Thoughts about ermion and svanrige

+
Thoughts about ermion and svanrige

Hey there, i'm a new player, and playing a skellige deck in rank 10 now.
i wanted to ask you some questions about ermion and svanrige.
1) what's your general opinion about these cards?
2) do you think is a good idea to play them in a 25 cards deck with king bran as leader, but not a discard-pirate-warlongship deck? usually i use bran before using these cards, so i have a better probability to get a gold or silver card using ermion or svanrige.
3) I'd prefer to keep my deck a secret, but i have to admit that lots of time i have difficulty to choose what cards i should discard (probably i need more practice). if i should keep one between svanrige and ermion, which should be?

p.s.: yeah, i know, probably as a new player, i built a deck too complicated for my skills (or actually my deck could suck, not sure), if needed i will reveal my deck :disgust:

Ermion is almost a must in a Discard deck as it helps get the card you want or don't want to set up. Svanrige is more situational but not a bad card in Discard decks.

1) Ermion is essential in a discard deck. Svanrige can be good too.
2) Depends on the deck. If discard with Bran and Ermion is enough, you don't need Svanrige. Just try it out :). A lot of Bran discard decks don't run Pirates. The ships are not required either.

devivre;n9665301 said:
1) Ermion is essential in a discard deck. Svanrige can be good too.
2) Depends on the deck. If discard with Bran and Ermion is enough, you don't need Svanrige. Just try it out :). A lot of Bran discard decks don't run Pirates. The ships are not required either.

ok, probably i've misunderstood what is a discard deck then :D

thanks for your opinions, guys. in the end, i prefered only svanrige, usually i got good hands anyway, and discarding 2 cards is too much for me (sometimes happens i have to discard a good card i could use), with only 1 i'm more confident, also tuirserch bonus

anyway, what do you think about this new prototype i'm working on?

leader: bran
gold: birna bran, geralt aard, mad man lugos, royal decree
silver: dorregaray, sigdrifa, svanrige, decoy, dimeritiumbomb, restore
bronze: 3x sorceresses, 2x tuirserch veteran, 2x tuirs. skirmisher, 2x tuirs. axeman, 2x harpooners, 2x first light, 1 lacerate, and 1 or 2 torrential rain (with 1 torrential rain, i got a 25 cards deck, but a second torrential rain could help)

Spuddu;n9677851 said:
anyway, avallach could be a better choice, to you?

For SK usually not so much. In most cases you want to resurrect units and cards like Ermion let you discard cards to your graveyard (where they can be resurrected), which is helpful. Avallach gives both players two cards - while that can be good to mess with the opponents draw, it doesn't synergize that well with the SK faction.

devivre;n9678361 said:
For SK usually not so much. In most cases you want to resurrect units and cards like Ermion let you discard cards to your graveyard (where they can be resurrected), which is helpful. Avallach gives both players two cards - while that can be good to mess with the opponents draw, it doesn't synergize that well with the SK faction.

ah, i actually thought that, after you discard lots of bronze units from your deck with bran, svanrige and madman lugos (so you could discard 5 cards in the first round), you should probably get a better draw(from 10-8-7 in the various rounds), while your opponent gets 2 random cards out of 15 in 1° round, out of 13th in 2° round, and out of 12 in 3° round. and yes, other factions have also the possibility to thin their decks (ex: crone, school of the wolf), but not so effectively as a schellige deck. probably, a scenario like sk discard vs sk discard is the worst scenario to use avallach, anyway.

Top Bottom