Time to evaluate the Faction Echo cards

+

Which faction Echo card do you think is the strongest?

• NR

• NG

• SY

• SK

• MO

• ST

Results are only viewable after voting.

rrc

Forum veteran
Now we know all the Echo cards of all factions, its time to evaluate and rate them. We will see all possible aspects of it and assume that these cards are used twice in the game to evaluate them in the fair manner.

NG:
Coup De Grace (10P): Tactic. Damage an enemy by 2; Deathblow: Spawn and play a copy of it; Consipracy: Always trigger the deathblow effect.
Synergies: Tactics, Assimilate, Spy
Value Ceiling: As high as it can get with help of other support cards: To play enemy legendary cards (either kill them or make them spies) or Joachim or Canterall (in meme decks), there is no limit. Also, while doing that, triggering or helping other synergies where it can fit any NG deck.
Flexibility: Very flexible and can be part of any NG deck
Tutorable: Yes with Menno
Overall Value: Fantastic and Very high

SY:
Dies Irae (10P): Crime. Damage an enemy by 3 and boost all Firesworn allied units by 1. Deathblow: Boost all units by 1.
Synergy: Intimidate and Fireswron Swarm
Value Ceiling: Needs 7 units on board to break even (which is easy to achieve in 4 or 5 turns) and being an echo, it kind of need two long rounds to be of high value, again, a deck built for that can do that easily. With 10+ allies on board (on both rounds), this can bring easily 14-15 points on two rounds, which is massive.
Flexibility: Can only work in Firesworn swarm deck and can't be any use for abilities like Jackpot or Hidden Cache or the other two similar brothers
Tutorable: Yes, with Ferko
Overall Value: Very hiigh on specific decks

SK:
Blood Eagle (10P): Raid: Damage an enemy by 2 then play a warrior from your deck with 8 provisions or less. Deathblow: Play any warrior from your deck. BT 3: Always trigger Deathblow.
Synergy: Playing this card will help +1 BloodThirst, but this is a tutor which does 3 damage. Triggering Deathblow or having BT3 is easy as pie for SK so, this will almost always trigger its condition and can play any Warrior from deck. And almost all of the cards in SK are warriors.
Value Ceiling: It is a Royall Decree which does 3 damage on top of it. So, it is as high as the strongest warrior in the deck.
Flexibility: Even though there are high value warriors, Wild Boar of the Sea can't be tutored. Still a very good flexibility.
Tutorable: No
Overall Value: High

MO:
Ard Geath (10P): Spawn Frost on both enemy rows for 3 turns.
Synergy: Only works on WH archetype
Value Ceiling: It can be as low as 6 points or as high as 18 (3 turns, always having units on both rows and having Eredin with dominance). With Movement cards now added to MO, it is possible to achieve the second row trigger for at least 2 turns. So, it can get 10 points in 3 turns on average and if things go well for you, you can get 18 in one round and 12 in another round; depends on the opponents and opponents can play around it and if you already have other cards which trigger frost, this can be awkward.
Flexibility: Only be worth in WH decks
Tutorable: NO
Overall Value: Moderate

NR:
Amphibious Assault (12P): Play a NR unit from your deck with 9P or less and boost it by 1 for each provision below the limit.
Synergy: Can be played in any NR deck as this is a tutor which doesn't punish playing a low provision unit
Value Ceiling: It is very flexible and can play for 12 points with Keadwini Knight and can put most engines out of the removal range, can enable Anna to come with +2 on the turn it gets deployed. The possibility that you can play this card twice and both times getting played for 12 points with Keadwini Knight is a scary potential and can be an awesome red coin abuse card.
Flexibility: Excellent as it can played in any NR deck
Tutorable: Yes, Natalis
Overall Value: Excellent and Very high, as it can be played as point span or for engines, useful in both short rounds and long rounds.

ST:
Shaping Nature (9P): Nature: Choose between (1) Play for 6 points and veil, (2) Play for 8 points, (3) Play for 6 points and +4 over 4 turns
Synergy: Symbiosis, outside symbiosis with 4 or more symbiosis card, this card plays for sh*t value and plays into tall removal/reset.
Value Ceiling: This is pretty straight forward. Having more symbiosis card is a general use and Nature's rebuke can play for 7 points + symbiosis with 5 removal. If nature tag is the only reason to play this, there are other nature cards which are far better value than this. This should be 7P for it be useful.
Flexibility: Absolutely not worth outside of Symbiosis deck and even in Symbiosis deck, other nature cards can give close value for much less provisions.
Tutorable: Yes, Fauve, but she may feel insulted to use this card with her.
Overall Value: Sh*t

So, I would rate the Echo cards like this:

1) NR (the top 3 are hard, but considering how flexible this is, with potential of 12 points burst twice and excellent in both long and short rounds)
2) NG (Very close to SY, but since it is more flexible and can be used in wide variety of decks)
3) SY
4) SK (non tutorable and can't work for Wild Boar Of the Sea)
5) MO
6) ST

So, how would you rate the faction echo cards?

[...]

So, I would rate the Echo cards like this:

1) NR (the top 3 are hard, but considering how flexible this is, with potential of 12 points burst twice and excellent in both long and short rounds)
2) NG (Very close to SY, but since it is more flexible and can be used in wide variety of decks)
3) SY
4) SK (non tutorable and can't work for Wild Boar Of the Sea)
5) MO
6) ST

So, how would you rate the faction echo cards?
I would have put SK on 2, NG on 3 and SY on 4, however that is difficult to say, given that those are all very close in how good they are.

[...]

ST:
Shaping Nature (9P): [...]
Tutorable: Yes, Fauve, but she may feel insulted to use this card with her.
[...]
Agreed, the card plays for on a power level being more befitting of a 7p card.
If I would have to buff it I would split the boosts on 2 units for each choice and cut 1 provision.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
I would have put SK on 2, NG on 3 and SY on 4, however that is difficult to say, given that those are all very close in how good they are.

Agreed, the card plays for on a power level being more befitting of a 7p card.
If I would have to buff it I would split the boosts on 2 units for each choice and cut 1 provision.
Yes, SK is a powerful card, but I put it below NG and SY is because it is not tutorable and can't play Wild Boar of Sea (or any ships), but otherwise it is a crazy good as it is +3 value on top of Royal Decree. Considering overall flexibility and usability along with power level considering short/long round. If it was either an Alchemy card or Play any unit, I would have ranked it definitely above NG and SY and in that case, it may even content with NR for being top.

Thought NR may technically be the strongest, it's also 12p, so I would put NG at best value, followed by SK. Then NR, then SY. Agree with the rest, especially the sh*t ST part. :D

Be careful of claims without checking them. In fact, well under half of SK units are warriors. If I did not miscount, 15 of 45 gold cards and 19 of 42 bronze. And it is far from a Royal Decree even in warrior based decks as it cannot call utility cards (such as bomb heaver) that you want access to but may not want in hand. I think your point about the power of the SK card in some decks still holds, but was exaggerated as to the breadth of decks it supports.

Power of a card can be measured in two ways; by the effect it is likely to have on meta decks, and by its average usefulness in all decks. Most of the analysis done so far is based upon the former. I want to rank the cards in terms of the latter.
1. (By a wide margin) is NG. Copying the best opposing card is powerful in virtually any deck.
2. NR. Nearly every deck should have a good card to tutor, and the boost can help many with survivability.
3. ST. This card has been severely undervalued. 8 points of boost (with additional flexibility) is 8 points of value to any hand. Playing into tall removal is sometimes an issue — but it can also be useful in forcing that removal on the wrong card. Moreover, this is the only echo card likely to easily play for full value in a short round and with flexibility to be played at almost any time in a round. With possible symbiosis on top, I would not feel bad about this card.
4. SK. Bloodthirst 3, especially in two rounds is not as easy as has been made out, even with SK. Decks built around priests, druids, ships, and beasts benefit very little. But for warrior decks, even if only an 8 provision warrior is drawn in one round, this could be quite strong.
5. SY. Even if death blow is triggered, getting much value depends on having a broad strategy and a long or moderately long round. This card will likely be good for one round a match, but I’m not sure echo adds much value.
6. MO. This is close to SY. To get good value usually requires opponent cooperation and a long round, or significant accommodations in your deck. Again, I’m not sure how much value echo adds.

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

NR is definitely the strongest but expensive af. And I still don't see NR too excited about going for devotion, dropping Decree for this (and +2 provision) and having Draug, Baron, Anseis, Philippa, Falibor, Adelia, etc. un-tutorable.

I just saw the ST card. How is it 5 provisions higher than Dryad's Caress?

I'm also not too exited about Coup de Grace. Ceiling is sky high but brick potential is also very high. You need Fergus var Emreis or Joachim to combo it with for any decent value. And units will be totally un-tutorable in devotion NG. I just don't see how this card can be consistent as an Echo card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom