Thoughts on the Succubus after the lock-becomes-mainstream patch?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the Succubus after the lock-becomes-mainstream patch?

I was pretty happy with my Succubus pre-patch. Not an extremely good card, but good enough and fun to play. However, now that the new patch has trivialized unit locking by making it a bronze ability, I'm not sure how the Succubus can be used in this new environment. With a gold card that you play on your side of the board locking means that you don't get to use its ability, but at least you still get the points. However playing a Succubus on your opponent's side and having it locked not only deprives you from its ability, you are actually giving away points to your opponent. I guess you could try to play it only when you have Shackles yourself to unlock it if need be, but nevertheless this puts the card in a very unconfortable position. Is this card collateral damage from the massive change introduced by the locking mechanic going mainstream (which, incientally, completely dwarfs the change introduced by the new positioning mechanic in my opinion)?

Its about time to find new ways to play the game, But thats what makes card games fun. Oh watch out for them radovid decks now, they love to lock.

With all the locking going on, no gold card with a continuous or delayed ability is safe. It hurts more for Succubus because you are giving your opponent strength. It's true and I am not sure how you can play Succubus in this meta without having another locking card in hand or playing it as the final card in round 3.

Well, she was a proud member of Wild Boar club since her release. While Captain of the ship managed to turn his life around, he remembers what it means to be an absolute trash of a card. Aboard that renowned vessel, cards that are utterely useless in game discussed how cruel their creators were. Succubus had her redeeming highlights, but her average output solidified her membership there. And this patch she got an extended VIP membership, basicly taking the leading seat at monsters table. On last meeting she invited couple of silver friends, Frightener and Grave hag, to discuss bronze immigrants from other factions outperforming them. As a result, they concluded that monsters arent allowed to have interesting cards, and scrapping is inevetiable. Frightener went all-buddihst and hoped to be reincarnated as an Impera Brigade, or at least a Spotter. Something that actually works.
On a more serious note, if her ability was to steal a unit and double its attack, she still probably wouldnt be played.

Last edited:
isnadtochiev;n8214260 said:
Well, she was a proud member of Wild Boar club since her release. While Captain of the ship managed to turn his life around, he remembers what it means to be an absolute trash of a card. Aboard that renowned vessel, cards that are utterely useless in game discussed how cruel their creators were. Succubus had her redeeming highlights, but her average output solidified her membership there. And this patch she got an extended VIP membership, basicly taking the leading seat at monsters table. On last meeting she invited couple of silver friends, Frightener and Grave hag, to discuss bronze immigrants from other factions outperforming them. As a result, they concluded that monsters arent allowed to have interesting cards, and scrapping is inevetiable. Frightener went all-buddihst and hoped to be reincarnated as an Impera Brigade, or at least a Spotter. Something that actually works.
On a more serious note, if her ability was to steal a unit and double its attack, she still probably wouldnt be played.

You win the thread.

Moderator please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom