Tips to improve deck to work with update

+
Tips to improve deck to work with update

Nilfgaard is awesome but with the update i been having a harder time winning so any suggested improvements are welcomed. And no i wont take any out rot tossers they make me laugh.

They ruin my strategy by dooming medics...

Leader
---
John Calveit

Gold
-----​​​​​​
Assassination
Vilgefortz
Cahi​​​​​​r
Raindarn

Silver
----
Auckes
Fake Ciri
Decoy
Joachim de Wett
Assire Var Anahid
Vanhemar

Bronze
---
Rot tosser 3x
Nauzicaa Brigate 2x
Impera Brigade 2x
Emissary 3x
Vicovaro medix 3x
Impera enforcers 2x
A​​​​​​mbassador

Aluzurs thunder
Biting frost

I got 5k scrap and 625 dust im willing to spend to fix it up.

As a fan of NG since CB I tried really a lot of variants of this deck. Your deck is weak against buffed units or against weather. You do not have any means of achieving card advantage as well. I would suggest improving these fronts.

Remove these:
2x Impera enforcers (do not synergize with the rest of the deck)
​1x A​​mbassador (well, you can keep it but you have too many cards)
1x Biting frost (not for NG)
1x vicovaro medic (3 medics is pain. How often did you end up with Emissary giving you 2 medics in round 1? Thats overkill)
1x Assasination (you can keep it as a matter of removing high-buffed unit from the board but I doubt it is worth a golden slot)

Add these:
1x impera brigade (so many spies. hell, you should keep 3 of them)
1x/2x Nauzicaa Standard Bearer (too much weather, you know)

For card advantage you can add Ciri or Cantarella or Ocvist. I would suggest Cantarella + Ciri.

To fight buffed up units you can add Peter Saar Whatever or D-Bomb. If you choose D-Bomb you can try to play it with Letho.

Letho + cantarella synergize with your spy deck a lot. Think of them.

Assire is somewhat redundant. I used her to return Roach to my deck but decided that they both are not worth it. Not sure about her - if you find good use - keep her.

FYI: using Letho + D-bomb I am competitive at rank 16. I have fun with this deck but it still needs tweaking.

Last edited:
No Title

You should replace assassination (worst NG gold) with Tibor (top 3 best Gwent gold). Then as said upon, remove biting frost (useless) and at least one medic (it messes with your emmisaries).
Then you have 2 main problem imo: 1/ you play 28 cards (3 too many). Imo, I would not take the 2 nauzica brigades and pick 1 clear sky for starters (Versus weather dagon, you can combo Vanhemar with decoy). 2/ You don't mill enough (I'm pretty sure you end round 3 with more than 4 cards in your deck). If not, that means you use your medic on emissaries and it's actually a bad move (a desesperate move I do when I'm so unlucky I don't draw emissaries in my mulligan). I know the vico novice have been nerfed but they are still usefull to mill AND to combo with your ambassador to get a huge tempo.
If it can help you, you can see my own deck that is very efficient against every match up (currently at the edge of getting rank 14 with a very good win/loss ratio)

Attachments

• photo152670.jpg
    photo152670.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 66
Ya assire is useless now i cant revive my medics.
​​​​
Assissination i got for free from keg and its had its moments but ill retire it for letho and d bomb.

Cantarella ended up just being a sore since its giving 10 points to the enemy and the cards i drew barely made up for it. But ill try it out in causal with your other suggestions alts-gamer.

Tibor was on my list to probably get next as well guess he be useful 3rd round when opponent doesnt have many good cards left. I just get wary about card that let them draw more cards. Thanks thanatos.

Lypi;n8960200 said:
Cantarella ended up just being a sore since its giving 10 points to the enemy and the cards i drew barely made up for it. But ill try it out in causal with your other suggestions alts-gamer.
Personally I use Cantarella along with Letho and find it awesome. You need to play cantarella as close to 3 most powerful adjacent enemy units as possible. Then absorb its strength with letho and d-bomb him. In this case you receive card but do not give enemy power. However, be ready to receive a pass after Cantarella play.

I crafted Menno and he works great with Cantarella/de Wett/Emissaries. I also play Fringilla for surprise factor. My other golds are Letho and Cahir and Renew. Was thinking of Renew substitute because I'm sometimes lacking targets. Any suggestions?

No Title

Well, here is my latest deck. Had some pretty fun wins today with the Vilenthajrhhyhtafluckthisname and Letho combo - just made a SK guy to ragequit after he was so confident of winning the first two rounds - played the said Vilenthajrfgfghjjktafluckthisname at the second turn and he just gave up at the Third Round where I had 3 Golds on the board and Letho + D-Bomb in my pocket (so, I guess he works better than YenCon in this regard).

A wise move, if I have had ever seen one.

Having problems in Ranked, though - stuck at Rank 12 (especially after the patch when Spellgaard went to hell), so I turned to casual - games are more fun there and you do not meet the same-same decks every other game.

Attachments

• photo153480.jpg
    photo153480.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 65
Figure i give an update between weird glitches i tried out all the suggestions and wow thank you thanatos i looked up Menno after seeing your deck and hes the solution to many of my issues. I named my new deck after you lol. Also changed a lot of bronze cards out for suggested by altgamer.

Letho + d bomb works great! Also now using Menno to clean up the spy mess makes cantarella usable again my deck is at 26 cards cause i wanna keep all my rot tossers but it functions way better now. had to take fake ciri out of my deck which made me sad but i wanna get on that leaderboard one day.

Budzoo i would suggest Tibor if you save it for 2nd/3rd round it can instantly tip the scales as i have recently learned.
villentretenmerth seems good against sk but i dont have any room to switch out golds or id consider shoving him in. Ya i retired JenCon from NG deck she hangs out with my monster deck.

Edit: omg letho keeps glitching now. I swear this game takes all my effort and spits on it whilst laughing.

Last edited:
First of all, Tibor is a waste of deck space. There are exactly 4 gold cards that MUST be present in your deck to defeat the best players and he is not one of them.

Second, A possible opponent will want you to use a high power spy to gain advantage(Canterella) Anyone using a canterella regrets it when playing me. Avoid cards that give your opponent added power. (Spies) I take advantage of them every time.

Third, Rot tossers will keep your opponent engaged in protecting their own rather than using attacks on your power cards. If they aren't or can't, they pay dearly for it anyway.

Last but not least, be prepared for Letho like or boosted cards and keep a Geralt: igni card to use at the last possible moment after they've boosted themselves with as many other cards as possible. Let them use as many boosts as they want and make it all for nothing as a final surprise attack.

NG decks can survive weather effects without clear skies cards. I do it all the time. An effective deck is an efficient one.

Sorry, but showing you my deck would lead to everyone building the same one and to anyone who put days of effort into writing cards all down, taking notes and creating a masterpiece, it wouldn't be fair to just put it out there. Hope this helps even though it may be a slight bit vague.

The best piece of advice anyone can offer is to test your deck on every single one of the single player challenges. Beating them ALL with the same deck means you're ready for competitive play. Note: Don't always depend on the tactics stated for the challenges. If you do, you'll end up with a deck that is suited against a single faction, leaving you vulnerable against others.

Last edited:
I can't see how to quote, but isn't the point of the spies in NG to use then with the brigades? Sure, you give the opponent power, but the brigades should help negate that. I'd be careful about boosting a spy on my side, if there is a chance the opponent has Menno. I'd rather use Emhyr's power to replay the spy than strengthen it.

Top Bottom