Tiles and Maps and stuff

+
Tiles and Maps and stuff

I run games on roll20 which means the players have interactive maps, enemies, and environment to set the scene. I have run cyberpunk online but am currently running All Flesh Must Be Eaten. My players have survived the first few hours of the zombie apocalypse and of course are running and gunning their way through the world like one would expect from a ragtag group of misfits. I have a decent number of maps/tiles that I have scavenged from the net on a piecework basis but am always looking for more scenario maps to keep things fresh.

The question is

Do you scavenge for maps like me?

Know of a map repository someplace that has maps for download?

Have the artistic talents to make your own stuff?

I have searched far and wide for Cyberpunk-esque tile sets, and have turned up empty handed every time. Normie DnD players hog all the map content.

Do you scavenge for maps like me?

Know of a map repository someplace that has maps for download?

Have the artistic talents to make your own stuff?

We did for Dark Heresy. Helped that the scenario we were running had a lot of good maps already.

Problem was, the (&%&% players. Nurgle love 'em, would so gleefully either a) divert from maps in a fast second or b) set fire to -everything- by accident or purpose, I found the carefully uploaded or copied-out maps were being rapidly replaced by ugly squiggles of frentic, bolter-inspired insanity.

I did have some map sites, think they are mostly gone now. Dark Reign was especially good.

Only for D&D, with overhead projection over a battle mat if the map doesn't have a grid.

Been thinking lately to approach Cyberpunk 2020 combat in a more tactical-miniature style, precise movement, facing, distance... Maybe because I like miniatures games, maybe to avoid combat disputes at the table...

Shadowrun and Cyberpunk in some ways are interchangeable. I know they had figures and such and one could always just get military models from the hobby shop, put them together, and paint them to fit your scenario.

Shadowrun and Cyberpunk in some ways are interchangeable. I know they had figures and such and one could always just get military models from the hobby shop, put them together, and paint them to fit your scenario.

Yeah, I found a lot of the just-human ones were perfectly fine.

I wonder if the Dark Heresy figs, (since I am reminded of DH), some of them, might work for Boostergangs et al:

Yeah, they remind me more of the sort of thing I'd expect to see in a Warhammer 40K game.

For miniatures i use my old Warzone armies, but there area few comapnies that have small collection.
Ironwind http://ironwindmetals.com/ has Shadowrun as well as a few moderns.
Reaper http://www.reapermini.com/ has a small collection, mostly in their chronoscope section.
RAFM http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=RAF has a pretty good select under their USX modern day heros sections

As for tiles, head over to Cartographers Guild http://www.cartographersguild.com/content.php in their Forums > Virtual Tabletop/Battlemaps section. You'll need to page through some of the threads to find modern, near future maps subject lines, but i've seen a few there.

My proud Cyberpunk 2020 miniature "collection". Those things were really hard to come by even back in the day.

I always loved miniature tactical combat, so it would be cool to have a Cyberpunk 2077 line to populate our Friday Night Firefights.

Attachments

• 2016-02-25 12.30.14.jpg
    2016-02-25 12.30.14.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 113
I love the heroforge.com site, plus I made some examples...
i'll post part 2

Attachments

• FEMALE MARKSMAN.jpg
    FEMALE MARKSMAN.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 165
  • FEM HULIGAN.jpg
    FEM HULIGAN.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 179
  • FEMALE MIND READER.jpg
    FEMALE MIND READER.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 313
  • FEMALE TELEPORTER.jpg
    FEMALE TELEPORTER.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 162
  • MALE BRUTE.jpg
    MALE BRUTE.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 149
PART 2
and if u were wondering, Rob can be like a companion or character to play...

Attachments

• MALE HULIGAN.jpg
    MALE HULIGAN.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 145
  • MALE MARKSMAN.jpg
    MALE MARKSMAN.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 237
  • ROB.jpg
    ROB.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 233
Cool minis right there! Hope they add more cyberpunkish parts and pieces. If I remember correctly during the kickstarter campaign they achieved the Cyberpunk Genere stretch goal.

Cool minis right there! Hope they add more cyberpunkish parts and pieces. If I remember correctly during the kickstarter campaign they achieved the Cyberpunk Genere stretch goal.
THX, I might do more because I discovered that if I check All, I have a lot of stuff!

Call me a purist ... but I've never liked anime-sized weapons on figures ... or in anime/MMOs/anything for that matter.

Top Bottom