Thunderbolt Potion vs Immune Boost

+
Thunderbolt Potion vs Immune Boost

Hey all!
So like the title states, I'm just trying to weight out each's options. TP gives 3 units plus 4 while IB gives 3 units plus 3 and 3 armor. So from my standpoint, I feel like 9 armor for only 3 points less sounds pretty damned good! I have only tested it out once so far (damn life always interfering with my Gwent!!!), and have really no experience to go off of yet.
From previous games, IB has been a pain for my weather or damage cards (lacerate, etc) to really count. On the other hand, TP is a great last round card for that extra push to win.
So I can see where each one would strive, but I am really interested in what the community has to say and how they use them!

IB is always better if you can get value off the armor. It's good now due to how much weather is in the meta, plus, depending on your rank, where's a fair bit of other damaging effects, like trebs or longships.

MooshieMooshie;n9203561 said:
IB is always better if you can get value off the armor. It's good now due to how much weather is in the meta, plus, depending on your rank, where's a fair bit of other damaging effects, like trebs or longships.

That's a great point! I've been running with Dagon weather and thought about using it to counter other weather Dagon's but I'm kinda surprised that not very many people do run IB...especially with (like you stated) so many weather and direct damaging cards in play right now.

The important thing about decks that are running IB, monsters and dwarfs, is that they also happily run TBP. Generally speaking the decks also do not run weather clears either. So basically IB gives you the option to not run anti-weather cards by sacrificing 3 points off a card you'd already run. Other decks don't want to run TBP and they are usually pretty tight on bronze slots, so IB gets a lot worse. You also have a bit of synergy with yen, since those two decks are running her quite a bit. Even if your opponent doesn't have weather it can give you much more favorable Chironex because the armor will absorb the AEO.

What it really comes down to though is that IB is really just a tech card to replace TBP in decks that already run it. Other decks already like the anti-weather cards they run and IB doesn't give you any big upside over the current options they are running.

MooshieMooshie;n9203671 said:
The important thing about decks that are running IB, monsters and dwarfs, is that they also happily run TBP. Generally speaking the decks also do not run weather clears either. So basically IB gives you the option to not run anti-weather cards by sacrificing 3 points off a card you'd already run. Other decks don't want to run TBP and they are usually pretty tight on bronze slots, so IB gets a lot worse. You also have a bit of synergy with yen, since those two decks are running her quite a bit. Even if your opponent doesn't have weather it can give you much more favorable Chironex because the armor will absorb the AEO.

What it really comes down to though is that IB is really just a tech card to replace TBP in decks that already run it. Other decks already like the anti-weather cards they run and IB doesn't give you any big upside over the current options they are running.

I actually didn't even think of IB taking the place of anti-weather cards! I feel like it would be great for SK decks then with their lack of weather clear. I also guess that's why I wouldn't need an Archgriffin in my monster deck then, plus the boost is nice. Yenn has def become a popular card in which I see more and more of and the armor would be great for keeping carryover units alive and well.

You have def provided more info than I certainly could have come up with on my own, thank you for your feedback!

Happy to help. :) As for SK, you really don't need the additional anit-weather tech outside of gremist. I only played discard SK from 3.2k to 4.2k and have a 92% win rate against monsters. They're probably the second best matchup for the deck, the best being dwarfs. There's not really any bronze slots in the deck I'd want to cut to make room for IB, and even if I did cut something for it I don't think it'd really get that much value with the current weathers. IB might be good in a QG deck if weather got super oppressive, but outside of that I wouldn't run it in SK.

Top Bottom