Timing Issue with Units that have a lot of Charges or Slow Animation Effects

+
I recently lost a round against arachas drone leader because I was using my arbalest to kill his arachas drones one by one (he had like 8 or 9) and I ran out of time because the doomed animation in the graveyard (the purple smoke effect) took so long for each drone... Im hoping this animation could be sped up somehow.

I think when there is an ongoing animation (buffing a unit, doomed unit dying etc.), remaining time should stop for the duration of animation +0.25 seconds or so. If engine decks become popular at future, this problem will catch more attention.

Also, using several charged effects should be smoother and faster in my opinion. It is a bit clunky at the moment.

Believe it or not, but I finally managed to build a decent Reveal deck (R2, positive win ratio with a Syanna into double Joachim de Wett)

Link for the curious

My main problem is that the reveal mechanic is really slow, when you reveal 1 card from both hands it takes almost 5 seconds. The result is long matches, and it may be frustrating for the opponent.

My suggestion is to speed up the process, by accelerating the animation. Furthermore, both cards should be revealed in the same time, it makes sense as the cards are compared (and you reduce the time by 2).

To devs: Please do not remove the reveal mechanic at the end of the month as I finally managed to win with it :ok:

I like the animations, please don`t remove or shorten them unnecessarily, but please freeze the timer while they happen...
It is quite frustrating having the combo thought through and not being able to do all the clicks due to the timer being consumed during the animations.

Could make games super long (and would be abusable), but I also don't think the current mechanic is the fairest it could be. Hmm.

Could make games super long (and would be abusable), but I also don't think the current mechanic is the fairest it could be. Hmm.

It doesn't have to make games any longer.

Probably the overall time would need to be shortened by a bit to compensate for it.

And I don't think it could be abused either. The only way it could is if someone on purpose wanted to trigger long animations to get extra time for thinking or roping, but I don't see any case this could be an advantage or meaningful enough to matter.

Also, using several charged effects should be smoother and faster in my opinion. It is a bit clunky at the moment.

I agree on this. Above 5 charges start getting a bit tiring, close to 10 is quite annoying and over 10 takes "forever".

Make Eithnés animation quicker

The pings take a long time and don't always register when you click (sometimes it registers one ping too many if you rush it).
Also, unless the timer changes in the future and freezes during the animation, this means you sometimes don't have time to play the card after the pings...

In general I wish you could queue up actions. Hearthstone allows you to more or less play out your sequence and hit pass in the middle of the animations.
I'm pretty sure Gwent is getting there. They included drag and drop recently. Hopefully queued up actions come next.

Absolutely agree, we need an ability to queue up actions or a complete rework of order abilities. Game speed and responsiveness is crucial factor for success, especially on mobile.

Turns too short, getting actions cut off due to long animations.

This applies for all consoles and PC. Turns are too short if you run certain decks on round 3, despite most of the turn being taken up by the animations for buffing.

Perfect example of this is having Townsfolk or 2 on the melee row with a Coerced Blacksmith and Igor the Hook with a Firesworn Scribe in the ranged row.

The interaction between Scribe buffing Townsfolk takes so long that often times you won't have time to use all your coins, be efficient with your coin spending, etc.

Luckily the solution is somewhat simple!

Make the turn timer ONLY tick when the turn player can perform an action.

This way while the game does its animation bit, it doesn't eat into your turn 3 timer which can and does rob people of legit wins.

In general, I truly enjoy the beautiful art and animation in Gwent. For all leaders except Dijkstra, the player might have 4 charges of leader ability at most. The player would have time to appreciate the leader animation if at most 4 charges are used in a turn. However, Dijkstra often has 10+ charges of leader ability and they often need to be used in the same turn as a burst. I have been struggling to use all Dijkstra's charges in time even though I was clicking around all the time.

I hope the developers can shorten his animation to save time for both players.

Also happens with cards like Townsfolk, etc. The animations lock you out of half your turn.

It's a severe issue that needs fixing as of yesterday.

Right now players have to wait for a bunch of animations to finish before being able to perform a follow-up action during their turn. This is making the game feel frustratingly sluggish and can result in a turn ending in some random nonsense if a player has run out of time. As this game is not about watching a movie or cut-scenes, my suggestion would be to make playing a card and all the follow-up actions as instant as possible, like clicking through an operating system. Animations on the board should depend fully on the latest click of the player. That means that if a player plays fast, some animations will simply be broken off. I think this would greatly improve the pace and feel of the game.

Top Bottom