Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales live stream!

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us today at 9 PM CEST for a Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales live stream, straight from the CD PROJEKT RED office! Paweł Burza will be joined by Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz - Game Director and Jakub Szamałek - Principal Writer!

twitch.tv/cdprojektred

#WitcherTales

That was indeed an entertaining and informative stream. Very promising stories, and some intriguing battles await us. Well done, REDs, well done. My anticipation for Thronebreaker has increased appreciably. Consider me impressed.

Replay may be viewed here.

Last edited:
Impressive Stream. Love some of the mechanics showcased.

There is one thing I dislike though, and it is the information we gather prior to making a choice. Take for example the Elf that the peasants were about to stone for leading the Nilfgaardians into the village. How are we to tell whether he's innocent or guilty? There is not a single indication before you are asked to make this decision. Nor is there any option to investigate the matter further, even just in dialogue.

The witcher 3 was VERY different in that regard. Some of the most loved quests (Towerful of Mice, with the Pesta) is the perfect example of what I'd like to see in a story driven RPG with morally grey options that have consequences. The way to notice, even subtly, something wrong, with one side of the story. Even if that side is more promising in terms of rewards.

Impressive Stream. Love some of the mechanics showcased.

There is one thing I dislike though, and it is the information we gather prior to making a choice. Take for example the Elf that the peasants were about to stone for leading the Nilfgaardians into the village. How are we to tell whether he's innocent or guilty? There is not a single indication before you are asked to make this decision. Nor is there any option to investigate the matter further, even just in dialogue.

The witcher 3 was VERY different in that regard. Some of the most loved quests (Towerful of Mice, with the Pesta) is the perfect example of what I'd like to see in a story driven RPG with morally grey options that have consequences. The way to notice, even subtly, something wrong, with one side of the story. Even if that side is more promising in terms of rewards.

I agree. I was imagining maybe an option for the queen to ask someone for advice like Caldwell. Then the player can make a more informed decision.

I agree. I was imagining maybe an option for the queen to ask someone for advice like Caldwell. Then the player can make a more informed decision.
I noticed that as well, and raised an eyebrow at it at first. However, it may be one of those quests where the writers intentionally want the players to act on instinct -- like Meve -- rather than have all the facts beforehand, in order to make a well-informed, balanced judgement. (Afterall, we quite often don't have that particular luxury in real life, either.) There were a few pieces like that in Witcher III as well, and a few others where you never quite knew for certain whether you'd indeed made the better choice or not. . . .

Top Bottom