TIP: Do the Gwent Tournament Last

+
TIP: Do the Gwent Tournament Last

On my second run, I decided to do the Gwent tournament early because of the Blave steel sword.
Well, at the time, Geralt was only level 42, thus Aerondight was also level 42.
The Ofeiri man was literally saying that he'll wager a sword that's at the same level as your silver sword. So I only got a level 42 Blave.
In my first save, my Aerondight was level 49 during the tournament, and I was rewarded with level 49 Blave.

So, if you wish Geralt to use Blave with a better base damage, it's wise to do this quest later in the game.

Anyway, below are other alternative swords, so you could probably do this at the time you prefer.
Source
Steel swords:
Belhaven blade
Faithful friend
Faramond's blade
Ducal guard officer
Ducal guardsman
Toussaint sword
Viroledan blade

Silver swords:
Fen'aeth
Gesheft
Tah'rel

Ah, just did this again this morning :D This has always been practically my first quest in BAW. Does anyone know if this is still doable after main story has ended? It seems that quite many side quests can be done after that.

Edit: I was lvl 37 when I entered the tournament and my prize sword is lvl 40, so I can't use it yet.

Last edited:
Oh, looks like the floor of the Blave level is 40.
I shall update this thread if I can do it after Be It Ever So Humble. But, I have a hunch that it can.
I did Equine Phantoms, Extreme Cosplay, and the quest where you rescue the barber with the bard singing behind you after the main story. (only because I didn't know we have these quests).LOL

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be the quest which is depending of story progression. Haven't thought about it that much though. I don't know if someone important gets killed during vampire attack.

Top Bottom