Thronebreaker Leaders Update is live!

+
I assume you mean her battlefield character model? I just checked to make sure, and she looks identical in both games, at least on my machine.

True I went to check as well. But in all the artwork for Thronebreaker she is blonde and I believe even the narrator refers to her as blonde on more than one occasion.

Just weird her battlefield character model is not.

Does anyone known anything about the PS4 problem in wich the player can´t go past the loading screen?
It happened to me and as i´ve seen, some others reddit users as well.
After press "X" int the Gerald and Ciri screen, the game starts to load, but stay loading forever.
Hold the PS button and press Close Game option

DISAPPOINTMENT: Gwent developers - why on Earth did you decide to kill 2 out of about 5 useful artifacts in the game, which is full of decent 'destroy artifact' cards that now became even more useless than before? That doesn't make any sense. What exactly was so strong about the spear and the shield? That players were [inexperienced] and did not include in their decks anti-artifact cards? The fact that you need skill and ability to think fast and hard in order to play artifact-based control decks? Is that why you made this type of deck impossible now? To promote simplicity for poor players who cannot handle complexity and diversity in the game? I appreciate and fully support previous adjustments (e.g. Sihil) but this is a very wrong move in my view and an utter disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me've is very underpowered for what she does.

The only cards that have Synergy with her Leader Ability are Anna Striger & Tridam infantry.

The problem is, you're not going to substitute boosts out of your deck because you need to guarantee Anna & Tridam get boosted in this Archetype.

So her ability doesn't substitute necessary boost cards, if her leader ability was +2 and refreshed every time a Lyrian / Rivia card was played. That would at least provide a reason to build a unique archetype.

Demavend has the same 2round counter, and gets far more out of the synergy than Meve does.

Rotating Thronebreaker weapons for Me've, Something akin to a different weapon every round would have been interesting.

The Lyrian Banner being a perm Artifact boosting all units when played on the row by 1, would have been interesting. While doing the same as Me'ves current ability, you at least have decisions involved in trying to not stack your row too much to avoid Igni / Yrden.

Even Me've's Mace (knock 3 units back a row and damage by 2) as a 1 time use would have been great and allowed a different Archetype to be built for NR(Siege Shuffle).

My hope is there are more interesting units to come in March that benefit from Me've. But for Feb at least, she's unviable for NR compared to Foltest / Demavend.

Other than Me've & Gernichora being busted. Great job, love the Year of the Boar and unlocking new leaders by reward books.

Last edited:

Duhad

Forum regular
Me've is very underpowered for what she does.

The only cards that have Synergy with her Leader Ability are Anna Striger & Tridam infantry.

Their are rather more cards that benefit from buffs then that. Theirs cards that boost based on how many other boosted cards you have, ones that do added damage based on boosted allies, ones that do more damage if they are boosted, Dethmold who does damage based on how buffed he is, est.

Their not super meta right now, but if you type "boost" into your NR card list in the deck builder, you will find a good number of NR cards who require buffs to shine.

And besides that, boosting engines to prevent them being removed is not an insubstantial thing. You can heal injured units to prevent SK blood lust and you can push your key cards out of range against SC and NG.

Over all while I am not sure Meve is super strong right now, her ability is ALLOT better then just being a slight buff to Striger and Tridam. Show a little respect to the true Queen of Lyria and Rivia.

Over all while I am not sure Meve is super strong right now, her ability is ALLOT better then just being a slight buff to Striger and Tridam. Show a little respect to the true Queen of Lyria and Rivia.

The problem is, those Archetypes already existed with Foltest & Demavend. And it could be easily argued that those leaders function better due to better synergy.

Her ability only enhances Tridam, and doesn't do enough to be super useful for Anna (due to prevalence of locks and removal) but that's where the Synergy lies. This makes countering Me've very easy.

You're still going to need to use Wyvern Shield & other Boost cards. So She's moot in terms of design. There needs to be another 1 - 2 Bronze units that function around Boost for her current design to warrant being in the game, and even then you can accomplish a boost archetype in more interesting ways as I've outlined before.

Hell, even something like "The Strength of Me've's boost increases by 1 for every Lyrian / Rivian cards played each round" would make the timer interesting and promote the idea of building a deck around the faction identity.

Last edited:

Breli

Forum regular
Her ability only enhances Tridam, and doesn't do enough to be super useful for Anna (due to prevalence of locks and removal) but that's where the Synergy lies. This makes countering Me've very easy.

Her real ability is to keep the NR engines alive and boost them out of "standard kill range 3" I think and not just triggering TI.

Her real ability is to keep the NR engines alive and boost them out of "standard kill range 3" I think and not just triggering TI.
You basically get the same ability with Demavend + Kaedweni Sergeant or Nenneke. Or Dandelion + Demavend.
If she were supposed to be a protection leader for engines, she would have needed a completly different ability, because that +1 is hardly ever enough to keep the engines safe.

You basically get the same ability with Demavend + Kaedweni Sergeant or Nenneke.

Yes, have to agree here. Playing Meve on lower ranks now (16) and she plays fine, but really missing something new/extraordinary. I was having fun against SK decks when denying bloodthirst, but pretty sure on higher ranks I will switch back to Foltest/Demavand..

Suggestions from previous posts about fraction identity would be definitely interesting.

I like that the game is evolving but your changes are so massive with each update I have to learn everything anew. And of course you also break too many synergies which means that I have to rebuild and fine tune all my decks again.

Top Bottom