Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available on Steam!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now also available on Steam! You can get it from the game’s official Steam product page.

To every Thronebreaker purchase on Steam we’re adding a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut, as well as official Thronebreaker soundtrack, concept art, and more!

Console release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will follow on December 4th.  

Make sure to visit www.witchertales.com to find additional information about the setting, characters, and gameplay!

Last edited:
Will people get a gog key if they buy it on the steam? How will the Gwent cards work?

This info should be on the steam store page. Because of the regional pricing of steam, people might get ideas.

ı buy this game on gog
I was faint when I saw the price on steam
Turkish currency
30 $ = 165 TL
now on steam 50 TL :((

the only thing that makes my face smile
no contribution to Gwent:)

Hi, I have one question. If I buy Witcher Thornebreaker from Steam, can I get bonuses?
(I am talking about this bonuses:
  • Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
  • Digital version of Gwent Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
  • Concept art, including the map of Lyria
  • The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
  • Two in-game Gwent The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
  • Two in-game Gwent The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
  • Five premium kegs for Gwent The Witcher Card Game)

• Two in-game Gwent The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
  • Two in-game Gwent The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
  • Five premium kegs for Gwent The Witcher Card Game)
No Gwent bonuses, AFAIK. Not a single one.

Hi, I have one question. If I buy Witcher Thornebreaker from Steam, can I get bonuses?
From the Steam page:
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales comes with these bonus items:
  • Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
  • Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
  • Concept art, including the map of Lyria
  • The Witcher graphic novel "Fox Children" by Dark Horse
  • Steam copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut

1. No
2. The Steam version is not connected with multiplayer GWENT.
I think putting Thronebreaker on Steam was a good move. I also agree that Steam version of TB shouldn't give GOG keys, since it would have been abusable.
However, as it is right now, it can push people who bought Thronebreaker from Steam back away from Gwent. Double dipping for TB cards in Gwent doesn't feel fair, especially, when the premiums function as rewards in game.
Steam version of Thronebreaker doesn't have to be connected with multiplayer Gwent. You can make the game permanently redeemable through GOG connect and advertise that in its menu. The technology is there. It's not abusable and it can bring a lot of Steam audience to GOG and Gwent.

Last edited:
[...]
However, as it is right now, it can push people who bought Thronebreaker from Steam back away from Gwent. Double dipping for TB cards in Gwent doesn't feel fair, especially, when the premiums function as rewards in game.
[...]
Steam version doesn't award anything for Gwent...

Why people would choose steam over a standalone version I have no clue

You can make the game permanently redeemable through GOG connect and advertise that in its menu. It's not abusable and it can bring a lot of Steam audience to GOG and Gwent.

This is a brilliant idea. Hear him out CDPR gods.

1. No
2. The Steam version is not connected with multiplayer GWENT.

Really? Thank you. Was going to buy steam version on sale but now not going to buy neither gog or steam version. I guess good old day of cdpr being a decent company is gone. They went full EA here.
And before you say something, no i'm not going to use gog.

Steam version doesn't award anything for Gwent...

Why people would choose steam over a standalone version I have no clue
Yes. IMO that's a problem, considering Gwent could benefit greatly from TB popularity on Steam. Premium TB cards in Gwent are designed as rewards in TB. I'm sure people who don't know that and buy the game from Steam will be sorely dissappointed when they realise this after they come to try Gwent.

People like to have all things in one place. Furthermore, Steam gives a lot of possibilities to earn money because of Steam Market. We all know Artifact is coming and it will have very different economy than any other digital card game. Getting Thronebreaker (and its cards in Gwent) by selling Artifact cards on Steam Market (or CS:GO, Dota2 skins etc.) could be a great way to direct players from Steam to Gwent (and GOG).

Last edited:
What happened to the GOG exclusive CDPR was so adamant about on release just a few weeks back?

I would have probably bought it on GOG anyway because of Gwent bonuses, but this is a really shitty move to say it will be exclusive to GOG and then pull this BS.
Plus its priced the same as on GOG so you are not even promoting GOG by slapping the steam version with a 30% Valve cut tax.

This has really dented my respect for CDPR as an open consumer friendly publisher. Shame.

Hey CDPR, I have finished already the adventure. Have to say that it was really nice the deep history and have to choose different decisions was really fun.. But all the battles (excepting the puzzles) were really easy, I think you didn't balance correctly the enemy units, I have played with the last difficulty and it was not challenging at all... I hope the next adventure you could make this part better.

Cheers!

I'm very disappointed CDPR. You said that it will be GOG exclusive. Now a few weeks later it's available on Steam? It seems you guys can't keep your word and promises. :(:mad:

Hello, the regional pricing on Steam for Indian Rupee was changed from Rs. 699 to Rs. 2149 without any notice.
d73M45y.jpg

May I know why is that the case?

Top Bottom