Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available on Steam!

+
Well, me being a guy that stopped playing gwent a while ago and now wants to play Thronebreaker and that alone, I find it far more convenient to just pick it up from steam instead of downloading GOG again. Really don't see why Thronebreaker not being exclusive is a bad thing.

rrc

Forum veteran
Hello, the regional pricing on Steam for Indian Rupee was changed from Rs. 699 to Rs. 2149 without any notice.
View attachment 10983271

May I know why is that the case?
Well I am glad about this :p

I am from India and I paid $30 (2100+ INR) and I was pretty disappointed that within a month the prices were dropped to 60%. If it is now $30 I am glad that I was not betrayed.

Hello, the regional pricing on Steam for Indian Rupee was changed from Rs. 699 to Rs. 2149 without any notice.
View attachment 10983271

May I know why is that the case?

CDPR stated on Twitter and Steam forums, that the initial price was a pricing error which they then corrected.
Post automatically merged:

Well, me being a guy that stopped playing gwent a while ago and now wants to play Thronebreaker and that alone, I find it far more convenient to just pick it up from steam instead of downloading GOG again. Really don't see why Thronebreaker not being exclusive is a bad thing.

It is a 'bad' thing, because CDPR lied about it being exclusive, and they still have not addressed those lies.

CDPR stated on Twitter and Steam forums, that the initial price was a pricing error which they then corrected.
Post automatically merged:

It is a 'bad' thing, because CDPR lied about it being exclusive, and they still have not addressed those lies.

Fair enough, but how does it affect all of us in a negative way? Sure, some people are pissed because they would prefer having the game in their steam library rather than GOG. I agree that they should have said from the beginning this will go on steam eventually. But the act alone of bringing the game on steam seems like a good move. Making the game known to a bigger public and all.

Why people would choose steam over a standalone version I have no clue

Yeah man. People have an insane obsession with Steam. Many just won't even consider a game that's not on Steam, I guess that's part of the reason why CDPR have found the sales underwhelming and have been "forced" to release it on Steam... which in turn has pissed off some players who bought it on GOG but would have rather bought it on Steam, and also Steam users who see their version is actually inferior (as in no Gwent bonus etc).

I love Steam, I own literally ks of games there. But I think there are other wonderful platforms. Mostly, I think if a company has its own platform, everyone will benefit from purchasing those games in that particular platform given the same price. My first option for Ubi games is UPlay, GOG for CDPR games and non-drm indies in general, Origin for EA, etc. It's not that hard. Don't think it's too healthy for the industry as a whole to be blindly faithful to one platform, supporting a monopoly of sorts on PC gaming.

[...] But I think there are other wonderful platforms.[...]
I'm more of the mind that "platforms" are just another hoop to jump through, a point of future failure, and a way for companies to spam their own products.

I'm not against companies advertising their wares, I just don't approve of being forced to load up a non-game piece of software to be funneled through their tracking and advertising just to play a game.

I'm more of the mind that "platforms" are just another hoop to jump through, a point of future failure, and a way for companies to spam their own products.

I'm not against companies advertising their wares, I just don't approve of being forced to load up a non-game piece of software to be funneled through their tracking and advertising just to play a game.

Then you should be 100% behind GOG as that is the only PC platform that does not require any client to play your games; and is the only platform that 100% future proofs your games no matter what happens as you can download DRM free installers of all your games for backup.

Then you should be 100% behind GOG as that is the only PC platform that does not require any client to play your games; and is the only platform that 100% future proofs your games no matter what happens as you can download DRM free installers of all your games for backup.
98%... they broke that trend with Gwent which does require the galaxy client. I still respect them more than most of the other services though.

but TBH I still d/l and save all the installers (from GoG at any rate). Internet can go out, the service can go down, be modified, or even disappear. Even GoG isn't immune to legal wrangling that could remove products from their library.

Will GWENT be available on Steam soon?
We don't have such plans at the moment.
Hey CDPR, I have finished already the adventure. Have to say that it was really nice the deep history and have to choose different decisions was really fun.. But all the battles (excepting the puzzles) were really easy, I think you didn't balance correctly the enemy units, I have played with the last difficulty and it was not challenging at all... I hope the next adventure you could make this part better.

Thank you! In December patch the difficulty of Thronebreaker will be adjusted so it's more of a challenge.

Thronebreaker regional pricing has been adjusted on Steam to the equivalent of $29.99. Its was never our intention for the game to cost less. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom