Thronebreaker Suggestion: Option to Save Without Exiting/Save Manually?

+

Would the option to save manually be helpful?

• Total voters
Yeah, I was searching for such an option only to find it does not exist.
Would be great to have, if it's possible to implement.

Although, arguably, there are plenty of opportunities to restart a battle, or load the latest checkpoint, the option to free-save seems handy.

I get what you mean, I guess it might be intentional for replayability as a whole (like banner saga)
for short-minded changes in choices/RPG-ing, timely alt+f4 is you way to go

Upon completing Thronebreaker, I now see that the player can select a new save 'card' or overwrite the previous one when starting anew. I'm still confused by the purpose of this format, however, and I wonder why the number of save slots is so limited.

DRK3

Forum veteran
What i really wish, is some kind of NG+, where you would keep your resources and card collection (except story-related content ofc).

I missed a weapon in Ch.2, and realized it right after, but there was nothing i could do. And i think i didnt miss anything else (im at the end of Ch.4), replaying the whole game just for that thing sounds terrible.

rrc

Forum veteran
I was furious that there was no save and load options, but I began to like this. In W3 or any other RPG for that matter, whenever I am going to talk to any character, I will save, go through the options and if I don't like how it goes, I will load and go with something else.

This is actually really cool, where you have to take a decision and live with it. I answered NO. Even though it is a big discomfort, I really like this approach..

I was furious that there was no save and load options, but I began to like this. In W3 or any other RPG for that matter, whenever I am going to talk to any character, I will save, go through the options and if I don't like how it goes, I will load and go with something else.

This is actually really cool, where you have to take a decision and live with it. I answered NO. Even though it is a big discomfort, I really like this approach..

Sorry but this is a very questionable opinion, to put it mildly.

PC Games are riddled with Bugs since there are so many possible system configurations.
Without Saves you have to start all over again in case something goes wrong and no player wants to do this.
In TB there isn't even a save possibility for the start of each chapter since everything gets overwritten once a chapter is completed.

I missed a weapon in Ch.2, and realized it right after, but there was nothing i could do.

I think I know which weapon you're talking about, but taking that would be the less noble choice. At least take comfort you did the right thing.

In TB there isn't even a save possibility for the start of each chapter since everything gets overwritten once a chapter is completed.

You can return to a previous chapter, but you'll lose all progress. Also, you can still make backups of your savegames yourself. One for every chapter, if you want.

DRK3

Forum veteran

I am split in that matter: on one hand, that way you describe - make a choice in a game and live with it - is how i like to play my games, no going back... but on the other hand, gameplay-wise im a completionist and must do 100%, so when choices are linked to possible missables like in Thronebreaker, its a nightmare for me.

So I've been playing Thronebreaker and I noticed that the game autosaves after any choice/battle. This can be really frustrating especially if you made a choice wrong or in my case, I failed to complete the requirment of killing 3 gold wagons but still won the duel (I thought it would count as loss so I just played it through to see enemy cards).
Because I'm a perfectionist I was forced to start the game from the scratch and torture myself through the tutorial again.

So since the options menu has very few to offer (I can't even find the option to lower the quality/resolution so the game lags which makes it even more frustrating having to restart), I would like to ask if anyone knows how to disable auto-save feature or at least how do you save your game into a different slot as a back-up should something go wrong like missing a secondary objective in my case.

I can't even find the option to lower the quality/resolution
Click the settings gear icon in the lower right of the main menu. The option to adjust the resolution is available here, but not from the in-game menu.
I would like to ask if anyone knows how to disable auto-save feature or at least how do you save your game into a different slot as a back-up should something go wrong like missing a secondary objective in my case.
Unfortunately, this does not appear to be possible. It seems all saves and save slots are managed automatically by the game.
Personally, I don't think this the most ideal option, either, thus this thread.

Top Bottom