Timeframe for 1.07?

+
Timeframe for 1.07?

Any response on the timeframe you're expecting to release it no matter how broad would be appreciated. I'm waiting to restart my game until hopefully this patch fixes some things.

Yeah ive pretty much shelved the game till a few more patches come out. Nothing game breaking for me any more since they fixed the xp glitch, but the last patch killed my performance.

yes man I am too waiting desperately for this long awaited huge patch 1.07 but I am afraid that its going to take more time as CDPR still not yet released 1.05 patch for consoles :( & Marchin said that 1.007 going to come after 1.05 patch for console

Guest 3830747

Is it really that bad?

It kinda is. Practically everyone in my steam list can't play because of varying issues. For some people if just crashes to desktop, others it might hard crash, and others their game just has game breaking bugs like quests that you can't compete, NPC's that refuse to pop into existence, or infinite loading screens etc. So even though the bugs are different, they each all essentially have a bricked game that they paid for but can't actually play :( Really hope this game doesn't become one of those titles that despite the best efforts of the devs, just never becomes stable enough for everyone to be able to play properly. Because there are lots of people that still wan't to play, despite the stability issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It kinda is. Practically everyone in my steam list can't play because of varying issues. For some people if just crashes to desktop, others it might hard crash, and others their game just has game breaking bugs like quests that you can't compete, NPC's that refuse to pop into existence, or infinite loading screens etc. So even though the bugs are different, they each all essentially have a bricked game that they paid for but can't actually play :( Really hope this game doesn't become one of those titles that despite the best efforts of the devs, just never becomes stable enough for everyone to be able to play properly. Because there are lots of people that still wan't to play, despite the stability issues.

I have about 200 hours logged so far. Yes the game does crash for me, but it usually runs for several hours. i7 3770 gtx 970 sli. What hardware yopu running?

I wonder why some get crashing and others don't. I have played Geralt up to level 7, and I haven't experienced a single crash yet.

I have about 200 hours logged so far. Yes the game does crash for me, but it usually runs for several hours. i7 3770 gtx 970 sli. What hardware yopu running?

I can play hours on end as well (Gainward Phantom GTX 970, factory OC, FX 8350 stock) since 1.05 or so and latest 2 NVIDIA drivers. I used to have to perform all kinds of strange tweaks with the first versions of the game and the "witcher game-ready" drivers, such as disabling GFE and Streaming services, but now I run those as well.
My issues were just freezes (sound still playing, mouse cursor moved 1-2 secs after everything else froze, only to freeze itself), yet now I suspect that the game was not the culprit, but having Chrome open in the background... as Chrome+NVIDIA drivers have some strange freezing issues. Since I started closing the browser things look OK.
I think the most I played is like 3 hours. No issues at all. Yet. We all know crap can happen anytime, but fingers crossed :p

So while the game is/used to be unstable, NVIDIA's drivers and Chrome are also unstable. It is extremely hard to pinpoint what exactly happens sadly.

I believe stability to be a mix of both available memory (obviously) and CPU power. If anything, I think CDPR may have been too generous with their minimum specs in terms of required processor. I was able to get it running stably on both my desktop power-house and my 3-year-old Asus ROG laptop...but both of them are running an i7 CPU. My nephew and a buddy have been experiencing all sorts of problems and crashing on their i5's.

Given how poorly the game seems to be handling threading, especially for textures, threading is likely the culprit. As long as the CPU can keep up, you're good. I would not want CDPR to rush on this next patch. I'd rather they take another week, or month, or however long they need and get these issues sorted properly. Truly, I think the drivers, for Nvidia at least, have gone about as far as they can (except for Kepler fixes).

I can play hours on end as well (Gainward Phantom GTX 970, factory OC, FX 8350 stock) since 1.05 or so and latest 2 NVIDIA drivers. I used to have to perform all kinds of strange tweaks with the first versions of the game and the "witcher game-ready" drivers, such as disabling GFE and Streaming services, but now I run those as well.
My issues were just freezes (sound still playing, mouse cursor moved 1-2 secs after everything else froze, only to freeze itself), yet now I suspect that the game was not the culprit, but having Chrome open in the background... as Chrome+NVIDIA drivers have some strange freezing issues. Since I started closing the browser things look OK.
I think the most I played is like 3 hours. No issues at all. Yet. We all know crap can happen anytime, but fingers crossed :p

So while the game is/used to be unstable, NVIDIA's drivers and Chrome are also unstable. It is extremely hard to pinpoint what exactly happens sadly.

Yeah I have been reading the same thing, idk whats up with nvidia drivers lately. I actually lose fps in batman with with sli running the latest driver that includes sli support for batman lol.

FPS drop (since 1.05) & hard crash are the 2 worst things so far. Minor issues are losing mutagen bonus after loading, mutagen incompatibility, cannot craft more than one, & disappearing blacksmiths.

Yep. Got a i5-3570K 3.40GHz, 780 Ti classified,16GBs ram and I can't play the game for more than 8 minutes before it crashes.

I have the EVGA 780 ti SC and the only way I can play without crashing is to underclock the card a little. I use MSI afterburner and made a profile downclocking the core and memory clocks to -75 each. With this setting I am able to play as long as I want with the occasional freeze, but it isn't that often. Although on top of the underclocking, I have to set the game to windowless border. Using fullscreen almost always results in a crash, I don't know why. So try those two settings and see if you can play longer without crashing...Good Luck.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 has been many things for me up to the point of total ruination, but if theres one thing the game never did is crash, not once. I am a IT tech though so theres things I do with my system to keep it healthy more casual users wouldn't. For the record;

i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz
HD7970 @ 1160 \ 6700

Latest drivers system wide, chipset, sound, graphics, etc.

Last edited:
I was getting crashes back at launch but haven't been crashing since the last two patches. Just waiting for quest bug and enemies despawning with quest items to be fixed before I start again.

I'm logged 72 hours in TW3, the first playthrough. I've started from v1.01 to v1.06. My game crashed only 2 times. Of course I had the minor issues like loosing mutagen power after reloading a game, alchemy issues and other things.

AMD FX 6300
AMD R9 270x 2GB Sapphire OC
8GB DDR3
SSD 250 Samsung 850 EVO

Top Bottom