Thronebreaker on Steam doesn't give the Rewards for Gwent

+
After finishing Thronebreaker, I was actually interested in coming back to Gwent. I found out about the progression system, that we get a good amount of goodies from playing through Thronebreaker. But that the Steam version apparently doesn't count?
Is it possible/planned to make Thronebreaker on Steam compatible?
If not for the Steam release, I wouldn't have known that the Witcher Tales were even a thing.

The Steam release is not connected to Gwent because it lacks the integration with GOG Galaxy and this might actually be against the ToU of Steam, in the first place. I don't see this integration happening, not until Gwent is released on Steam (circumventing the aforementioned restrictions), which could take a while.

The only solution I could see CDPR offering is gifting a copy of Thronebreaker on GOG for those who bought the game on Steam.

It took me 33 hours to complete Thronebreaker. Getting a copy on GOG wouldn't be a solution for us people without that kind of time.
This is just sad. I wish I would've known about this restriction beforehand.

Have the same issue. I have 58 hours of playing (hard mode) on steam version of the game. And for now I have not match inspiration for the second shot. Now i wish to play Gwent Online with all those features of Thronebreaker user. May be there is some new solutions of integration since Nov 18, 2018?

Lexor

Forum veteran
It took me 33 hours to complete Thronebreaker. Getting a copy on GOG wouldn't be a solution for us people without that kind of time.
Have the same issue. I have 58 hours of playing (hard mode) on steam version of the game. And for now I have not match inspiration for the second shot.

Number of hours shouldn't probably matter as long as there will be possibility to use the old game saves.

I bought this game with the discount on Steam. Maybe, I will buy it the second time on GOG. Think, the CDPR is great company with wary soulful games.

Just ask support if they unlock the cards, wasn't there a code with the steam purchase?

The same happens to me. I felt a bit scammed ... because also known gwent online thanks for TB. Up for consolation, they say that they give me the Witcher 1 ... What is just what I give away when I link my facebook with GoG ... Hello? a little absurd the launch in steam ... [Nope.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Thronebreaker on Steam and I can not get the cards won in Gwent despite the message not confirming the availability of these cards after opening a safe (see file).

Despite my repeated requests to support Gog I have so far not obtained satisfaction.
So I mounted a folder containing the various screenshots showing the links between Thronebreaker and Gwent and the impossibility of getting the cards earned in the Thronebreaker chests and usable in Gwent.

The game was not adapted to the Steam platform and deprives players of the cards won.

I sent a complete dossier to the French fraudsters indicating the practices of CD PROJEKT Polish society.

Attached you will find a capture made in Thronebreaker purchased on Steam that indicates that a bonus was earned and can be used in Gwent.

Attachments

• 2019-03-12_212627.png
    2019-03-12_212627.png
    516 KB · Views: 743
If you played gwent you would have the game on the GOG client. If you wanted to play thronebreaker on steam that's fine but it's clearly stated that you cannot gain the gwent cards as there is no link to your GOG account made via steam.

No. The game (steam) indicates that can use the cards won in gwent at the opening of the chests. Not being able to have these cards in gwent is stealing the player who bought the game on steam. It is an incomplete game sold at the same price, it is theft. The case is in the hands of the repression of fraud.

Please look at the description of the game on Steam. Nothing there indicates that you would get the cards as a bonus.

Also keep in mind that there is no Gwent on Steam, so there’s no multiplayer connection which also means that the rewards can‘t unlock there.

I always feel a bit sorry for fellow players missing on in-game rewards. However, in this case you could see that the offer on Steam and GoG include different bonus items. In one case you would get Witcher 1 as a bonus, in the GoG case more Gwent perks. It is not to uncommon to have different offers on different platforms. Some might be more advantageous for some players.

steam.png

Gog.png

The game content for the steam version indicates that the rewards are usable in Gwent.
I can send you screenshots of the game.
These rewards are not usable which makes this product contains false and incomplete elements under the French law (repression of fraud).
I provided a folder with the screenshots of the various screens in the game reporting the rewards usable in Gwent and not exploitable.
I am waiting for an intervention on the part of the repression of French frauds.
Post automatically merged:

I agree with you but we are in a different case since it is the game itself that indicates this reward. I bought the content of the game and this game indicates that the rewards are usable in the associated game (link in the 2 games to access the other game).
Thronebreaker - steam is an incomplete game.
For information The Witcher1 is free on Gog then a gift in Steam ..... MDR but that's not my intention.
Post automatically merged:

At no time does the description of the game in steam indicate that the rewards obtained in the chests of the game will not be accessible in Gwent.
In contrast to the opening of the chests we are told that these rewards are usable in Gwent and a button allows us to launch Gwent.
From this we can not say that the 2 games are not linked, especially since Gwent contains special Thronebreaker cards.

Last edited:
Congratulations, you've found a unique way to get the shaft from CDPR. I commend you for trying to do something about it legally and through the court of public opinion.

That said, as a console player used to being an afterthought due to consoles not having GOG, CDPR is usually pretty clear when it comes to making sure you can clearly see the shaft is coming.

1) Twitch drops disabled from the beginning to now, check
2) Homecoming delayed by 6-8 weeks, check.
3) No animated cards until last month, check.

So double check the fine print and good luck.

Sorry you feel cheated, but it is a very well known fact that if you buy Throne breaker on Steam the Gwent rewards are not available - guess they didn't think that it was necessary to update the in game flavour text given all the warnings. Anyhow, good luck with your Support request and hopefully you can enjoy both games regardless.

You're right you have to take advantage quickly because the future of these games is worrying after the dismissal that CD PROJEKT just made and the bad sales of Tronebreaker.
The emergency passage on Steam reinforces this urgency before closing shop and the little support given.

Facing Financial Pressures, GOG Quietly Lays Off At Least A Dozen Staff

Yeah i had the same issue. I bought the game on steam just get the bonus rewards on gwent. I realized i am not getting any bonus rewards and i asked for a refund on steam they accepted but it was less than 2 hours of gameplay. I completely agree with the OP steam version of thronebreaker is incomplete and should be atleast half of the price.

the reality is very sad, the game does not sell on Gog.
He was put on Steam urgently, but without any adaptation.
CD PROJEKT don't have an interest in players.
Gog is not in financial health is good enough because he is laying off staff.

Jesus, what a mess... This, that you will NOT get the THRONEBREAKER ONLINE cards if you buy the game in platforms other than GOG should be marked with big red letters somewhere on the top of the page at Steam (in the case). It is absolutely normal for one to be cheated out of this feature, cause frankly, considering the price of the game - (s)he is cheated.

Top Bottom