ThroneBreaker: Unresponsive game - help!

+
The game (ThroneBreaker) freezes during Gwent battles. I think it is related to the leader's ability to switch cards around in the deck, but I'm not entirely sure.

More specifically, the special battles where you have to meet a certain victory condition within just one round cause this problem most often.

I play my turn, then press "end turn". Then, the "end turn" button flips over, but nothing happens next. The game does not progress to enemy turn. I still hear the BGM, see animations, can move my mouse pointer around but the game just wouldn't progress. I can still press the "forfeit game" button though, and it gets me to some clickable options, but then, eventually the game freezes anyway.

I didn't experience this problem early on in the tutorial section but started to get this issue after that. Sometimes, restarting the game helps and lets me finish a battle that was previously frozen. But then, this Nilfgardian embassador battle wouldn't let me even do that. I simply just cannot get past that specific battle.

Any idea how I can fix this? I really want to play this beautiful game but as is, I can't play it anymore.

2018-12-29_2248_2.jpgScreenshot showing an empty deck after ending my turn. Strange!

2018-12-29_2248_5.jpgLoading screen with the "Passed" message on top and the game panel on the left.

Attachments

• 2018-12-29_2248_1.jpg
    2018-12-29_2248_1.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 141
  • 2018-12-29_2248_3.jpg
    2018-12-29_2248_3.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 2018-12-29_2248_4.jpg
    2018-12-29_2248_4.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 133

Lexor

Forum veteran
Try to not look inside your deck (remained cards to draw) during battle or downgrade your TB version to 1.0.0.

Yes I realized there was another thread on this. My bad not reading all of them beforehand.

But you say I shouldn't look at my deck? But the battle requires me to! I simply have no choice.

He/she is saying "don't right click on your deck", not "don't look at your deck". Looking at your deck when using the leader ability that let's you shuffle a card in and play 2 cards, or using Rayla's ability to play a card doesn't trigger the bug. It's when you deliberately right click on your deck just to see what cards are in there (which is 100% optional and can be completely avoided simply by not clicking), this cause the game to do what you are describing. As soon as I stopped this, it doesn't bug out like this anymore. I agree it's annoying, but seems to be the only way to play around it.

Top Bottom