Thoughts, Suggestion.. feedback for CDPR on CP77 (may contain minor spoilers)

+
Hi all!

Really enjoying CP77 on PC!.. feels like the 'perfect' balance between Fallout and GTA (game wise). Two of my mains (FO, GTA) right there!

Now before anyone says NY Cop style.. 'yeah we'll get on that after we solve all the murders'.. I have been reporting any bugs I found before sitting down to make my suggestions.. of which I have a few.. so please grab a coffee or tea, relax and indulge me for 10 mins..

Delamain Auto-Drive

I was sad to see, we do not get the option of the Taxi service, where we set a waypoint and Del drives us to that waypoint. I use the fast travel points sure.. but if I have been playing for a few hours and want a break.. I would enjoy setting a waypoint, calling on Del and getting in as a passenger.. choose the radio station and just watching Night City roll by as I IRL have a smoke and a drink. It was one of my favorite things to do in GTA IV.. give myself 5 to 10 minutes to relax a little before going back into the battle. I would very much like to see this feature in CP77 also via a update.

Lover Companions

I have just finished Judy's questline but haven't started dating her yet (I chose a female Corpo).. but I was surprised when I saw you could get her a companion unofficially by skipping out on the mission (half way through) when you go to get Evelyn. I tried this.. and yes it worked! she wasn't.. *great* but good enough for an option that I feel companions could be included in the game.

I suggest one companion and that they must be lovers.. I don't see any need for a separate questline to get them to accompany you, just once yous are dating you can ask them to come along. I would also make them unkillable.. with a large caveat; for each time they die they get a stack that cuts their damage out in half, stacks last 1 min and can stack 10 times.. but conversely.. if they live for a minute or over during combat, their damage doubles, can stack 2 times (so 4 times damage out).

The ability to give them (non iconic) weapons, that you've spec'd yourself would be nice.. not essential but nice. (weapons are not returned so.. no iconics)

The above.. I feel would be very easy to drop into the game as all the systems are already in place with minimal work.

Second Skippy Quest

I saw on YT when researching the {int_0} bug (?) .. that Regina eventually gets Skippy off you (you can choose not to by avoiding completing the quest.. but this is not explained, if you get him back)

Skippy is like my pet dog.. sure he bites people occasionally but for the most part I think he is a good dog and I want to keep him. I would also like to finish the quest for Regina.. so why not a second Skippy quest where he malfunctions again.. shoots her a few times.. then starts shooting everyone in her office.. imagine this tiny gun having them all pinned down.. comedy in Skippy's style! You then have to 'talk Skippy down' and assure him, you won't leave him with the bossy lady again.
Fail the quest and he insta-death one shots you in the head.

After promising you won't leave Skippy with Regina again.. he makes you the 'Root User: Access Granted' .. for the reward you can change his modes every 50 kills and even take his survey.. also praise him with 'Good Boy Skippy!'

Mark Items as Important/Iconics indestructible

I'm a veteran DCUO player, I have currently retired from the game, but there is a system they have which springs to mind that would be very reassuring in CP77. Mark a item as 'important' meaning you need to double confirm its destruction. I would extend this to making Iconics indestructible.. or if that was unpopular with other players, just having a setting in the options menu, a check box saying whether or not to be able to destroy said item. The player decides.. and I can stop worrying when I am doing my inventory maintenance, I will accidently destroy an Iconic.

Thanks for reading.. and I hope we (on PC at least) have many DLCs to look forward too.. not just some AoC micros.. but proper DLC.

Dava

---------------------

Companion Stacks names... was thinking stack of Chuck Norris for the double buff.. or 'I'm a whoose' for half debuff.. but none of those names really chimed with me.. hehe just thought of one.. a stack of 'Ace Rimmers' for the double buff.. HAHA

------------

UPDATE 03/Jan/2021

Just found out about the 'Fingers Ripperdoc' thing.. man! I like many other players felt this is unfair twist. And I am probably imagining it but.. in my game I wasn't given the option to not punch him.. I remember, because I was thinking I had let Charles Buck go for the discount.. the final option for me was 'punch' and no other options.. but again I may be imagining this.

This was sometime ago in my games.. I can't go back and redo all I have done.. it's too much for me right now. Besides it would fairer to players to give them a second option..

Please indulge me a little further..

What if we got a text from Charles Buck saying he had gotten in a fight with Fingers and Fingers had stole all his Cyberware and he wanted you to get it back.. and while getting it back, you just clean Fingers out of his own cyberware and give it Charles.. at an additional 5% discount. (this is all done through texts so no additional voice acting required) Charles tells you he is 'not as good a Ripperdoc' as Fingers and you require 2 extra stat points per cyberware 'just to make sure'.

If you killed Charles, or made him flee.. another Ripperdoc could be in his place but require 4 extra stat points.

After the quest Charles has a few extra Legendary items, including ones we don't currently have in the game.. like 'Stephenson Tech Optics' with a night vision version of scan and times 6 zoom. Price: 1,000,000 + 22 int. 'Ultima Tech Combat Legs' .. banned on the civilian market, these would give limited flight capabilities to the user, double jump + hover + double jump again + hover.. etc, I imagine them as leftover tech from the war (Legendary/Iconic). Price = 3,500,000 + 22 Body.

All prices include Charles' discount and reqs.. for any other Ripperdoc add 25% and + 2 stat reqs.

Last edited:
I completed CP77 a couple of nights ago.. after 300h of play..

Yeah.. I really wrung every drop of gameplay out of this game.. because I was enjoying it :)

After going away.. what did I think?

Pros:
I loved it. Despite the 'feeling' it was to be a much much larger game.. my 300h were pretty packed. imho.. I think CDPR *were* going for Fallout levels of story.. giving us a couple of thousand hours of gameplay, but with everything ala~ bugs, schedules, the rework of having Mr.Reeves.. I think tons of content got cut. Not that having Johnny along was a bad thing.. I got to be chooms with Keanu Reeves like I was in a movie, I instantly took to him.. and I ended up with 60% affinity, pretty decent considering my answers were honest.

Systems
The hacking and quickhacking of enemies was an excellent system.. in fact many of the systems were excellent!

I know the bugs.. and flip.. if we can excuse Bethesda some of their bugs, I think we can be a bit milder towards CDPR.. not the console community, but us on PC.. the console community is another thing entirely, how badly their port was .. I seen it on YT and it was BAD.

But on PC.. we got to see how it was.. (almost) supposed to work.. and I think CP77 is going to be joining my mains should another enterprise ever be in the works. I innately understood how to work everything.. I didn't need to learn anything and that was SUCH A BIG PRO <3.. not having to learn a new system because it's a new game. I just knew how it worked by seeing it, so then I could focus on the combat and story more which for an RPG.. just brings you more and more into that world and that character.

Having to learn new systems bring you *out* of the game and into yourself.. just being able to forget; essential. kudos to CDPR for that.

Radio
Radio has been excellent.. whoever was your Music Director.. BRAVA! I'm listening to 'Isometric Air' as I write this.

Level and City Design
Despite.. certain problems.. much of the city and its scalability is 'breathtaking'!.. no joke.
The map holes.. I hope will be fixed in time, just add collision and done :)

I got the feeling at one point.. CDPR were trying to take on the 'Great White Whale'.. the thing gamers have been whispering about since GTA3. Full Cities. wow.. It is a herculean task and one day.. someone will do it, that every room is filled, every shop is used able, knock on any door and if they are in they will answer because they actually live there..
It is without a doubt the GWW of City building for Devs.. and the thought that CDPR *even had a go at it* again .. BRAVA!
(the shell boxes with a few items are a VERY welcome addition.. thank you!)

'The Biotechnica Terraformation Kit'
I see CDPR are welcoming modding.. this also means PC community patches and fixes (unofficial patches) and wider and more general CP77 modding. In that vein.. perhaps they should work with Cyber Engine Tweaks ModDev team to create the above.. much like the GECK was to Bethesda.. I enjoy naming things so I had a go above.. the BTK

I would like to see closer working with Devs and ModDevs.. as this would be friendly.. without the ugliness of money getting involved (microtransactions). And if a ModDev team make a DLC that's fit for mainstream.. making a deal like BlackMesa did with Valve.. would I feel the smart way to go*.

*you can download the ModDLC on Nexus for free, but if you want; CDPR support, Cloud Saves, Auto-Updates & GOG/Steam Achievements.. then pay the £4.99 and support the ModDev team and CDPR. If not, then do it yourself manually (or via NMM/Vortex). It's £14.99 for BlackMesa, but that's a full game, for a ModDLC.. 5er seems fair imho. No charge for AoCs.. AoCs while welcome are just fluff (Add-on-Content) still can't believe Bethesda charged for a load of AoCs for FO4.

Update 08/Feb/2021 :

I forgot to add about Skippy.

Many times Skippy had me howling with laughter or just feeling like a badaz.
One time iirc he said 'This girl is angry. you're all going to die.' just as the combat music started.. it made me feel like a badaz, coz yes, they were going to die. I thought perhaps a more appropriate thing for Skippy to say would have been 'My Mistress is angry. Please have your affairs in order before preceding.' I laughed for a solid 20 minutes thinking about this, off and on.

It's a little unfair, that if I want to finish all the missions that I have to lose Skippy to do so.. an option to keep him or opportunity to get him back would be welcomed.

Cons:

Secret Ending Not Triggering
Stupid secret ending wouldn't trigger even though I had over 50% affinity and had told Johnny he 'saved my life'.. that was annoying.

My char is a total badaz! I can run and gun (3500+ armor), netrun,engineer, use the 'reverse gear'* .. I really didn't need anyone to come with me and die.. so, when the secret end wouldn't trigger MAN I WAS RAGING! Being 50% in agreement with your friends.. is OK.. I don't need to be 100.. Johnny didn't do anything wrong.. V chose to put them chip in.. Johnny rebooted them.. he was just a passenger. Sure I didn't like him 100% of the time.. but none of that was his fault. Me and JH had just gotten to know each other but had become tight chooms.. no.. 50%+ and telling him he saved your life should be the only requirements imho.

Why? because Devs don't know how people will take things.. I mean I would select a dialogue option and V would say something similar but different.. with a totally opposite timber to what I was meaning when I clicked the button. No.. that's not fair.. certainly not for an RPG where RP (Role Play) is an integral part.

The Fingers Situation
Still annoyed about this.. I mean there's that other Ripperdoc you save from a bunch of.. iirc Maelstrom.. then for the rest of the game you just see her driving around in a car with her brother in iirc North Watson..

Couldn't she have the gear? even as a unmarked quest.. Not that I tried this, but what if once you did the BD Bath Tub mission* .. once you clear the place out.. couldn't she set up a legitimate shop there? I mean you could even make it a mission, where V has to invest some cash and gets a weekly cut of the profit but also a discount like Charles Buck.

Spongey Cars
Spongey brakes, spongey steering.. all of this needs tightened up.. or at least bring back the car mechanic garage content as a AoC so we can choose our own. (this was cut from the final game)

Re-rolling
I hear rerolling is being removed.. wow.. seems like a nasty move.. I didn't see CDPR as a nasty company, it's a single player game.. that's really not friendly towards players imho.

Neutral

I found the disused upper roadways.. wow that was great to just drive around, but I also got to guess how much more content was cut.. I mean .. I think many people myself included got to see the hidden monorail system station.. I would love to see all of this reintroduced when it is ready. Flying cars too.

I had remained friendly to Maelstrom.. having a Maelstrom ending would have been nice.. but then again Royce didn't even remember me, but Dum-Dum did in the later mission. In future DLC if they aren't killed of.. would like a gift of their legendaries (I managed to escape without alerting them with Nancy).

Textures
Textures were.. decent.. I have a 2080ti and was getting around 30fps.. Misty was particularly detailed, however many weren't to that level. For what I was seeing.. it didn't seem to justify the low FPS.

Gorilla Arms
An easy way out the description problem is to give + 3 body for wearing Gorilla Arms. n/a for basic stat + cyberware.
(Rare/+2 doors only.. Epic/+3 doors/+2 Turrets.. Legendary/+3 doors + turrets)

I have more thoughts.. but I have to go get food and attend to things. Thanks for reading!

Dava

*special cyberware for the 'cool' tree.
*unmarked.. ohw I forgot about that need to go back and do it, I just bailed as it made me feel stupid and *seemed* by his comments to give me lower affinity with Johnny. Didn't want to take the chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom