Tips for a gamer for Witcher 3 before the launch! SPOILER FREE!

+
so 2 questions if I may

1. I don't know if you know this I know there's 4 difficulties but is the hardest one permadeath or just more difficult?

2. also which difficulty do you like the most I heard from reviews that normal is way to easy but how is hard is the game like witcher 2 where the game can be cheap sometimes and other times you just steam roll through stuff?
1. Like I said brother, I am not sure about the 4th difficulty level.
2. Witcher 3 on normal is easier than witcher 3. It's good to play in hard.
What adrenaline does in the game?
You can do more damage with adrenaline.

Would you happen to know about how long it takes before you leave the prologue area?
If you focus just on the main quest then you can get of there pretty soon. But if you try to finish all the quests and other stuff... We are looking at 4- 6 hours.

@ArRam

So I was debating playing it on Death March because the Gamespot review said to play it on one difficulty higher than you normally would and I originally was going to start it on Blood and Broken Bones. I am very meticulous when I play my games. I search everything and do every side quest. How difficult is it playing on Blood and Broken Bones? Is it feasible to just start on Death March? Did it ever get easy for you on Blood and Broken Bones? I definitely want a challenge, but I don't want Death March to be so hard that it just sucks the life out of the game. Any insight on this would be much appreciated! :)
Its really an individual's choice. I felt that normal was easy for me. I shifted to Hard. You can go through my review and tips for more insights.

Hey ArRam,

Thank you so much for this thread and your other spoiler free review. Enjoyed both immensely. I have one question that I cant seem to get answered. I recently made a thread about this so sorry in advance to everyone for asking this all over but I'm desperate to get answers before the game comes out. In regards to skill resets (potion of clearance I think they are called) Do they remove the skill points acquired from places of power? I really only ask this here because you've been very quick and informative with your responses. Thanks in advance. :)
I stand corrected, I was wrong about losing skill points (from places of power) being lost during reset. Donno what kind of calculation I did back then. I was wrong. You can retain skill points from places of power. Confirmed.

@ArRam: Great post. Well written. More appreciated since you already can play :) Cant wait to get my hands on the game tuesday.
Thanks Brother! :)
Nice thread, I've been playing the Witcher 3 for some time on PS4, I think I have 20 hours already, and I agree with most of those hints.

But, about playing on Hard, I started the game on the Hard difficulty, I played on it in the first 15 hours, then I switched to Normal because there was some interesting quests that I wanted to do that was getting way too much hard to handle, like some enemies with too much life bar for example, but that's because I didn't have the correct level recommended for the quest.

But anyway, here is my advice about choosing the right Difficulty for you (Normal or Hard):

- Hard Difficulty: In my opinion, this difficulty is more focused on the "RPG elements" of the game. You will be restricted by your level, for example you can be stuck on a quest that you want to do and you will have to give up because you don't have the level necessary to overcome that challenge, otherwise you will keep failing. On the other hand, the game shows you the level recommended for the quest, so you can avoid the high level ones, but some of those is hard to know if will be hard or not until you try the quest for yourself, and give up after starting a quest is a bit frustrating.

So, I recommend Hard Difficulty for people who loves more the deep RPG aspect of games, level up, stats, equipment manangement for example is more focused in this difficulty than on Normal.

- Normal Difficulty: In this difficulty I feel that you can explore the Open World and enjoy the Story and Gameplay more without having to worry all the time about your level, there are still some difficult quests that you will have to avoid but its not a big deal like on Hard. You still have to explore the weakness of your oponent on the Normal Difficulty, so is not too easy, it really feels "Just Right".

I recommend the Normal Difficulty for the majority of people, because you can adapt your playstyle and there's a better sense of freedom in this difficulty.

So that's it, I hope this helps the people that are in doubt about the difficulty level you want to start.
And sorry about my english :D
Like I mentioned, difficulty level is purely personal choice which depends on one's skills and interest.
You are absolutely right for the play style you are referring too!
Thanks for your insight brother!

How do you get new gwent cards? And are there lots to collect? (monsters etc)
Would you say its almost like a trading card game in itself

I have a question regarding number 7

"Talk to as many NPCs as you can! Doing this will give you a lot of insights into their life and the lore. It just increases the immersion."

I tried this but the NPC's only say one liners like "how do you do?", "what?" and other stuff like that. Is this a bug? how can I trigger conversation that will give me insights to their lives like you said?

Top Bottom