Thronebreaker Gameplay — 37-minute walkthrough

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Return to the dark and brutal world of The Witcher with 37 minutes of the official gameplay from Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales!

In this video we’ll show you a glimpse of the world, talk about the story (no spoilers!), game mechanics and explain how the card battles work.

Ah, the closing conversation with Eyck is a nice touch.

I must say, I enjoy the occasional archaisms in the dialogue. It shall be a positive pleasure to examine the writing more closely! Only 11 more days to go!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I'd like to watch the video but I will still resist because I want to have a completely blind experience and discover everything myself :p
It's really tempting to watch though!

Nice video; couldn`t resist to watch. I think you implemented a load of good things (resource management, equipment for the leader, great dialogues). Consider me sold.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the writing just feels cheesy to me and since everything outside the cardgame is the writing... that's a bit of a deal-breaker. Reminds me of Telltale Games and those never appealed to me (also, they're closing down for a reason). Reckon I'd only play this spin-off if I were a die-hard fan of Gwent or the Witcher series, and I'm neither. At least, Homecoming isn't exactly the Gwent I enjoy.

One interesting thing to note is that it seems the 2-of bronze limit is being removed, so that's a step in the right direction. Armor is also good to see, as it was conspicuously absent from PTR, although that particular armor-based engine looks like it will get nuked or locked long before it powers out something good. Row limits in 2-row HC are disconcerting though.

Last edited:
Didn't watch dont want ANYthing spoiled.
But cant wait only few day's left gonna be so good to return to Witcher world once more.

Top Bottom