Thronebreaker Corrupted Save File

+
Hi after putting it up for a long time i finally started playing thronebreaker.

love the story and the game. after a good 30 hours now my pc looked up and i had to restart, sadly this happened while the game was auto saving a now my save file is corrupted. i was like 30 mimnutes from taking back rivia castle just cleaning up the last map and now i cant continue.

is there anyway to salvage this. i ve attached my save game folder. the corrupted save is 3 hours after the last snapshot save slot. i tried deleting the corrupted save hoping the game would use the one before that but it wont. tried running the game in offline mode hoping it would not use a corrupted cloud save but that also didnt work.
this is on steam by the way

can someone help me ?

i know there are loads of different endings and path in the game but still another 30 hours to get where i was before is just too much of an investment and i rather would know where my chosen path leads than having to start over again.

Attachments

• SaveData.zip
    77.2 KB · Views: 195
Bit late, but I found a fix for anyone having this problem:
Go to your game save folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Thronebreaker\SaveData
You should see 3-6 files. The first file, usually named CAMPAIGN_SAVE_NorthernRealms_Slot_0 is probably empty, if it is, Great, this fix should work for you.

IMPORTANT!!!: Backup all files into a seperate folder before proceeding!

Open the file with notepad and paste this in (be sure that your mouse is on the very first line when pasting):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SaveSlot>
<Snapshots>
<e0 Type="CampaignSaveData">
<Index>1</Index>
<Episode>0</Episode>
<LocKey>a</LocKey>
<SaveKey>NorthernRealms_Slot_0_Snapshot_1</SaveKey>
<TimestampTicks>637232850420191926</TimestampTicks>
</e0>
<e1 Type="CampaignSaveData">
<Index>2</Index>
<Episode>1</Episode>
<LocKey>a</LocKey>
<SaveKey>NorthernRealms_Slot_0_Snapshot_2</SaveKey>
<TimestampTicks>637234442201700675</TimestampTicks>
</e1>
<e2 Type="CampaignSaveData">
<Index>3</Index>
<Episode>2</Episode>
<LocKey>Default</LocKey>
<SaveKey>NorthernRealms_Slot_0_Snapshot_3</SaveKey>
<TimestampTicks>637246229581321484</TimestampTicks>
</e2>
</Snapshots>
<Slot>0</Slot>
<CampaignID>NorthernRealms</CampaignID>
<CreationTicks>637232848769150773</CreationTicks>
<SaveKey>NorthernRealms_Slot_0</SaveKey>
</SaveSlot>

Now, depending on which episode the file got corrupt, you would need to add more lines or remove some.
My file got corrupt on the start of Mahakam, so you see there are lines for episode 0,1,2. If your latest save is one episode later let's say, then you would need to add: ( add it directly after</e2>)

<e3 Type="CampaignSaveData">
<Index>3</Index>
<Episode>3</Episode>
<LocKey>Default</LocKey>
<SaveKey>NorthernRealms_Slot_0_Snapshot_4</SaveKey>
<TimestampTicks>637246229581321484</TimestampTicks>
</e3>

Now, this <SaveKey> thing is very important.
Open all other files in the folder and take note of the <Current Episode> on the third line and also the name of the file.
If the Current Episode is 0, then that's your save file for Lyria, 1 for Aedirn and so on. If you have multiple files for one region, use the latest one for that region.
In the main file, on every <Savekey> line, you need to paste in the name of the file, containing the corresponding episode and also change the <Index> line, depending on the name of the file (ex. NorthernRealms_Slot_0_Snapshot_3, Index should be 3) Note: If you are not using the first default slot for your save, change </Slot> line appropriately.

After you've done everything, save the file and launch the game.

Top Bottom