Time to take a six month break and hope for improvements

+
I played this game a lot; 300+ hours. Never once finished the main quest line, mostly because I was just never satisfied enough with each playthrough. Plus I knew the endings were going to tick me off. So after definitely enough play to form an opinion, it's like this (for me):

The city is great. Love to just run around and find things, which is how I spent most of my time. But it's also not interactive enough; need vendors that sell the right foods that you can actually sit down and eat, for example. Same with bars. Look at Red Dead for how that should be done.

Quests are well done (except the main line, and that is mostly about having no good options).

I'm sick and tired of the clothing is armor way of thinking. Armor is armor, not a pair of pants or sunglasses. The first mod I made for Fallout 4 was a simple one that made two of the perks you could buy (toughness and refractor) equivalent to a set of clothes with ballistic weave. It meant I could wear anything I wanted and the game would play the same. Your character should get tougher to kill as he/she gains experience, not your cutoff shorts. If you want to have armored vests and such to wear over clothes, fine, but let everyone dress however they want and have it not matter for survival. Bad enough the clothing kind of sucks, but I don't want to keep throwing aside something that actually looks good every few levels.

Too much junk litters areas, and I don't mean for ambiance. It's so grindy to keep running over to see what something is, only to find it's an ashtray or deck of cards, again. Why does the game even need junk? Haven't done a lot of crafting, but there should be enough materials disassembling weapons and such.

Random deaths. First off, what the hell kind of city has tanks of explosive materials every twenty feet? Yeah, that's realistic world building. And while it might be fun to occasionally shoot one to kill someone, in first person it's very hard to keep track of them so you don't get blown up yourself. Then there's all the random jump off of/or over something and just fall down and die. Three times today it happened. It was bad enough with the electrical discharge implants which I now won't use but it happens without them, too.

This one is just stupid it's not already in the game. Let us change our appearance at Barbers and Ripperdocs. Because of the lame lighting in the player creator it's impossible to tell what your character is going to look like in the game.

Speaking of looks, I'm still firmly in the 3rd person corner. I don't find it more immersive to not see my character; the city, maybe helps a little, but I can't relate to someone I never see. Especially when the dialog cutscenes don't show them, either. There's a setting in Fallout for cutscenes I believe; should be in this, too.

Romance; you've already heard it. Seriously restrictive in a game where there is an advert about sex every ten feet.

For the love of cybergod, figure out a way the player can start the game after waking up in their apartment after the heist and all the Silverhand let's play a movie interlude. Make it a fourth path or something. Why would I want to keep playing the same 4-6 hours of game every time I decide I want to try something new? I cringe every time I think about it.

It's disappointing you didn't choose to make the rpg you promised, but I've been trying to like what I got. There's a lot there, but it wears thinner every time I play and needs some big improvements to keep holding interest.

Top Bottom