Thoughts on the Master Marksman Achievement...

+
Thoughts on the Master Marksman Achievement...

so I'm somewhat of an Achievement Hunter and after what felt like an eternity of going back and forth from Vizima to Devil's Pit trying to unlock this, i finally did it last night (Crossbow skills + Axii are the key!). To say that it was tedious and frustrating is an understatement. i mean really? 50 headshot kills using the crossbow? :what2:

initially i thought the gwent cards achievement was going to be hard but if you follow the gwent location checklist, it's actually not so bad.

at least if there was a progress indicator in the character stats (eg number of headshot kills) the players can know that they're going somewhere. (included in a future patch maybe?)

i'm glad that the achievements in Hearts of Stone were reasonable (only the Wild Rose Dethorned glitched on me) so i hope the ones in Blood & Wine would follow that as well. (and please none of that loot all smugglers cache/hidden treasures in the map stuff) :)

So what was your least favorite trophy in the game guys?

RageGT

Forum veteran
My latest and final one to 100% completion, fighting all 6 Iris' Nightmares at the same time! In DM always! Ouch!

Got the Wild Rose Dethorned without glitches this time.

I agree that 50 headshots seems too much. What I did was run around Devil's pit, get them all stuck at the game, burn the hell out of them and them shoot, respec'ed with all crossbows perks. A few died from the fire but took only one or two shots to kill every other thug. Rinse and repeat. Boring.

for the Iris Nightmare trophy i had to reduce the difficulty and just whirl them away because taking on those nightmares in Death March (even 1 to 1) was quite the... nightmare for me.

wild rose glitched on my in my first playthrough. Haven't dared to finish it on my second playthrough until they release a patch.

Otherwise, I have all achievements. Marksman was definitely the most annoying.
Actually, all those : 'do this X times' achievements were annoying. Why not just have them done 1 time? At least like that you have achievements which can happen during a normal playthrough without you knowing they exist. And then you have the feeling of like, oh hey! I did something cool and the game rewards me for it (like aard-ing someone from a ledge, letting axii kill a friend, ...)! Now it's just grindingly annoying.

Before...it was "Overkill" for its annoyance,Master Marksman wasn't annoying at all cuz I just kept trying...at some point I thought it may had bugged but I just kept doing the Axii trick and it popped eventually.
Now when I saw "Moo-rderer" and its requirements it instantly became my most hated trophy.I mean for real...?....just stupid.

the one with the cows? unless you're a vegan you can farm them in one go during the day. felt bad doing it though haha

so I'm somewhat of an Achievement Hunter and after what felt like an eternity of going back and forth from Vizima to Devil's Pit trying to unlock this, i finally did it last night (Crossbow skills + Axii are the key!). To say that it was tedious and frustrating is an understatement. i mean really? 50 headshot kills using the crossbow? :what2:

initially i thought the gwent cards achievement was going to be hard but if you follow the gwent location checklist, it's actually not so bad.

at least if there was a progress indicator in the character stats (eg number of headshot kills) the players can know that they're going somewhere. (included in a future patch maybe?)

i'm glad that the achievements in Hearts of Stone were reasonable (only the Wild Rose Dethorned glitched on me) so i hope the ones in Blood & Wine would follow that as well. (and please none of that loot all smugglers cache/hidden treasures in the map stuff) :)

So what was your least favorite trophy in the game guys?

It took me 1 hour to get it. I had all the bow upgrades but not axii. I guess I had a lot of headshots from the story-mode cause I didnt need more than around 20 to get the trophy. it was the most boring trophy imo and even though it looks like you get a headshot it wont count as one unless the whole screen "shakes".

i've just unlocked Wild Rose. had to create a new HoS game just for it and i proceeded to clear the bandit camps one by one. as long as it works eh guys?

Top Bottom