Tibor 10.9

+
So i decided to give the new Tibor a try, the idea behind his ability is to support a status archetype, with the other Alba bronzes dealing with statuses aswell, HOWEVER there seems to be a major oversight, LOCKS DISABLE STATUSES.
What is supposed to be a synergy is in fact anti-synergy.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question about Tibor 10.9. Tibor says:

At the end of your turn, Infuse a random enemy unit with "Whenever this unit receives a status, damage it by 1"

I've run into the deck that creates 4 or more Tibors, and every card I play gets destroyed. I understand that my units receive the above status, but should it stack?? If the opponent has 4 Tibors, shouldn't a card played take 4 damage? Instead each card is receiving the same status 4 times and damaged by each Tibor so everything is destroyed. Does this seem proper?

This should be fixed ASAP , to: "if this unit receives any DIFFERENT status".

The devs are not doing any testing at all, if this kind of recursive auto-win mechanics goes through.

There's nothing proper about that cheese garbage, but with 4 tibors on the board, since they are taking turns at the end of turn, if you have just one clean card on your side, it will get 1+2+3+4=10 damage.

Not sure what proper means, but it's consistent, infusions stack, for example if you play two Antherion you can infuse the same unit with harmony.

True. Infusions can stack: remember cultist nonsense? With multiple infused units from multiple scenarios.
There’s nothing wrong with Tibor’s mechanic, just with the play testing (as usual :) )

In fact i think The Card is pretty "ok".

The problem remains in The fact you can create multiple copies of it, but otherwise its a tall unir with immunity but has The downside that opponents pick a Card.

Imagine tibor not doing The damage with its own infuse status, no One would play it.

One more time, the problem is The multiple tibor

I would say the problem is either the complete lack of "cheese awareness" by the devs, or else the deliberate rework of the card knowing that it would enable this toxic bs. Not even sure which is worse.

I'm guessing giving it "doomed" wouldn't fix it, because it never touches the board.

Well you can rework vilgefortz.

"banish a card from you hand and than pick a card from opponents gy"

I've run into this horrible deck a few times since yesterday, and it's game over in round 2. Everybody's correct that multiple Tibors is the root problem, and I'd love to see Imperial Practictioner changed to prevent these toxic scenarios. I'm sure that won't happen, but something needs to change.

I still don't understand the stacking of the same status, but I don't really understand the journey the Cultists went through. At a minimum, the suggestion above that they receive a DIFFERENT status seems like a good change.

Since Tibor is immune, they're untouchable directly so I'll be packing Scorch. I can't wait to try it and see what they have left in the deck.

I've run into this horrible deck a few times since yesterday, and it's game over in round 2. Everybody's correct that multiple Tibors is the root problem, and I'd love to see Imperial Practictioner changed to prevent these toxic scenarios. I'm sure that won't happen, but something needs to change.

I still don't understand the stacking of the same status, but I don't really understand the journey the Cultists went through. At a minimum, the suggestion above that they receive a DIFFERENT status seems like a good change.

Since Tibor is immune, they're untouchable directly so I'll be packing Scorch. I can't wait to try it and see what they have left in the deck.
It`s the same issue like with any other unanswerable one turn mega-combos, like Eist for example.

Another solution is to change Vilgefortz ability to "AT THE END OF YOUR TURN", so at least the opponent can do something - either with graveyard or with one copy of Practicioner.

The other time I managed to remove 4 - FOUR Practicioners, and I went out of removal, yet the opponent managed to trigger 3 other, and that was enough for Vilgefortz to get 3 Tibors.

And with this patch many fine cards and decks were destroyed, RIP my favourite Imperial Formation + Sorcresses + Soldiers.
The state of Gwentstone is getting worse with every patch.

Another solution is to change Vilgefortz ability to "AT THE END OF YOUR TURN", so at least the opponent can do something - either with graveyard or with one copy of Practicioner.

Imo it would only make players include more tech cards to the deck, which leads to similarity in all meta (like it was with Bomb Heaver).

I think Practitioner’s ability must be changed, that way it would open more variety in new cards development (since there’s no cheese with multiple broken stuff).

Same should be done with AQ: they changed Caranthir to prevent the abuse of superpower cards, yet they print another card that copies everything.

Off course these changes hurt meme decks (sometimes by a lot). But I’d rather play a game without “kill every threat or lose” matches.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe the change to imperial practitioners should be to remove his assimilate - this way you could still do any copying shenanigans on R1, but at least you had a weak R1.

One of the problems/ strengths of practitioner decks is they're able to spend everything R1 and are competitive in such round only because of assimilate value, then are carried on R2/3 by the card they copied. If the assimilate was removed from practitioners, they would amost always lose R1 and these decks coud be more easily bled of the valuable card they copied multiple times.

Maybe the change to imperial practitioners should be to remove his assimilate - this way you could still do any copying shenanigans on R1, but at least you had a weak R1.

One of the problems/ strengths of practitioner decks is they're able to spend everything R1 and are competitive in such round only because of assimilate value, then are carried on R2/3 by the card they copied. If the assimilate was removed from practitioners, they would amost always lose R1 and these decks coud be more easily bled of the valuable card they copied multiple times.
I think the problem of that kind of change, that the card is very weak if not played in "that combo".

Like i said about tibor, the card is fine, changing it would problably kill the card if its played alone (withou "that combo").

The same goes to this change in imperial practioner. Devs wants them to be assimilate cards and they re order also helps assimilate.

Try to play it alone (One more time, without "that combo) without assimilate, noone will play it.

Vilgefortz - In MY OPINION - in another hand, He was created to do exactly that, take a good card from opponent gy, and also that card has sinergy with assimilate. His downside that you need to" discard" a card from you hand.

So making the change i suggest (banish a card from you hand and take a card from opponent gy) He still making what he made for, you still have the downside to "discard" a card and still is a good play without "that combo", and, also, kills "that combo"

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think the problem of that kind of change, that the card is very weak if not played in "that combo".

Like i said about tibor, the card is fine, changing it would problably kill the card if its played alone (withou "that combo").

The same goes to this change in imperial practioner. Devs wants them to be assimilate cards and they re order also helps assimilate.

Try to play it alone (One more time, without "that combo) without assimilate, noone will play it.

Vilgefortz - In MY OPINION - in another hand, He was created to do exactly that, take a good card from opponent gy, and also that card has sinergy with assimilate. His downside that you need to" discard" a card from you hand.

So making the change i suggest (banish a card from you hand and take a card from opponent gy) He still making what he made for, you still have the downside to "discard" a card and still is a good play without "that combo", and, also, kills "that combo"

I am not so convinced Tibor, if played as one, is that weak, maybe players still need to find out that deck, after all its only been 1 week since the patch.

Also, it WONT be me to explore it, because i hate Tibor, mill, and ball / poison, which is probably the deck where tibor makes sense, with philippe and those status giving servants or whatever.

Regarding Vilgefortz Renegade, i agree that the main concept should be stealing a good card from opponents GY, not putting one in for practitioners to copy. Still, i dont like your suggestion only because i am ok when Vilgefortz is used to put a bronze in GY - the most famous case of that is putting a NG knight, for illusionists to copy, although with vrygheff's rework that deck took quite a hit, but still, i dont want those decks around a bronze to die.

I am not so convinced Tibor, if played as one, is that weak, maybe players still need to find out that deck, after all its only been 1 week since the patch.

Also, it WONT be me to explore it, because i hate Tibor, mill, and ball / poison, which is probably the deck where tibor makes sense, with philippe and those status giving servants or whatever.

Regarding Vilgefortz Renegade, i agree that the main concept should be stealing a good card from opponents GY, not putting one in for practitioners to copy. Still, i dont like your suggestion only because i am ok when Vilgefortz is used to put a bronze in GY - the most famous case of that is putting a NG knight, for illusionists to copy, although with vrygheff's rework that deck took quite a hit, but still, i dont want those decks around a bronze to die.
Easy enough to compromise: change ability to swap a bronze card from hand for any card in opponent's graveyard.

Also, Tibor "alone" is most certainly not weak. It's just not "broken" , and therefore not usable by the average ng player :D :D

I'm thinking is it healthy to have the combo Imperial Practitioner + Vilgefortz: Renegade? without Tibor, players can do Renfri combo or something else. If this combo is not healthy then Practitioner and Renegade should be redesigned.

However, if the combo seems healthy and fine (we have mill, trap, clog, sihil and then why not Practitioner / Renegade? it's a meme anyway)

Then, let's look at the Tibor itself.

Multiple Tibor is just synergy too good. (e.g. 4 tibor will act like a 1+2+3+4 = 10 point engine per turn) while 5 tibor is 15.

While 2 tibor is only 3 and 3 tibor is 6. 6 points per turn seems a lot like a ceiling here. so maybe the fix can be if control more than 3 tibor, it just lock itself.

so tibor alone is still playable but it's unlikely that anyone will play it while multiple tibor is also playable but less effective.

The question is
How is the Imperial Practitioner cost just 5 provisions and how it a bronze card
The card litteraly should be gold and at least cost 7 provisions
But as it a NG card it just another cheated card added to the collection of the cheated faction
Like Nauzicaa Sergeant the lol card
Do a move of 10 points
Play Ramon Tyrconnel to play a copy
Then play Slave Driver and do it again
Then play Garrison to play another one and boost them all
Can't do easier than that and Nothing can help u to counter that
The card should be 6 provisions

signed up for this matter to ask how they multiple tibor card I mean at the third round my opponent plays 4 tibors guys I am a beginner so how you create of a copy of a card Can I do it with a skellige deck
Post automatically merged:

They play imperial practitioner cards at the beginning then what it is not the card gives you a copy of a golden card I guess

Top Bottom