Time for another wake-up call: Whats Wrong with Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me address the elephant in the room--why I've been gone for so long. I decided I would sit back and look at what CDPR would do for Cyberpunk before I absolutely ripped it a new one for another couple months straight.

What I've seen--well, let's just say I've arguably seen nothing from them aside from two lackluster DLCs. The framerate may be improved, but we're dealing with just as many crashes, just as many bugs, if not more now, and we still haven't seen any admission from CDPR of the games biggest problems.

So I'm here to give CDPR another wake-up call and let them know we still arent happy--that they don't get to relax.

First things first, let's talk about the bugs.

The bugs were a huge problem since launch, don't get me wrong. They will always be a problem and unless CDPR fixes as many as possible, the game will never have a chance at being "good". It's still unacceptable that we're almost into the first year since Cyberpunk released and the game crashes roughly three times a day, textures constantly fail to load or after you travel a certain distance, they stay at a 120 resolution until the game decides to load and let the textures scale back up to their proper size and THEN show the detail--sometimes allowing you to interact with what you're looking for.

And you know what the biggest thing that seems to cause these texture problems is? Driving fast.

Those of you who know Cyberpunk know that if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing in style. If you drive, drive fast. It's one of the damn things Mike Pondsmith made a point to list in his core rulebook, damn it. So how come driving fast isn't satisfying as fuck in CP2077? Because cars still can't be controlled as fluidly as in other games. Not like there's much to do with the car, aside from driving to and from miscellaneous side job and police jobs and whatever, which brings me to my next point.

The content.

Oh, boy, I've been champing at the bit for this one.

I've had nothing story-wise to do since about less than a week from Cyberpunk's launch, when I beat the game.

For reference, it took me maybe a month in total to beat The Witcher's main game, taking it at arguably a faster pace than Cyberpunk?

Point being, Cyberpunk is devoid of content. It's story is so quick, you'll miss it in the blink of an eye. And considering how much story and replayability we should have gotten in the first place with the game? Insane.

So no story anything has been released following launch. Nothing to gripe about since I can't complain about nothing.

Well, I can. Because I can open the door to let CDPR know what we want.

So here is my list of demands for CDPR, since they only seemed to reference the bugs and that's it.

1 - Fix your police system. If I get shot at in the middle of some gang territory in Night City and a civilian gets caught in the crossfire, it's crazy that we have to deal with police that are edgelords and neckbeards in 2021--or should I say, 2077. It's literally the trope of *teleports behind you* "Nothin' personal, kid" *kills you* every [...] time. I've got enough firepower to take down Arasaka solo, and yet a cop can pop in out of nowhere like a damn Game Master from an MMO and flatline me in a single shot? How bullshit is that? There's not even any response time, they're just [...] there!

I played RDR2, and from the time you commit a crime, there's a delay between the crime happening and it being seen, the crime being seen and it being reported, and the crime being reported and the law showing up. I'd argue maybe a minute or so until you start getting shot at by the law. And if you're pretty late in the game, you can likely handle them no problem and end up racking up a huge bounty. Hell, even if youre super skilled in the game and only have your Cattleman Revolver.

In Cyberpunk? I can get shot at over literally nothing (I went to Vik's place, to see what the weird soothsayer was gonna do, and I somehow aggro a dude who didn't even load in yet and ended up getting shot at, so I fired back and I guess a civvie got caught in the crossfire, suddenly NCPD adds on to my trouble) and within seconds, I'm dead when five cops show up and all hit me with headshots simultaneously. My goose was cooked. Reload again, and he aggroes again. I just [...] left the dude behind. Not how a good game functions in the slightest.

2 - Fix your cars. I can't believe that I'm seeing a modding community come together to fix your game for you. That's the saddest thing I've ever seen, makes you look like Bethesda. [...] Urkomisch. How can I immerse myself in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 when I can't drive 200mph through Night City, because the cars end up spawning twenty feet in front of me, or the light still don't turn on at certain points and I end up rear ending someone because I can't possibly see in pitch black? What about when the road doesn't possibly load, and I end up falling through, or maybe the textures don't load and I end up running into something? Or what if the AI decides to jaywalk down a busy street and doesn't have the intelligence to maybe either NOT cross the road, or maybe RUN across the road? How come cars seem to be Intent on sideswiping me, veering directly into me when I've clearly got enough space to squeeze between them when I'm driving? Why does the car fishtail if I just gently flick the joystick? How come I can't make precision turns like I can with other games with driving, or even a racing game? I'm not asking for Forza here, I'm just asking for driving that doesn't make me feel like I'm either driving a brick covered in soap, or a high performance bar of soap. Fix your driving.

3 - Customisation in all manners. Comments are going to be filling in where I might have missed things, so listen to them, too, but I can't miss out on telling you that customisation needs to be in the game. Guns, cars, our own body, our apartment, our clothes, everything. I want to give my favorite guns and blades their own look unique to me, I want to make the clothes I wear my own, I want to make my car my own, even down to its paint job and decals, window tint colour and all the bells and whistles. You basically make a future GTA and I can't even get my car tuned up or changed aesthetically to fit my V. I need barbers, tattoo parlors, the ripperdoc should have aesthetic cyberware to purchase and put on, etc. Comments? Add whatever else you feel Night City needs for your V to look the way you want. Definitely need a better character creator, too. If I can create John Marston or Arthur Morgan, or even Dutch Van Der Linde in RDO, I should be able to create Johnny Silverhand or Rogue, or even Hanako or Takamura if I want--but I can't. Voice over is whatever, I don't care whether that is changed to add more voices. I'd like it, personally, one to fit each life path, or maybe a couple to fit specific archetypes in the life path.

4 - First Expansion: Cut Content restored and NG+, for free, no questions asked. Every bit of cut content shown in the wayback machine that we saw as you hyped the game? We need it back. The Jackie montage? Back. Multiple endings for each mission based on your dialogue options? Back. How you act influences the end of the game? Why isnt that there anyway? Why is Witcher 3 more detailed and reflects your actions better than Cyberpunk--Night City is so much smaller than that game! Verticality? Being able to go into any building and go on every floor and there being something there, each NPC having their own daily routine, being able to walk up to a food stall, get some food (and see you eating it, too), or walk into a bar and get a drink, interact with the world in crazy ways? Back. Matter of fact, I want to see a class system worked into the game, too. But that can be implemented later. I want to decide for myself whether I want to be a solo as you force me to be, or if I want to be anything else in the Cyberpunk rulebook. I want my story to be changed completely depending on my life path. I want to see what was planned when you could pick your idol, instead of it just being Johnny. Yeah, I want you to give us the game you promised years ago with that hour long video showing gameplay, and a bit more to boot. All of that cut content? We need it back in your first expansion, to be free. No questions asked, forever until the end of days.

5 - Last demand I'll make, before I let the comments run amok with what they want from you: Give me the ability to save every character if I want to, so no one dies. Give me the ability to date any love interest, if I want. There is literally only one straight romance, and it's with Panam, who is [...] and I hate her. For that matter, if I want to kill any character, let me do it, too. Let me rob stores, let me play instruments, let me do races, etc as I wish. Even if it's a set cycle of races, or if I'm literally replaying Samurai songs in gigs, or whatever, give me the ability to essentially play 2077 like it's my own virtual version of the actual TTRPG. I wanna be a rockerboy? Let me get my own guitar, give me a level system or whatever to reflect it, let me pick and customize my own axe, etc. What if I lived the life Johnny did, and he wanted me to be better? What if I'm a solo, and Morgan Blackhand was the one following me, and gave me advice as I grew in fame? What if I was a corpo and Saburo Arasaka was the one giving me tips to take over Night City?

Alright, I'm done, because I absolutely hate having to tell a corp what they need to do to make a product good, all for free. I could fix your game so easily, CDPR, and all it would take would be listening to what the fans are missing in the game, and adding it in. Any extra story after the main game, nothing contained within tbe main game (aside from the point of no return) should be already in the game and therefore free on release, but anything after that? Maybe we can agree to pay for extra content that makes the game longer that WASNT taken out between hyping up the game and launch.

Either don't add it or decide to charge money for fixing the game, and you'll lose more customers than you realize. At this point, you're sitting between EA and Bethesda in terms of rep, and that isn't a good place to be. Especially since I can firmly put Rockstar as a better company than you in terms of making games, and the CDPR that did the Witcher 3 much better than you currently.

[...] I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

You basically make a future GTA
It's not GTA, it wasn't advertised as GTA clone, it never tries to be GTA, it won't ever be GTA-like game. Sorry, not sorry.
It's been known for a long time that apartment and car customization won't be in the game.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...asia-redesuik-gamestar-de-interview.11008165/
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/car-customization-has-been-dropped.11033195/
How can I immerse myself in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 when I can't drive 200mph through Night City
For starters, by not driving 200mph within built-up area.:smart:
4 - First Expansion: Cut Content restored and NG+, for free, no questions asked. Every bit of cut content shown in the wayback machine that we saw as you hyped the game? We need it back. The Jackie montage? Back. Multiple endings for each mission based on your dialogue options? Back. How you act influences the end of the game? Why isnt that there anyway? Why is Witcher 3 more detailed and reflects your actions better than Cyberpunk--Night City is so much smaller than that game! Verticality? Being able to go into any building and go on every floor and there being something there, each NPC having their own daily routine, being able to walk up to a food stall, get some food (and see you eating it, too), or walk into a bar and get a drink, interact with the world in crazy ways? Back. Matter of fact, I want to see a class system worked into the game, too. But that can be implemented later. I want to decide for myself whether I want to be a solo as you force me to be, or if I want to be anything else in the Cyberpunk rulebook. I want my story to be changed completely depending on my life path. I want to see what was planned when you could pick your idol, instead of it just being Johnny. Yeah, I want you to give us the game you promised years ago with that hour long video showing gameplay, and a bit more to boot. All of that cut content? We need it back in your first expansion, to be free. No questions asked, forever until the end of days.

5 - Last demand I'll make, before I let the comments run amok with what they want from you: Give me the ability to save every character if I want to, so no one dies. Give me the ability to date any love interest, if I want. There is literally only one straight romance, and it's with Panam, who is an absolute twat and I hate her. For that matter, if I want to kill any character, let me do it, too. Let me rob stores, let me play instruments, let me do races, etc as I wish. Even if it's a set cycle of races, or if I'm literally replaying Samurai songs in gigs, or whatever, give me the ability to essentially play 2077 like it's my own virtual version of the actual TTRPG. I wanna be a rockerboy? Let me get my own guitar, give me a level system or whatever to reflect it, let me pick and customize my own axe, etc. What if I lived the life Johnny did, and he wanted me to be better? What if I'm a solo, and Morgan Blackhand was the one following me, and gave me advice as I grew in fame? What if I was a corpo and Saburo Arasaka was the one giving me tips to take over Night City?

Not a single thing on this list was ever promised. Not even one.

It's not GTA, it wasn't advertised as GTA clone, it never tries to be GTA, it won't ever be GTA-like game. Sorry, not sorry.
It's been known for a long time that apartment and car customization won't be in the game.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...asia-redesuik-gamestar-de-interview.11008165/
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/car-customization-has-been-dropped.11033195/

For starters, by not driving 200mph within built-up area.:smart:

Not a single thing on this list was ever promised. Not even one.
Ah, I see, so it seems that [...]. Well, guess that reveals just how lost the company is.

Easy decision to not pour any more money into Cyberscam or any other product CD Projekt makes.

But thats alright, you guys can enjoy your dumpster of a game, and completely miss out on the very essence of the game this poor excuse for a product is half-assedly trying to emulate.

Seems that you all forgot the three rules of Cyberpunk, so I'm gonna put em here. Since CP2077 gets none of these right, it's just not a Cyberpunk game, and I'm better off just playing the tabletop.

1) Style over Substance: It doesn’t matter how well you do something, as long as you look good doing it. If you’re going to blow it, make sure you look like planned it that way. Normally, clothes and looks don’t matter in a adventure – in this world, having a leather armor jacket and mirrorshades is a serious consideration.

2) Attitude is Everything: It’s truth. Think dangerous; be dangerous. Think weak; be weak. Remember, everyone in the 2000’s is carrying lots of lethal hardware and high-tech enhancements. They won’t be impressed by you new H&K smartgun unless you swagger into the club looking like you know how to use it – and are just itching for an excuse.

3) Live on the Edge: The Edge is that nebulous zone where risk takes and highriders go. On the Edge, you’ll risk your cash, your rep, even your life on something as vague as a principle or a big score. As a cyberpunk, you want to be the action, start the rebellion, light the fire. Join great causes and fight for big issues. Never drive slow when you can drive fast. Throw yourself up against danger and take it head on. Never play too safe. Stay committed to the Edge.

But that's alright, at least I know what I want from CDPR out of everything they hyped the game up to be, and I won't just lay down and accept this putrid heap of refuse like you all seem to.

Whether certain aspects were or were not promised is irrelevant and simply shows how out of touch cdpr were/are with the source material. I mean for Christ sakes they couldn't even add a ******* barber, let alone a surgeon, into the game after 7+months to change your character. I'm tired of the excuses of "we can't split our resources to work on such things" I mean how many damn people do you need to "unlock" a few "locked" locations add an existing npc, existing assets, existing dialogue and code to allow players to change their appearance? Hell there are already 2 mods that allow you to change your appearance to some degree abs this was done by two separate people who likely have regular jobs.

Better yet ifv you can't do that how hard is it to allow players to skip the "same outcome" prologue so if they want a differently designed character they don't half to drudgev through the opening?

And don't fallback on the "we're not trying to be like this other games" excuse. Take what made "those games" good and expand on them. That's literally the creative process.

Seriously I love this game but the missed potential either shows complete laziness or complete ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom