to silver swords if they are given orders to wield one. However, what Geralt has that normal human guards do not have is the heightened reflexes, strength and agility needed to fight monsters toe to toe.

I believe the guards can have access to silver swords if they are given orders to wield one. However, what Geralt has that normal human guards do not have is the heightened reflexes, strength and agility needed to fight monsters toe to toe.

That would make sense if it was an area where the rules say you have to fight monsters one on one but doesn't really matter when you can simply even out the difference with numbers. I honestly don't understand why a silver blade of some kind isn't standard in the World given the setting considering the stupidly dense monster population in a lot of places. You would think after having 1/2 their village eaten time and time again they would invest in some silver weapons instead of just letting more people be eaten while they sit and hope a random Witcher wonders through and decides to take the contract sometime soon. lol

Yeah it sucks looting those poor peasants homes.. i bet they keep all the good stuff on themselves gotto kill em and loot those goodies *evil laughter*

@Liquidacid I remember there was a quest I think in TW2 where Geralt asked the guards to equip silver swords. It was also mentioned in there too the reason why guards weren't given silver swords and it's due to the fact that it's expensive to upkeep. Can't remember the specific portion of the quests unfortunately....

So use spears instead if it's expensive. The amount of silver to plate one of the swords Geralt carries could plate dozens of spear heads and spears would honestly be a much better weapon, especially in numbers, for fighting monsters. One of the silver candle sticks I constantly loot from peasant houses could easily plate a half dozen or so and arm the village guards. Of course then Witchers woundn't really be all that needed or special which would ruin the game but still lol

That's another thing that bothered me. How come I can only get silver swords? Why not a silver plated Axe or mace. I mean the blacksmiths are crafting said things a lot of the time for you so I don't see why they couldn't if just for variety. Since the "secondary" weapons in this game even use the same animations as the swords it should be easy as hell to program in

It's funny how i just can walk in and steal from them, yeah its not realistic but its funny as hell :D

Top Bottom