Thoughts on influencers/youtubers being NPCs in the game

+

Are you OK with having youtubers in the game as NPCs and having quests tied to them?

• Yes.

• No.

• Should be smaller easter egg like the farting trolls in Witcher 3.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another steamer added to this game, never heard of this person to be honest until I came across this tweet from Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit

Another steamer added to this game, never heard of this person to be honest until I came across this tweet from Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit

Gonna be brutally honest. This breaks immersion pretty hard. Not because it's a known streamer, but because of the art. It's a real photo with some photoshop. Every other advertisement we have seen in gameplay footage is in the game's art style. This is a jarring change and will probably throw people off when they see it. Obviously it won't be a distraction literally every time it is on screen, but it is such a drastic difference in art style.

I mean, they wouldn't throw Goku on one of the in-game advertisements for this reason. Why not just recreate this streamer using in-game assets?

Guest 4406876

This game is getting so much branded and merchandising it starts to feel like a jar of peanut butter with Mickey Mouse on it. And it's flashy as fuck with the palette choice and colors...Idk...the very first screenshot ever released for CP was much better for my taste...I guess we'll see.
It gives me the same sensation of a box of skittles atm.

I guess I'm lucky enough to not know 99% of the so called "influencers", that this would manage to hurt my experience much, but it still is pretty fucking retarded to enmass them in the game just for favorable (p)reviews and visibility that would be there nonetheless.

As so many have said, seeing/hearing "real-life" figures in the game is poison to the "immersion" that is allegedly so frivolously sought after by the devs.

Real advertising is alot more subtle and frankly, insideous. This feels like Rockstar's version of the future. It's way too on the nose and satirical while the rest of the game isn't.

Mike Pondsmith did have this kind of humor in Cyberpunk 2020 though right? Particularly with the media’s. This isn’t the real world it’s a world where this stuff is normalized.

Man i really feel bad for these three,they did an incredible job covering the lore and news for Cyberpunk yet sadly they dont get anything compared to other youtubers who just jump on the bandwagon,im not saying they should be in the game im personally against the whole thing,but i think they atleast deserve to play the demo and im pretty sure they will cover it WAAAAY better than anyone that has done it before since they know the ins and outs of Cyberpunk lore.

Well said and it is sad they were excluded from the 4 hour hands on previews.

Top Bottom