Thronebreaker is going to be standalone now

+

It really wasn't ALWAYS the case though. Like, Thronebreaker, initially, was going to be a paid expansion for Gwent, which would add the single player campaign. some extra cards, the map, etc. But it wasn't going to be standalone was the last info. You couldn't play Thronebreaker without owning Gwent. It wasn't going to be mandatory but the news that it's standalone I am sure are pretty recent. Like, IGN and Eurogamer and the rest of the gaming news websites literally just reported on that.

Since TB is a single player campaign, you gonna play alone for sure, your char will stand alone in TB's world.
So => Standalone, I guess :)).

Thronebreaker is a DLC basically or in Gwent case a pay to play mini-game, they use cards to battle while there is a story to explore. Nothing new as we heard them talk about this so long ago, so mannnnyyyy times. I literally don't want to hear more news other than release date and price. That is news.

I'd say it's essential that Thronebreaker can also be played as stand alone game. That way players for example don't depend on their internet connection when they only want to play TB. Also it could be easier for updates - If I want to play Gwent I don't want to be forced to update the game because TB needs an update. And when playing TB I don't want to depend on Gwent updates...

Besides, not everyone who loved Gwent in TW3 wants to play the multiplayer version of it (and not everyone who wants to play the multiplayer version will want to play the single player).
WOW - you try to counter criticism (aka hate) with Logic? I don't want break it for you, but this isn't how Internet (nowdays) work. Even if you have good Points / Valid Arguments you still will get critique for it...

I like how you put the word FREE in quote.
It's more an matter of perspective. If you would buy the SP Standalone anyway for it's content / gameplay, 20 Cards for Gwent will feel like it is "free"... if you however spent the bucks for the Cards for MP and don't care about sp, well yes then it ain't free but you throw money unneccessary out of the window...

Top Bottom