Thronebreaker Cards Cost More to Craft

+
Why does it cost 3200 scraps to craft Isbel of Hagge?? I believe no other gold cards are more than 800. Is this intentional or an error that will be fixed?

Why does it cost 3200 scraps to craft Isbel of Hagge?? I believe no other gold cards are more than 800. Is this intentional or an error that will be fixed?
I believe it's because it's a Thronebreaker card. Many of them are more expensive to craft.

I get that she practically steals a card of choice, or has the ability to do so at least, but that doesn't mean she dictates the flow of the game because of that. She can be very disruptive, i get that, but so can a lot of other legendary cards and i don't see those costing 3.2k scraps. It's a lot of scraps to be fair and i'm just not seeing the reason for that. Couple that with the fact that she has an order ability not deploy, and she quickly loses value as she can be locked or destroyed by the time she can do something of worth, unless of course i give her zeal. Which of course i won't do. I really haven't seen another card with such a high cost to craft, but then again i haven't really been paying that much attention to most cards.

Thronebreaker card. All of them are super expensive, but their normal versions automatically come with Thronebreaker (on GOG and console versions of TB, that is).

That makes no sense. It's almost as if the price is driven up so you can get EVEN MORE rewarded for buying Thronebreaker.

It shouldn't have such a big impact on gwent, i mean players are already getting rewarded in gwent for having TB.

When it comes to CCGs it’s kind of normal that you get new cards together with a story expansion. Besides, in some CCG‘s it‘s not even possible to craft these cards without buying the expansion. Fortunately, that‘s not the case in Gwent and you can do fine without the TB cards.

As for the reward points you get in Gwent for playing TB, personally, I kind of agree that this is not necessary.

Are there any plans to reduce the craft cost and scrap value of Thronebreaker cards to normal (800/200) in the next balance patch or expansion? I am thinking of scrapping all my Thronebreaker cards in advance if such a change is planned.

Are there any plans to reduce the craft cost and scrap value of Thronebreaker cards to normal (800/200) in the next balance patch or expansion? I am thinking of scrapping all my Thronebreaker cards in advance if such a change is planned.
Sure. Stick it to the poor frs that PAYED MONEY for TB.

I mean, knowing how CDPR operates it won't actually surprise me anymore, but still.

Sure. Stick it to the poor frs that PAYED MONEY for TB.

I mean, knowing how CDPR operates it won't actually surprise me anymore, but still.

It wouldn't be a crime though. You paid for Thronebreaker and that's what you get. Getting these TB cards and having them be so expensive is nothing more than a bonus, you shouldn't feel entitled to it. After all paying for a game and expecting to be rewarded in another makes no sense.

That said it would have been nice if TB remained as the single player campaign for gwent. Bit sad that they made TB into a standalone game, although i agree it's kinda too good to remain as the SP campaign of a F2P CCG game. It's still possible for them to work on that and give us one. It gets boring after a while, repetitive ranking games and occasional arena.

DRK3

Forum veteran
When i read the title of the thread, i thought OP meant the provision cost of Isbel...

I like the current crafting system - cards craft cost depend only on rarity, not on how powerful they are. And TB cards should cost more permanently, just like if there are more paid expansions, the cards should cost more. Its already fair that they're not exclusive to owners of said expansion/game.

I can't believe this guy here is complaining about how OTHER people are "entitled" because TB cards cost more scrap meanwhile he's complaining about crafting costs for expansion cards that can be selectively crafted and aren't paywalled in the most generous f2p game probably ever. You might want to take a look in the mirror before you start throwing "entitled" around Bogdan

It wouldn't be a crime though. You paid for Thronebreaker and that's what you get...
Not a crime, yes, for sure. But considering that HC is TB Multiplayer extension (as it says in the game itself), maybe you'll need to think on this again.

Just like I'll think again if I should buy anything from the said developer after a move like this one.

... actually, no - I won't think twice. ;)

It's not really wrong. You CAN get those cards, but you don't HAVE to. And it shouldn't necessarily be easy to collect all cards, even if you pay.

The core of this game is?
1. Playing matches
2. Building a collection
3. Building decks

No?

I'm not exactly sure what it takes to build a great collection of all factions, but 60 kegs at €70 is not exactly cheap. So unless you pay thousands of Euro, you can't get a full collection without alot of effort.

At least that I know of. I watched a stream once, and the guy had like 15000 scraps. Seemed like alot to me, but it's not really that much. But I assume the guy had a very good collection.

Not everyone is suppose to have a full collection! I mean, playing Gwent on Witcher 3, that is one of the core aspects. Collecting cards. That's part of what is good about Gwent. I think most people can build great decks and have fun without necessarily having a great collection, a decent or a good collection will also go quite far.

Gabor Zigran Cost

I am showing a crafting cost of 3200 for this card. Is this correct or is my version bugged. If it is correct, why so expensive.

rrc

Forum veteran
Just to add to it, if you purchase TB (using the same gog account), you get all the TB cards added to your account. To acquire the premium version, you have to play TB and explore thoroughly and open something called "Golden Chests" all over the world.

Reynard Odo from Northern Realms costs 3200 scraps to craft.Reynard Odo from Northern Realms costs 3200 scraps to craft.

Top Bottom