Thoughts on HoS after completion of main quest line (SPOILERS)

+
Thoughts on HoS after completion of main quest line (SPOILERS)

Okay so I just finished HoS and it was a fantastic story. That being said the following will be pretty spoiler heavy. Please let me know your opinions and thoughts as well.

Okay so first off I didn't try to interfere with Gaunter O'Dimm collecting on his contract at the end of the questline. While it may have been pretty heartless:smile:, given I had just spent the past 8 or so hours learning this guy's history, he made the deal and he knew what he was getting into. I felt bad for his wife though, her story was pretty tragic.
Next, What the hell were the cat and dog? and what exactly was Gaunter O'Dimm? At completion, I said that I didn't want anything from him. He's definitely a creepy, well written character. Really enjoyed his creepy ass whistle and the spoodle to the eye!
Finally, I was pretty sad about how the Shani plot ended. I get it makes sense given the epilogues and you ending up with Triss, Yen, or alone, but part of me really hoped to end up with her, because I like her more than Yen and about the same as Triss. Shani and that damned ghost brought out a fun side of Geralt and allowed me to RP and do things that Geralt wouldn't do, since he wasn't in control of himself.
Anyways that's the short of it. I'd love to discuss your opinions and maybe expand on mine if anyone has any questions. Thanks for reading.

Okay so I just finished HoS and it was a fantastic story. That being said the following will be pretty spoiler heavy. Please let me know your opinions and thoughts as well.

Okay so first off I didn't try to interfere with Gaunter O'Dimm collecting on his contract at the end of the questline. While it may have been pretty heartless:smile:, given I had just spent the past 8 or so hours learning this guy's history, he made the deal and he knew what he was getting into. I felt bad for his wife though, her story was pretty tragic.
Next, What the hell were the cat and dog? and what exactly was Gaunter O'Dimm? At completion, I said that I didn't want anything from him. He's definitely a creepy, well written character. Really enjoyed his creepy ass whistle and the spoodle to the eye!
Finally, I was pretty sad about how the Shani plot ended. I get it makes sense given the epilogues and you ending up with Triss, Yen, or alone, but part of me really hoped to end up with her, because I like her more than Yen and about the same as Triss. Shani and that damned ghost brought out a fun side of Geralt and allowed me to RP and do things that Geralt wouldn't do, since he wasn't in control of himself.
Anyways that's the short of it. I'd love to discuss your opinions and maybe expand on mine if anyone has any questions. Thanks for reading.

I interfered and it led to a pretty intense moment for me personally, but I won't spoil it. I really like the ending if you do interfere, I would suggest reloading and checking it out.
The cat and dog were summoned demons. What Guanter O'Dimm truly is...well that's just never really revealed. I think it would be safe to say he's a very old and powerful Djinn though due to his fixation on wordplay and tricking mortals. And yeah, he is fucking creepy. That scene where he stabbed a wooden spoon into a peasant's eye hit me in all the wrong spots.
I wasn't expecting anything of the Shani plot, but I was surprised how much attention they gave her. While her voice acting isn't the best, her interactions with Geralt/Possessed Geralt totally make up for that.

I interfered and it led to a pretty intense moment for me personally, but I won't spoil it. I really like the ending if you do interfere, I would suggest reloading and checking it out.
The cat and dog were summoned demons. What Guanter O'Dimm truly is...well that's just never really revealed. I think it would be safe to say he's a very old and powerful Djinn though due to his fixation on wordplay and tricking mortals. And yeah, he is fucking creepy. That scene where he stabbed a wooden spoon into a peasant's eye hit me in all the wrong spots.
I wasn't expecting anything of the Shani plot, but I was surprised how much attention they gave her. While her voice acting isn't the best, her interactions with Geralt/Possessed Geralt totally make up for that.
This entire thread will be a spoiler tag lol
I was kind of thinking that's what O'Dimm was, but wasn't really sure. I kept a save right before the finale, so I'll load it up and check it out in the morning. As far as the voice acting of Shani is concerned, I kept detecting a hint of an accent that would bleed though and seemed unintentional, but it didn't really bother me. Made me think of Merril in DA:II (Don't you judge me lol)
And this is about something else. Maybe not aware of but spoiler tags just in case
The Viper School armor! You can buy the diagrams from the old lady in the auction house. I've crafted it but am one level shy of equipping it. Though the traits aren't all that fantastic.

No, he's not a Djin. A Djin obey its masters orders and leave after the third wish...If he doesn't kill the master first. O'Dimm is not an elemental. He must be a very powerful demon, atracted by human matters. I wish to know what he spoke to geralt...
when he solved the riddle...That was disturbing

No, he's not a Djin. A Djin obey its masters orders and leave after the third wish...If he doesn't kill the master first. O'Dimm is not an elemental. He must be a very powerful demon, atracted by human matters. I wish to know what he spoke to geralt...
when he solved the riddle...That was disturbing

Ouw se on coq é coq là sé rwa an lè pil fimié ay.
Shen ggonia monerie, ara scdebi.
Man amaran nai. Nir sauyn fala fashtama azdahznan.

These are the three lines you are talking about I assume.

I searched the subtitles and I found something in the Japanese subtitles that might say what it means, but... google translate leaves a lot to be desired lol.

(seems the forum doesn't like these japanese characters so i made a screenshot)

None of the other languages have it, so I don't have any better languages I can put through google translate. Perhaps someone that speaks Japanese can make sense of these things lol.

Suffice to say it looks like hes saying something like:
(my interpretation of the badly translated lines)
You are primitive.
You think you've defeated me but you are wrong.
I can't be killed, I will be back.

Last edited:
i hope man of glass comes back, i definitely need to introduce him to my silver sword.

Last edited:
i hope man of glass comes back, i definitely need to introduce him to my silver sword.
I don't think you will really have a chance once he stops time, you will probably end up with spoon in your eye :).

I liked the story, it is quite interesting, although a bit to psychedelic. My most favorite moments are wedding and robbing treasury of auction house. I liked the mini-quest "Royal Air Force" :)

A big plus are new opponents which are quite challenging and have stunning skills (THIS.guy.with.the.shovel.).

Last edited:

I searched the subtitles and I found something in the Japanese subtitles that might say what it means, but... google translate leaves a lot to be desired lol.

None of the other languages have it, so I don't have any better languages I can put through google translate. Perhaps someone that speaks Japanese can make sense of these things lol.

You are primitive.

I think your interpretation is close but the first line is more of an insult laden you are free . Thank you for looking it up .

Absolutely loved this expansion, Admittedly, by the time I started playing Wild Hunt, the notorious bad choices you could make to get the absolute worst ending was all over the internet and it was hard not to have a look. So I played Wild Hunt knowing exactly what decisions I had to make regarding Ciri and Romance. HoS on the other hand, I had no clue what the consequences of my decisions would be but amazingly, without reloading, I managed the best possible outcome. All in all probably the best storyline in the game

IMO, Scenes from a Marriage is the best quest in the whole game. Felt like a Resident Evil Silent Hill hybrid with swords. The Caretaker looks like Pyramid Head mixed with Chainsaw Guy. The amount of alternative choices in this expansion, especially the Heist and Wedding activities, makes me wanna replay it immediately, but will have to wait till NG+ PS4 fix is released. I adore everything about Shani. Had the main romance included her as a real option, I would have cut short Geralt's sorceress loving days.

Also, love how main game elements are incorporated in the expansion. In mine Radovid's death was discussed. Also Geralt told the old lady about Vesemir's death. So I wonder how playing this game at different points in the time (way earlier) or making different decisions (Radovid's life) would have affected dialogue. Only thing I would nitpick in HoS is how only a small enter once only portion of Oxenfurt Academy was used. When I first heard about the inclusion of Oxenfurt Academy, I imagined the whole area being opened, being able to play gwent with scholars and random quests involving an underground student movement Shani was involved in.

You are primitive.

The meanings of the Japanese subs are:

You are a cock. You can't do nothing other than in your own shit. (It's a saying that a cock can only be bold on its own dunghill)
Never think that I am defeated. That's not true.
I can't be killed. Now I am gone but I will be back.

lol.
Its not that type of enemy. He is a spiritual, intellectual and moral adversary, not someone who can be fought physically.
That would spoil the entire characterization and purpose of the character.

You are primitive.
Shen ggonia monerie, ara scdebi. = შენ გგონია მომიგე, არა სცდები
This is Georgian and it means: " You think you've won, You are mistaken"
The word monerie is a misspelling though it should be "momige" or "momerie"

I just loved HoS! I played it first time in default mode and kinda of a speedrun, 'cause my own game was useless at that moment. I had really hard time (impossible) to win those Gwent games and that bothered me a lot. Although, I didn't want to collect all those cards again during that game, 'cause I was going to play this again with my own game, own Geralt and already collected cards. So in my first round I missed so much good things and still it was awesome! Now I'm in the middle of my second round in HoS with my own game and things just keeps getting better and better! This time I can really do everything like I want to. Although losing that one Gwent game in my first round with dwarves was hilarious :D

I think all characters in this game are great, even "worthless" NPCs. Some are of course even better than great. But let's talk about HoS characters only. Gaunter O'dim was super creepy and that spoon scene was maybe the best and most stunning WTF moment in this expansion (exposing Olgierd's immortality was another). Because of that, I wanted to help Olgierd later, even though I didn't like him or his gang. Gaunter was even worse and I'm not a bad person to turn down the help :(

Best moments? First time I didn't fight with Olgierd, but second time I did and when that last "head" scene in that battle appeared, I couldn't stop laughing :D Another very good moment was before that auction, with that old lady, if you started HoS before Isle Of Mists. So sad and touching story :'( Caretaker was creepy too! When I first saw his face, I was like WOW! Tax collector was hilarious :rofl:Wedding scene was hilarious too! That ghost was so annoying, I hated him starting the first time I met him :D And when he possessed my "Geralt the good manners gentleman", that was just great.

If I have to mention something I didn't like that much, was that quest when you try to solve that riddle while saving Olgierd.
I just hate every quest in every game made like that! Every time I'm in hurry under a timer, I panic and get stuck everywhere! It was easy when you figured it out, but first try was really annoying!
Shani wasn't my favorite. I romanced her anyway in my first round, 'cause I wanted to see those scenes with her. Now with my second round I want to see how things go if I don't romance her. She's a nice girl, but not my Geralt's type. After all, she liked that weirdo ghost who possessed my "Geralt the good manners"...

Olgierd's wife was so sad story and very touching. That whole manor was spooky and creepy from the beginning. I liked that quest. Also Without A Trace was very nicely done. I almost missed something there but thanks for this forum, I finally got the answer for that odd ending. I had missed something there! It's nice that CDPR puts us to really concentrate what NPCs are telling us and not putting quest markers in every corner. Quest marker is nice if you want just complete the quest, but if you want to see everything, you have to pay attention!

Shen ggonia monerie, ara scdebi. = შენ გგონია მომიგე, არა სცდები
This is Georgian and it means: " You think you've won, You are mistaken"
The word monerie is a misspelling though it should be "momige" or "momerie"

Thanks a lot for that[. Then I hope to see him again in BaW... :yes He's a "character" you can use everywhere without a story problem...

i hope someone makes a gif of the "find the shoe" scene where Geralt/Vlodomir takes off his shirt...and then pants...and the eyes of the ladies grow wide. "oh my."

most hilarious moment in witcher 3 hands down.

Just finished mine, so let me add mine to your thread..

The haunted house and surreal painting main quest was a complete misery. It was well done, but i didn't like it at all. Boo to that.

Somehow, even with more surreal garbage at the end, i somehow, even after all this crap, felt like hos was completely witcher, so yay for that!!

The wedding quest was so much fun. Spending 2-3 hours going to a wedding, doing fun stuff, and taking my date out on a lake afterwards was complete brilliance, I cant state how much i love this style of indulgent fun storytelling content, like the kaer moren drinks scene, and the brief tavern scene in witcher 2. So very good this.. more!!

Yeah not bad. Not excellent because I really didn't like being stuck in a haunted house, painting, and to cap it off a really annoying boss fight..

The bealty about Witcher universe is that some entities can be interpreted as Religious beings or something with a science bases in its universe.

Master Mirror can be both Satan from a more superstitious point of view or a Lovecraftian esque powerfull entity from another world like the Crones mother as a example.

gaunter o'dim is both the dark side of Gerald,Olgierd and his ghost brother as well, I will love if the decision in the ending of Herts of Stone influence the endings of the main plot as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom