Thoughts on Exotics

+
Furries, elves, nekos, and such are exactly what "exotics" is referring to. Basically any anthropomorphic body shape/mods. We've all seen pictures of people in costume at various cons, now just imagine seeing them walking down the street ... walla ... exotic!

Perhaps the mods may give them some sort of augmentation (say digitigrade legs let them run just a bit faster) but usually augmentation is of secondary importance to the visual aesthetic. Thus exotics are extreme examples of cosmetic surgery not some sort of "superman" augmentation. Of course such body alteration can be combined with augmentation just like anyone else that gets cyberware.

Last edited:
Calistarius;n9022150 said:
Well... while I agree with the "+5 shotgun" or what ever... you can still improve your gear, by the way of getting better equipment.

I doubt that you will be able to get the best available weapon of each kind or something on character creation in CP2077. Your probably going to get the cheap and/or entry level types of stuff at the start (heck... you might start almost, or complealty, naked... like you tend to do in most of the elder Scrolls games)... and then either loot, and/or buy, and/or craft, your way to better equipment as the game goes on. Of course you can only go so far with this in a game like Cyberpunk... but it would still be a kind of upgrading when it comes to equipment.

If CDPR is nice and some how can get the character creator from 2020 into 20977, what you start with would depend on what life path you took. Though I need point out, in Cyberpunk you usually keep the gun you got in the beginning till you break it, lose it or die. This is because weapons in Cyberpunk, especially the PnP rpg, follow real world guidelines, so if a gun's better than the one you have it's either because it's newer or not broken. You're not gonna find "normal rpg" looting or gear in Cyberpunk like you would in Elder Scrolls, well you shouldn't....

walkingdarkly;n9034280 said:
If CDPR is nice and some how can get the character creator from 2020 into 20977, what you start with would depend on what life path you took. Though I need point out, in Cyberpunk you usually keep the gun you got in the beginning till you break it, lose it or die. This is because weapons in Cyberpunk, especially the PnP rpg, follow real world guidelines, so if a gun's better than the one you have it's either because it's newer or not broken. You're not gonna find "normal rpg" looting or gear in Cyberpunk like you would in Elder Scrolls, well you shouldn't....

Of course. PnP's are after all usually different on that aspect.

Unless the GM forbids something... or the rules do... most characters I make, in any PnP RPG that I play, do tend to have the best possible equipment I can afford or get from the start. So a longsword instead of a shortsword, or the most powerful handgun available instead of the cheap knock-off, or what ever.

In videogames though, especially RPG videogames, you do tend to have the aspect of starting out with inferior equipment, and working your way up to the better ones. It's not always the case, but a lot of times it is. And I am ok with that for videogames, because it is another one of those aspects of your character "getting better at what they do"... one of the many apsects of RPG's (be it PnP or videogames) that I highly enjoy.

And if a GM, or the rules, restricted me from getting the best possible equipment in a PnP RPG at the start... then I would be fine with that as well, because then I would have that added bonus enjoyment of trying to get hold of better stuff for my character as I play. :)

Suhiira;n9032820 said:
Furries, elves, nekos, and such are exactly what "exotics" is referring to. Basically any anthropomorphic body shape/mods.

If CDPR goes with the "furries" sexual fetish at some point in CP2077 they should also include other depraved fetishes.

inb4 someone will say furry is not sexual, "it's just a hobbie bro!"

Lisbeth_Salander;n9037300 said:
inb4 someone will say furry is not sexual, "it's just a hobbie bro!"
To some it is, to some it ain't.
One can say exactly the same about cosplayers at cons or the SCA folks that reenact midevil stuff.

Suhiira;n9037460 said:
To some it is, to some it ain't.
One can say exactly the same about cosplayers at cons or the SCA folks that reenact midevil stuff.

You mean some of those cosplayers are also zoophiliac?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9037300 said:
If CDPR goes with the "furries" sexual fetish at some point in CP2077 they should also include other depraved fetishes.

Ahhh...careful. Careful about labelling others' preferences "depraved". Because that's not cool over here. There's "criminal" and there's "personal preference". Anything else is a judgement issue. My judgement is, tread carefully.

Sardukhar;n9039600 said:
Ahhh...careful. Careful about labelling others' preferences "depraved". Because that's not cool over here. There's "criminal" and there's "personal preference". Anything else is a judgement issue. My judgement is, tread carefully.

Didn't mean to imply that furry is a depraved fetish.I meant in the defined term made by the Merriam Webster dictionary:

"Legal definition of Depraved: marked by moral corruption or perversion as shown by a capacity for extreme and wanton physical cruelty the depraved state of mind of the murderer the depraved nature of the crime""

In this definition furries aren't depraved, but a sadist is.

Prediction: you will ocasionally ban me one day.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9040250 said:
"Legal definition of Depraved: marked by moral corruption or perversion as shown by a capacity for extreme and wanton physical cruelty the depraved state of mind of the murderer the depraved nature of the crime""

* ears burn *
What? People are talking about me again?

No ... wait ... I've never "murdered" anyone ... yet ...

Lisbeth_Salander;n9041070 said:
Guess metalmaniac21 will have someone to spend time with in his cell. I'm doing god's work taking down these criminals.
Given that I worked in Intelligence and specialized in Nuc-Bio-Chem warfare when I was in the service they already have me in the "Potential Domestic Terrorist" files. So just tell them to look there and save them some time.

Guardian_Ainsel;n9078470 said:
I think it would be cool if it was an instance like the witcher armor where you had to go on a long mission to get them.
Keep in mind, augmentations are not (usually) something you can swap in-an-out. Once you get one it's permanent, like a tattoo.
Also, and extreme exotic (full body vice merely adding elf ears) mod would be fairly expensive, so it might take several long missions before you could afford one.

Suhiira;n9041670 said:
Given that I worked in Intelligence and specialized in Nuc-Bio-Chem warfare when I was in the service they already have me in the "Potential Domestic Terrorist" files. So just tell them to look there and save them some time.

Oh great, now we're both in a list.

Suhiira;n9080500 said:
Keep in mind, augmentations are not (usually) something you can swap in-an-out. Once you get one it's permanent, like a tattoo.

Do you think it's worth it to be a 100% pure human, I mean without any augmentations in the CP2020 universe and probably in CP2077?

Suhiira;n9080500 said:
Keep in mind, augmentations are not (usually) something you can swap in-an-out. Once you get one it's permanent, like a tattoo..

Er...which augmentations? Because the Future is Disposable. In CP2020 you can totally swap cyber, nano and cosmetics. With the corresponding eb cost and possible HL difference, of course.

Not all, but most. You can put cyberlimbs on, have them removed and put flesh ones back, get lion's ears, have your originals put back, ( if you saved them, otherwise cloned) etc.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9080760 said:
Do you think it's worth it to be a 100% pure human, I mean without any augmentations in the CP2020 universe and probably in CP2077?

This is a long-running battle on the boards.

I follow Pondsmith's line: Metal is Better than Meat.

Professionals get augmented because it makes them better at their jobs. Not taking the edge everyone else has would be like trying to do all your business nowadays from a landline, because "cool". No.

Style-wise, that's different. For sure some people disdain cyber and nano. And are proud of it.

Sardukhar;n9081090 said:
I follow Pondsmith's line: Metal is Better than Meat.
I spotted the traitor who will side with the machines when the war comes :rly?:

Sardukhar;n9081090 said:
Professionals get augmented because it makes them better at their jobs. Not taking the edge everyone else has would be like trying to do all your business nowadays from a landline, because "cool"

You're following a great logic made by a CDPR user who said that everything will have a reason to exist regarding the character design, I'm relieved to know CDPR will take this route. This whole thing reminds me of this pic:

Sardukhar;n9081090 said:
You can put cyberlimbs on, have them removed and put flesh ones back, get lion's ears,

There will be literal furries in 2077, damm that is for sure a dark future.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n9081090 said:
Er...which augmentations? Because the Future is Disposable. In CP2020 you can totally swap cyber, nano and cosmetics. With the corresponding eb cost and possible HL difference, of course.

Not all, but most. You can put cyberlimbs on, have them removed and put flesh ones back, get lion's ears, have your originals put back, ( if you saved them, otherwise cloned) etc.
Guess I should have emphasized YOU more.
Yes, they can be changed, but not like taking off one shirt and putting on another (for the most part).

Lisbeth_Salander;n9080760 said:
I once played an "old school" detective (think Sam Spade) who totally avoided all augmentations.
Given that the main focus of the character was investigation things worked just fine; he DID use computers, vidcams, etc., just not personal body mods.

And I too find the "armor" used in most video games (particularly female) amusing at best. I'm not gonna start a riot over it tho (unlike some).

Last edited:
Top Bottom