Thoughts about my sadness and disappoitment with the quality of this story that I am taking too personally

+
Thank you for the write up, this is exactly what I am feeling right now. What a let down.
I would recommend Disco Elysium if you seek good narrative experience.

It's because of you that I found one of my favorite games! Thanks for the recommendation

The ending came way too fast, and there should have been more in the main game. It felt more like the story stopped instead of having an ending. A game should have a full story. The story of the main game shouldn't have to be completed by DLC or expansions.
I think they have turn EA on us. Pitty. :giveup:

I legitimately feel like I'm taking crazy pills or I'm playing a different game because I honestly enjoyed the story and I think it's probably the best single player game I've ever played. And I absolutely adored The Witcher 3.

Did you do much of the side content? Because completing at least one of the Judy/Panam storylines is absolutely essential. At least the Panam one but preferably both. Otherwise you're left with a terrible depressing ending.
If you're a straight female you don't have any choice but a depressing ending if that's what you mean.

Well, a third of the game was cut so is it any wonder? Just when the story feels like it's starting to ramp up and get interesting, you get a point of no return message, like wtf?

But you learn early on that Panamn isn't into girls, but you can still have a good ending as friends with her and even get your romance to go with you.
Post automatically merged:

It really is the small things that are missing from this game.

Examples:
Last of Us:
Ellie see a rabbit in the wild for the first time and comments and stuff
Ellie plays with fireflies

FNV:
There is en elderly couple in a train station that you can help settle an argument that I didn't find until my 3d or 4th playthrough.
There is some others like that also.
There is animals walking around in the wild.

FO4:
There is one quest in the middle of nowhere that also took me like 3-4 playthroughs to stumble over. Because it is not needed to achievements.
Opening or not opening the fridge at the beach,
Here also birds, wildlife, butterflies, flies and so on.

Skyrim:
More or less same as FO4
There are little things in places that makes it pull you in and makes you care for people in the world
Like helping the nice boy get the girl or force the girl to be with the bully, choice is yours.

Kotor 1 or 2, I forgot:
Force the twi'lek to marry the guy, help her escape, make her your slave instead.
Help a whole town fight back, burn it to the ground, pretend to help but stab them in the back and let sith in.

I can keep listing many other games with stuff like this.
This kind of thing is what draws you into the world and care about it.
Yes it helps if it also looks great but the small things are also needed or it will just be a soulless painting of a city skyline.
CP don't need to copy that from other games but could have done some things and twists on that would have pulled you into the world more,

Last edited:
Half way throughout my gameplay, I purposely spoiled myself on how the Ending will turn out with the Main Story, mainly because I can't stand SAD+OPEN ENDINGS. If it comes to it, I wanted to prepare myself for them by already desensitizing myself beforehand (by spoiling myself ahead). Now that I know that all my precious characters will all just die (including my V), I lost all motives to even finish this game (am at 90% progress). I've been just going around finding hidden gems and trying to get all the side quests done. Still.. knowing that I'll have to play through the undesirable SAD ENDING... it depresses me. I really wish one of the Endings that we get was a definite HAPPY ENDING for V.

The main story is great and interesting but I agree its too short
After the witcher 3 I was expecting a much longer stroy
The game is full with activity and I am having a blast
but I do feel the main story is kinda lacking

And they all lived happily ever after.

Really?

Well, what I meant by a "HAPPY ENDING" actually meant AT LEAST ONE ENDING WHERE V GETS THE CHANCE TO LIVE, 'cus after all that's what some of us players thought that we have the chance at - to have him remove the chip and live. Is that too much to ask, really? Just one ending choice with that? Come on.

Top Bottom