Tips for the "shoot a grenade" and "berserk superhero slam" achievements?

+
Cause I tried for a while to get the super hero slam one, but damn, is that a pathetic move, with no range, and piddly damage.
I was doing it in the first zone, where random enemies seem to be weakest... but IF I could manage to hit two guys, I was lucky if one would die.

As for the grenade thing... who the hell actually throws grenades? I barely ever see any grenades tossed. I've sat there behind cover with lots of enemies, and they don't throw anything (hell, most of the time they just stand still and won't even attack me normally).

Cause I tried for a while to get the super hero slam one, but damn, is that a pathetic move, with no range, and piddly damage.
I was doing it in the first zone, where random enemies seem to be weakest... but IF I could manage to hit two guys, I was lucky if one would die.

As for the grenade thing... who the hell actually throws grenades? I barely ever see any grenades tossed. I've sat there behind cover with lots of enemies, and they don't throw anything (hell, most of the time they just stand still and won't even attack me normally).

Many enemies throw grenades, and you can easily shoot one with a smart weapon.

Just sit behind cover long enough and they'll start tossing nades. If ou have trouble shooting them, install sandevistan (the time slowing cyberware) and it's a breeze.

Juyo

Forum regular
I found the superhero landing thing hard to execute, although not sure if it executed and I just didn't notice, now you've said that it's fairly small in effect! As suggested above, any time slow cyberware makes the grenade shoot easy peasy if you can find a group of gangers that will throw them at you - I find the Tyger Claws are the best bet, big gangs of them in the 'reported crime' locations are very keen on trying to grenade you to death.

Or you could just use Skippy or a smart gun. I am positive that smart weapons focus grenades too :)

I'll try a smart gun.

The issue with grenades is that the AI is just too damn passive. I've had the odd one tossed, but usually by the time it's happened it's too late to do anything. And most of the time when I just behind cover, the AI just stands there doing nothing. Or sometimes taking a wild shot which does nothing.

I think the biggest challenge is just getting the AI to do its job. lol

Top Bottom