Thronebreaker Crashing and Framerate Issues [PS4]

+
So after all my issues yesterday, it has worked perfectly since. And I haven't restarted the PS4 nor the game. Just put the PS4 to rest a few times. Weird!

So after all my issues yesterday, it has worked perfectly since. And I haven't restarted the PS4 nor the game. Just put the PS4 to rest a few times. Weird!

Hm. That sounds like it could potentially be an overheating issue. Does the system have enough room to breath?

Alternatively, it is possible that something wasn't quite installed fully yet. I'm noticing that it's becoming pretty common for things to install in the "background" while the system is being used actively for other things (like actually playing the game that's being installed o_O). While it technically does "work"...at times...it's very unsound reasoning. Doing so actually requires a LOT of system resources to be available, and it's very likely that a console (and most PCs) will not be able to complete the process without needing to suspend it. Suspending an installation process is not a "good thing". In general, I'd leave the system completely unused while anything is installing. (No idea if this even applies to your situation; just throwing it out there.)

Hm. That sounds like it could potentially be an overheating issue. Does the system have enough room to breath?

Alternatively, it is possible that something wasn't quite installed fully yet. I'm noticing that it's becoming pretty common for things to install in the "background" while the system is being used actively for other things (like actually playing the game that's being installed o_O). While it technically does "work"...at times...it's very unsound reasoning. Doing so actually requires a LOT of system resources to be available, and it's very likely that a console (and most PCs) will not be able to complete the process without needing to suspend it. Suspending an installation process is not a "good thing". In general, I'd leave the system completely unused while anything is installing. (No idea if this even applies to your situation; just throwing it out there.)

Appreciate the feedback. Overheating - I don't think that's the problem. Also, with the times it crashed, I didn't notice any increase in the fan speed. Also, when I say 'crash', it usually stopped on a loading screen, load icon still spinning, but nothing happening. Able to quit program and start again no worries. So not a full on console freeze.

The installation theory is interesting. I have no idea how the PS4 installs files, but when I turned it on one day, it said the update was installed. And I don't believe you can play a game while any updating/installation is happening. Anyway, maybe it didn't quite finish updating, and then when I put it to sleep, it was able to do the last bit. I can't see how that could happen, but hey, it seems to work now!

Wild theory, but maybe the first hour or two of the game was/is particularly buggy? That was where I had my issues.

Beside all negative critics to the devs, I now have to say thank you to the devs.
Since the last patch (1.02) I dont have any problems with crashes in the game!
Thank you very very much. There are still some little freezes, but now I can play the game withput having the fear that the battle I'm about to win is getting reseted =)

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, I bought the game on 12/15/2018, after 20 minutes of game the first freezing occurred, after closing the game manually and returning to the game after a few minutes a new freeze occurred.

Same here. Game crashes on PS4 Pro almost every single session :/ I don't remember such situation since PS4 launch and think Sony should interviene here..

I just finished this game on my ps4 slim and i didnt had any crash. There were some frame drops and stutters here and there, and some lack of audio in some scenes but overall it was a good experience. While the story is awsome the combat and puzzles are boring in my opinion. I played on easy dificulty with skippin battles just for the story ( awsome story ) and for the golden chests !!!
The only issue i had was the infinite loadin screen when i was starting the game but its easy to solve that : restart the console.
Oh, and if i look into my deck in a battle my opponent doesnt play a card anymore and i have to restart... but its fine since after that i was goin easy mode
Sorry for my english

You do realise that game freezing resulting in forced restart is crashing? When I was writing about crashes I had in mind those permanent freezes.

Same thing, i loved CDPR so much, but thronebreaker is unplayable on PS4Pro.

Already tried to reload console and game.
Same here. If I wouldn't like the Witcher universe and the idea of this game so much, I'd already quit playing it and asked for a refund.

I've never experienced such a buggy game on PS4 before, and I have the console since release and played quite a few games... I can live with a bad framerate etc., but consistent soft crashes that make it impossible to continue playing a game are a no-go... Wondering if that game went through QA at all.

Just two examples from last play session. And something like this occurs every play session, without a exemption.

As of 2021 it's still crashing frequently. How can you not have fixed this in all these years? I'm playing on PS5 btw

Top Bottom